Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pass sanitaire for ski lifts in France

Poster: A snowHead
@bezthespaniard, establishments in Chatel were only accepting the TAC app in the summer or at least everyone had an app and there was no need for paper.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone had a real world example of how it’s checked on the lifts please?

Do they scan you or just peek at your phone or print out?

What exactly happens?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bezthespaniard, not open here yet, but can't believe not scanning, stated will be on lift pass purchase at resto bar entries and randomly.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
In Val Thorens over last 2 days I haven't seen any pass sanitaire checks. Skied to Courchevel today (very quiet). Getting the Verdons bubble there were some ski patrol loitering, one had a pass sanitaire armband and they looked like they were getting ready to check but didn't see it happening.

We were asked for it in the cafe at lunch though. We used the TAC app and they scanned it.

Most folks are using buffs or similar in the lifts, fairly good compliance but little checking.

Biggest risk seemed the large crowd (several hundred) at La Folie Douce, but at least it's outside.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For smaller resorts the new rules say the Maire and police are responsible for spot checks, not the ski area!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
They were indeed checking PS at the base of the Verdons bubble today.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@kditrj2d, What time was that? La Croisette was almost empty when we first arrived at 11.30 ish. It may have been police not ski patrol getting ready when we left around 1pm.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kditrj2d wrote:
They were indeed checking PS at the base of the Verdons bubble today.

Scanning people or just looking at papers?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For any Scots with 12-15 year olds, Scotland's vaccine website has been updated suggesting 12-15 year olds can go to certain drop-in clinics for their second vaccination without an appointment. However it can't be given until at least 12 weeks after their first vaccination.
Note that appointments cannot be made via the usual website vacs.nhs.scot, but as long as you get your teenager's log in details (I got mine at the vaccination centre) you can then obtain their vaccine certificate with QR codes for each of their first and second jabs - valid 7 days later for Pass Sanitaire Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A short time after you. We had just had a coffee in the adjacent bar. They were scanning passes on people’s phones by the look of things.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Halitosis wrote:
For any Scots with 12-15 year olds, Scotland's vaccine website has been updated suggesting 12-15 year olds can go to certain drop-in clinics for their second vaccination without an appointment. However it can't be given until at least 12 weeks after their first vaccination.
Note that appointments cannot be made via the usual website vacs.nhs.scot, but as long as you get your teenager's log in details (I got mine at the vaccination centre) you can then obtain their vaccine certificate with QR codes for each of their first and second jabs - valid 7 days later for Pass Sanitaire Smile

Do you have a link? NHS Inform still saying 12-15 more info coming and not currently available at our local drop-in.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In case this hasn't been noticed by anyone else yet, you can now save your NHS covid certificate to Google Pay and save it as a shortcut on home screen.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@RichieC43, apologies for slow response. I've only checked my local health board but it's clearly stated on this page: https://www.nhslothian.scot/Coronavirus/Vaccine/Pages/Drop-in-Clinics.aspx
We can take a 12+ year old to the Royal Highland (EDI airport) or Pyramids (Livingston) drop in centres. Not able to make appointments, and not sure how other regions are dealing with it
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There have been some random checks at the bottom of lifts this week in Tignes. If you print and laminate the required QR code, that works fine and avoids faffing with phones.

Almost all restaurants and bars have checked Covid passes. We've also been checked once by the gendarme, who wanted to see matching ID.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The PS was being scanned in Avoriaz at a couple of Entry points, but not all.
It was scanned at Zorre lift (so if you drove up or came from SM) but it was not scanned at the Chapelle board park lift, so if you drove up, and entered the system there, unless you went to Zorre or all the way to Prodains, you would not get scanned.
Ardent gondola was open, but no scanning because it was not an entry point as the Ardent road was closed yesterday.
Only one liftie asked somebody to cover their face, most didn't seem to care if you had a face covering or not, and absolutely nobody was bothered if your buff was UNS-1 / ANFOR / FPP rated.
snow report
Oh, I forgot to add that if you had the Moderna jab, then you do not need to get out your phone for them to scan, as the Microsoft application the lifties use to verify your PS communicates directly with the nano-bot that Bill Gates put in the vaccine. Smile
latest report
Skied for 2 days so far in Les Arcs. I’ve not had my PS checked yet, nor have I seen anyone being checked.

Face masks on chairlifts being worn by maybe 50% of adults, and much more than that in the three gondola rides I had yesterday. Lift staff not requiring masks to be worn, with one exception for me yesterday (ironically, when I was about to be the only person getting on to a 6-pack chairlift).
snow report
Halitosis wrote:
@RichieC43, apologies for slow response. I've only checked my local health board but it's clearly stated on this page: https://www.nhslothian.scot/Coronavirus/Vaccine/Pages/Drop-in-Clinics.aspx
We can take a 12+ year old to the Royal Highland (EDI airport) or Pyramids (Livingston) drop in centres. Not able to make appointments, and not sure how other regions are dealing with it

No problem, thanks for the update - I think a trip to Ingliston is on the cards
ski holidays
@RichieC43, we were at Ingliston on Friday afternoon. Two adults with appointment (at 1530) for booster. Be prepared for a long queue!

Despite our appointment, when we arrived we were warned of up to 90 minute waiting time. In fact, it was just over 2 hours by the time we were jagged, and then of course another 15 minutes wait to check no immediate side effects.

They seemed to have a slightly faster-track option for parents turning up with kids - we saw a few - but I suspect they still had to wait at least an hour.

Of course things could be different this week! Either even busier/ longer queues, or better staffed (there were only I think 3-4 folk actually doing the jags). Good luck.
snow report
@Inboard, thanks for the info - fingers crossed we hit it at a quieter time and they'll accept the out-of-towners
latest report
We skied for the first time in Ste Foy this morning. Our PS had been scanned when we picked up the insurance to attach to lift passes. Not asked for it on any of the lifts this morning but the lifties were being pretty vigilant about asking people to pull their buffs up or put masks on and nearly all were wearing them themselves. PS not asked for when we had coffee but when we returned to the same place later for lunch one of the waiters appeared to have the specific task of going to each set of new arrivals and checking PS.

No problem showing it or being masked on the lifts. But my new buff obtained from Les Arcs will only work on chillier days when I have it over my head under my helmet as it is rather large and just kept falling down.
latest report
Update from the Grand Massif - They are checking everyone over the age of 12 for a valid PS at main uplifts (in Flaine anyway).

Not heard how that's affecting morning uplift but I guess you don't need to validate your ticket each day at the office.

Given the reliance on an app - multiple fully charged phones and warm pockets will be the order of the day, a flat battery is going to be a nightmare
latest report
9 days in Tignes - ps checked twice now, both on same day at bottom bubble - i.e. an enclosed lift.
Not checked on funival or motte funiculaire.
Ps checked regularly (80%) at bars and restos.
snow conditions
@RichieC43, the bookings we have for next week said they could do a printout so will be asking for that as a back up.
ski holidays
Layne wrote:
@RichieC43, the bookings we have for next week said they could do a printout so will be asking for that as a back up.

Yep - definitely.
snow report
RichieC43 wrote:
Update from the Grand Massif - They are checking everyone over the age of 12 for a valid PS at main uplifts (in Flaine anyway).

Not heard how that's affecting morning uplift but I guess you don't need to validate your ticket each day at the office.

Given the reliance on an app - multiple fully charged phones and warm pockets will be the order of the day, a flat battery is going to be a nightmare

Just came back from Madonna di Campiglio (Italy) last Friday, and they have implemented the same system.
snow report
@RichieC43, I’m in Flaine too, I carry a few paper copies which work well on the lifts and in restaurants etc
ski holidays
On the rocks wrote:
@RichieC43, I’m in Flaine too, I carry a few paper copies which work well on the lifts and in restaurants etc

I had a laminated copy of the relevant QR code last week in Tignes. It worked really well, and the restaurants and lifties seemed to appreciate the lack of faffing with a phone.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Definitely seems like the way forward

@On the rocks, have you noticed how the pharmacy is coping? With a bit of luck we shouldn't need daily tests by the time we get there but I gather it's 140 tests per day max
latest report
@RichieC43, Flaine is very quiet this week as most of the GM doesn’t open until next weekend so hard to tell
snow report
We have been asked for the health pass on the lifts in the 3V just twice in two days. We have printed ones inserted in an ID holder that is elasticated on your arm. Saved a lot of faff. The holders were £1.30 on e bay.
snow conditions
Duster wrote:
We have been asked for the health pass on the lifts in the 3V just twice in two days. We have printed ones inserted in an ID holder that is elasticated on your arm. Saved a lot of faff. The holders were £1.30 on e bay.

I've opted for this system too so I'm glad to hear it is working for you. I just hope I'm going to be able to try it out myself in Jan and not be put in lockdown.
snow report
Hello snowHead does anyone know how to go about getting vaccination details from a NHS Proof of Vaccination letter onto TAC if NHS QR codes are unavailable? The app has disabled friend’s QR codes as they tested positive c. 10 days ago and the NHS cannot tell them when QR codes will reappear even after having already submitted negative tests to the app. NHS provided the POV letter as an interim measure.
snow conditions
I've just read through the .gov website for travel into France, we flying via Geneva. All the text relates to children over 12, my question is do children under 12 need a negative test to enter France or do they not?
ski holidays
@scoman, yes they do
snow report
Thanks @Layne, could you point me to where this is stated please as I can't find myself?
ski holidays
@Layne, I’ve read otherwise that children under 12 are exempt from testing, hidden in the small print of the French govt covid info site. It’s so confusing.

Adding link:
https://mobile.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel
latest report
I have just managed to get through to the pharmacy in La Plagne and they told me they could issue the health pass for everyone except the British, because of Brexit? Thought I'd found a pharmacy earlier that was doing health passes down the valley but they have been told from above to stop.
ski holidays
@scoman, @Ozboy, apologies I misread the post. Yes, under 12's no test. Head hurts Very Happy
snow conditions
WishIWasFitter wrote:
I have just managed to get through to the pharmacy in La Plagne and they told me they could issue the health pass for everyone except the British, because of Brexit? Thought I'd found a pharmacy earlier that was doing health passes down the valley but they have been told from above to stop.

Living here I can confirm they said the same to me today. However the pharmacy in bourg will. Sounds like a poor excuse for a very busy pharmacy that dosnt want to do them
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy