Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pass sanitaire for ski lifts in France

Poster: A snowHead
u@boredsurfin, doesn't work either then does it! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
First time poster, I would appreciate some information. Going for a week to Les 2 Alpes, already bought the ski pass, reserved the accomodation, etc... I planned to do antigen tests everyday for PS since I have 2 Szputnyiks, as in early 2021 my country only had these types of vaccine. "Fortunately" the EU still didn't accept it, so I don't have a valid health pass. This new regulation- that PS can only be achieved by EU accepted vaccination- really makes things bad for me, as I can't use any skilifts even by testing every day. I already took a Janssen but it is only valid after 28 days, so it doesn't count. My question is about secqurity. If I have a generous friend's valid PS, is there a way to go around the checks with it? Do they require id or something along with the PS or they just beep it with an application and check if the given qr code is valid? Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does anyone actually check your ID with your Pass Sanitaire? Don’t want my teenagers taking their passport skiing to prove their ID!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
unlucky_beleth wrote:
First time poster, I would appreciate some information. Going for a week to Les 2 Alpes, already bought the ski pass, reserved the accomodation, etc... I planned to do antigen tests everyday for PS since I have 2 Szputnyiks, as in early 2021 my country only had these types of vaccine. "Fortunately" the EU still didn't accept it, so I don't have a valid health pass. This new regulation- that PS can only be achieved by EU accepted vaccination- really makes things bad for me, as I can't use any skilifts even by testing every day. I already took a Janssen but it is only valid after 28 days, so it doesn't count. My question is about secqurity. If I have a generous friend's valid PS, is there a way to go around the checks with it? Do they require id or something along with the PS or they just beep it with an application and check if the given qr code is valid? Thanks in advance!

In Tignes before Xmas my COVID pass was generally just scanned. However, in one restaurant on the first day the Gendarme came through checking COVID passes and they wanted to see matching ID.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They simply scanned mine. But wouldn’t want to risk it.
Also for teenagers. Take a pic of their passport and laminate. Tbh I didn’t carry mine or any ID.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
In La Plagne today COVID Pass was scanned at two chairlifts. Is scanned at all bars/restaurants. No form of ID requested. I carry laminated NHS COVID pass and works fine and saves getting phone out.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In La Plagne today COVID Pass was scanned at two chairlifts. Is scanned at all bars/restaurants. No form of ID requested. I carry laminated NHS COVID pass and works fine and saves getting phone out.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looking at the recent posts, is there any reason to have the Pass Sanitaire app in France over and above the NHS App? Les Angles in the Pyrenees says 'Pass Sanitare Obligatoire' on its website but would it scan the NHS App QR in the same way?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dr. Will wrote:
Looking at the recent posts, is there any reason to have the Pass Sanitaire app in France over and above the NHS App? Les Angles in the Pyrenees says 'Pass Sanitare Obligatoire' on its website but would it scan the NHS App QR in the same way?

The QR code in the NHS app can be scanned fine, but the disadvantage of relying on the NHS app is that it only works when you've got data. Saving a copy of the pdf out of the app should work, though.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm at the 3 Valleys and whilst restaurants checked and scanned the app, I wasn't checked at the lifts, only for the face mask
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The QR code is identical whether it’s in the NHS COVID App or after you’ve scanned it into the TousAntiCovid app. Either will do but having a downloaded pdf copy or a screenshot in Photos works fine and doesn’t require data/signal. A printed laminated copy is even easier to get out of your pocket. Someone suggested sticking it to your helmet!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hamlet wrote:
The QR code is identical whether it’s in the NHS COVID App or after you’ve scanned it into the TousAntiCovid app. Either will do but having a downloaded pdf copy or a screenshot in Photos works fine and doesn’t require data/signal. A printed laminated copy is even easier to get out of your pocket. Someone suggested sticking it to your helmet!

Cheers that's good to year, I think on the iPhone I can import it into the Apple Wallet to use offline which would be helpful as a failsafe too.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just arrived back from Les 2 Alpes. The security was really light, they only asked for PS at skilifts once, and they didn't ask for any id. The restaurants might ask for a PS but they don't check id neither. I was doing 6 days of ski with a friends PS and had 0 troubles.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Dr. Will wrote:

The QR code in the NHS app can be scanned fine, but the disadvantage of relying on the NHS app is that it only works when you've got data.

You don't need data if you screenshot the NHS QR code. wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So far this season only had PS checked once on lifts, right at the start of the season.
Not been checked since around December 6th.
I know the thread is about FRANCE and LIFTS, but FWIW the Swiss lifties didn't check either.
ski holidays
Just back from 2 weeks in the 3 Valleys. QR code and ID checked when picking up prepaid ski-pass. QR code only checked 5 times during 11 days on the slopes and in 8 out of 10 restaurants, including outside seating. Face masks enforced by some lifties, more often in queues for goldolas than chairs. Mask adherence was pretty good in goldolas, less so on chairs. I had no issues with any of the restrictions, we were all triple jagged and just delighted to have been back on the slopes again.
ski holidays
muzscot wrote:
Just back from 2 weeks in the 3 Valleys. QR code and ID checked when picking up prepaid ski-pass. QR code only checked 5 times during 11 days on the slopes and in 8 out of 10 restaurants, including outside seating. Face masks enforced by some lifties, more often in queues for goldolas than chairs. Mask adherence was pretty good in goldolas, less so on chairs. I had no issues with any of the restrictions, we were all triple jagged and just delighted to have been back on the slopes again.

Our experience was similar. Is all a bit random so I guess be a boy scout and be prepared!
ski holidays
In France you need some kind of authority to be allowed to check IDs - contrary to, say, Switzerland where your ID is checked alongside your health pass when going to the library. So restaurants, bars, lifts - none will check.

That leads to idiots using shared (but valid) vaccine passes though...

Last weekend my phone died and I panicked at the idea of not enjoying a pint after a good day on the slopes. I negotiated my way, but lesson learnt, I'll print the damn QR.
snow conditions
patrick! wrote:

Last weekend my phone died and I panicked at the idea of not enjoying a pint after a good day on the slopes. I negotiated my way, but lesson learnt, I'll print the damn QR.

Happened to me too, in a restaurant when I forgot my phone. But wifey and I made a 'ski 22' WA group, and all the docs were copied to it, inc our TAC booster QRs. Saved me a mile walk round trip to get my phone.
ski holidays
Which NHS pass are people showing or getting scanned? Is the 3rd vaccine QR code or the UK QR code ?
I ve just installed that Tous… app, but I fear it might be a repeat of the nhs Covid app where you can get pinged from someone being in the next door appartment
ski holidays
Tommyw wrote:
Which NHS pass are people showing or getting scanned? Is the 3rd vaccine QR code or the UK QR code ?
I ve just installed that Tous… app, but I fear it might be a repeat of the nhs Covid app where you can get pinged from someone being in the next door appartment

TAC VERIF is no longer validating my NHS second dose qr code but is fine with my NHS booster qr code. I.e. present your booster NHS qr code…
On the Tous app you can deactivate your proximity alert.
ski holidays
Brilliant- thankyou
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy