Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

transit in geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Trw144, I’ve been “pinged” twice after BA flights.
Never been asked to isolate. Asked my vaccine status and then told ok to go about normally, did take a few LFT’s.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just gone through GVA and the queue at immigration was enormous - luckily I skipped most of it due to having a Swiss passport but it was very slow and I reckon would be at least an hour, probably more, for those in the non-EU/non-Swiss queue
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Whitters, You must have been unlucky. Our son had a very smooth entry at Geneva around 1300 today with a UK passport. Landing to pick up ( no luggage) in 20 mins.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We arrived it Tignes in the early hours this morning after landing at GVA at 9pm (departing from LHR).
Added all our docs to VeriFLY before we were allowed to check in on BA, and after that nothing was checked in the airport UK-side other than normal boarding pass and passport.
Once we landed at GVA passport control took about 40mins to get through, but once at the desk we didn’t have a single thing checked other than our passports. We had printed out the entry form, PCR test, vaccination certificate and our Airbnb confirmation to prove we were transiting straight through to France.
No border checks going into France either - we actually risked it and only had a PCR within 72hrs of arrival (the Swiss requirement) as we sorted before seeing France was within 48hrs, I read elsewhere on here that no one was being stopped when driving through the border so we thought worse the risk rather than forking out more money for tests.
Good luck to anyone else navigating the minefield of travel at the moment!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@lcoutts, thankyou for sharing, glad it went well now go and enjoy the snow snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@lcoutts, the only time I've been stopped at the French border recently was on a Saturday night when they were breathalyzing every driver coming through in both directions. I'd only had a glass of wine so I knew I was OK but having never been tested in my 30+ years driving I still felt fairly nervous!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
May have been answered somewhere but does anyone know if you need to do the Swiss PLF for returning to the UK from France via GVA?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't believe so, although wait for someone with experience to chime in. For now, I'm planning not to - as I have all the bookings & photos to prove I was in the Rhone-Alpes
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret wrote:
May have been answered somewhere but does anyone know if you need to do the Swiss PLF for returning to the UK from France via GVA?

Yes you do if you were in the U.K. within 10 days but I’ve not seen anyone checked.

It isn’t checked at the airport.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bezthespaniard, thanks I have been in France over 10 days so I recon good to go
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret wrote:

I didn't on Saturday, as was traveling from a "border region" and the regs show you don't need to complete it:
https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#-974201360
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Again apologies if already answered. Is there any issues with leaving France to pick up arrivals from Geneva airport and then coming straight back? Would I need a test for either way? I drove over to France on the euro tunnel a couple of days ago.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ Ghanny - Cross border commuters are exempt
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just a 'bump' to bring this thread back to the First page
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy