Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Importing ski kit from USA? Any good handling agents?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Slightly speculative, I'm looking for Mrs U's xmas and there's a jacket that I know she likes and it fits, but the brand (Mountain Hardwear) have sort of pulled out of pan-Europe for the time being.

So I can only get the colour she'd like from the US. (It's this years range and seems not to have reached any of their extant European disties).

Amazon will fulfil, but are looking at 40% of cost for import duties (into the UK).

MH will ship anywhere in US, but I'd need an intermediary to receive and forward (obvs paying whatever shipping and duty is due). This may be cheaper?

Any ideas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are commercial "re-shipping" services in the US who will do what you need.
Google will assist.
You order your stuff to ship to them, and they'll re-ship to another out-of-country address of your choice.

They will even remove the tags for you, if for people with less obvious intent, perhaps.
My Aussie boarding mates use those services. If you can't find them then PM me, and I'll ask them for the links.

You probably know, but one thing to do is always get stuff shipped "out of state", which saves you local state taxes etc.
Of course you can also get it shipped to a ski resort of your choosing in a third country.

I've got long suffering snowboarding buddies in the US and I visit North America now and then,
hence I don't use this stuff myself.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, I’ve used MyUS in the past for this sort of thing. Happy with their service. Their handling centre is in a tax-free corner of FL so losing us sales tax helps sweeten the pill of uk import tax and duties as well as courier fee.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, if it was me I'd be tapping up abc for favour and ship it to her and she can forward it to the UK. I'm sure Masque would do it but he's always on the road. Unfortunately I've not long had a wax shipment from from the US otherwise it could've come with that. USPS will be 7-10 wkg days (delivered in the UK by Parcelforce) or FedEx/UPS will get it here in 3 wkg days but at a few more $. And for FedEx/UPS you can book/pay the shipping from here providing the sender gives you the parcel dims/weight.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@philwig, @Inboard, @spyderjon, Thanks folks, that's very helpful Happy and I hadn't thought about "out of state" purchasing Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@under a new name, when do you need it for? I've been off radar for most of this year but I've now more time to devote to better things so may be able to assist. Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy