Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good Black Friday Deals?.....

Poster: A snowHead
I'll start....

Just bought half price Portes du Soleil lift passes for January. €151 rather than €295 for 6 days.

https://www.ski-morzine.com/?fbclid=IwAR0BbRLud9Ng-BR_B9yWjSN6PJDUXxGc-fhJJbvExIdy96bMg41lD1sSjBU
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow safe has £100 off the scott alpride e1 avalanche backpacks, which don’t often seem to get discounted.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Glisshop has 25% off already reduced prices.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arc'teryx has 20% off.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice sweaters from Dale of Norway, 30% off all. Still relatively expensive, but great value.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just pulled the trigger on these

https://www.snowcountry.eu/2-x-bca-link-eu-version-communicate-with-a-friend-party-pack.html
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Weathercam, fair play but €180 is still a lot to eavesdrop on what Gunter wants on his currywurst
onions and mustard
for lunch Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Richard_Sideways, tell you what the stress I can suffer when skiing with my OH in the forest in powder, even though she is a good skier can be huge, if a ski comes off I could be hanging around a while, and often phones don't work, or if switched off takes a while to get it out of the pack, turn it on etc and then sometimes she or I might take a different line, or I might need to shout don't take my line as it's too gnarly, or shout "STOP" where you are and wait.

For sure a bit OTT if just on hols and skiing piste but for us as we tend to venture further afield frequently throughout the season, they're far better than my 30yr old Motorolas, plus @KenX, can tap into the same channels.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I put this in the bargain thread the other day, but worth pointing out here, especially with car hire prices as they are currently:-

Alps2Alps Transfers have a 10% off Black Friday code until 29/11/2021 BLACK10 - they seem to come in much cheaper than others too - just booked a private return GVA to Val D'Isere (midweek both ends so cheaper) for £358 which I think is pretty good (cheaper than hire car at the moment!)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
Nice sweaters from Dale of Norway, 30% off all. Still relatively expensive, but great value.
If you want excellent value Norwegian (or Icelandic) sweaters check out IceWear - I've got one of these windblock & it's brilliant>>>>

ordering was a breeze & their returns policy looks good (though I didn't need it)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Columbia has 30% and in-store if you spend over £300 it goes to 40% - this also includes Sorel footwear
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Weathercam, a little bit off topic as it’s not to do with Black Friday. We tested out some Bluetooth headsets for a company just before COVID struck (originally designed for motorbikes, but they wanted to see if there was a big enough market for skiing). They were excellent and really good fun for us. The main reason we were part of the test is that we were accompanying a group who were on a training camp. They were tested by the coach and skiers, but most importantly used by the visually impaired skiers and their guides. You could connect 1:1 or 1:many and change between the two.

Definitely an interesting option.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@hammerite, Me and the VI skier I guide use these and they work really well, recharge with a micro usb every evening

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sena-SNOWTALK-10M-Bluetooth-Intercom-Headset/dp/B016OG59OK/ref=dp_prsubs_2?pd_rd_i=B017M3YVXY&psc=1&tag=amz07b-21
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Zorrac, I can’t remember the brand we tested. They were very good though. The rep came to our hotel at the end of the week to get our feedback.

The VI world isn’t huge. It’s probable we have acquaintances - although I was just a hanger on at various training camps really!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@hammerite, @Zorrac, most of the local kitesurfing instructors I know use them, always surprised more ski instructors don't?

What is their range though ?
snow conditions
@Weathercam, about 10 to 15 meters then it starts to break up
latest report
@Weathercam, the range on the ones we were using was quite a bit more than 15m.

I’ll try and find out the details.
ski holidays
Keller sport have the Barryvox for £209....
https://www.keller-sports.co.uk/search/?q=barryvox
snow conditions
Hi Hamilton - this would likely attract UK VAT and import duty, from my understanding.
latest report
Mmmmm even 200m would not be enough, especially when the OH goes the wrong way Laughing

Last night picked up some Xenic bindings and brakes for £263 that's nigh on the trade price back in the UK!

https://www.approach-outdoor.com/materiel-de-ski-de-randonnee/fixation-ski-de-randonnee/
snow conditions
@Weathercam, found the Bluetooth things we used. Has a range of 1,000m

https://www.cardosystems.com/shop/packtalk-bold/
ski holidays
@hammerite, interestingly I'm going up the hill later this morning with the BCA link whilst the OH stays in the apartment as the weather is grim, and I'll be testing the BCA with her in the apartment as we'll be in the line of sight and see what the range is.

But 1km for Bluetooth is quite impressive, must be the setup my kitesurfing instructor mates use?

Though is way more expensive than BCA link (€599 for two), but I presume the functionality of that over the BCA link is that you can probably both talk at the same time without having to resort to radio protocol, copy ? Laughing
latest report
We had three of us on the same channel chatting away as we skied. It was quite good fun. Too much money just for a laugh, but useful for the VI skiers, guides and their coach - and anyone else with a serious application.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy