Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pass sanitaire for ski lifts in France

Poster: A snowHead
under a new name wrote:

@thierryd, even if you had dose2 on Dec 1? Doesn't sound terribly sensible.

Yes as adults in France had enought time to get their 2nd dose before december
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@under a new name, that's where my confusion was coming from. Doesn't seem very clear yet.

I'm double checking his date, but I'm fairly sure he was jabbed some time after my wife, and my wife will be eligible for the booster some time mid Jan, so she'll be fine for our Feb trip. But my mate who is going on 20th Jan, and probably eligible for the booster some time in Feb might not be.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is very bad news for us, as we wouldn't want our single vaxxed teenagers to do a PCR or antigen test every day to go on the ski lift. I presume the pass sanitaire will soon be needed for the ski lifts as well.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@thierryd, "had time to" and "did" are not the same thing.

https://www.ledauphine.com/sante/2021/11/25/rappel-de-vaccin-pour-tous-tests-pcr-pass-sanitaire-les-six-annonces-d-olivier-veran

"2. Le délai entre deux injections réduit à cinq mois

La généralisation de la dose de rappel va se faire avec un aménagement des délais : il ne sera plus nécessaire d'attendre six mois après la deuxième injection, mais cinq mois seulement, comme l'ont déjà décidé Israël, Italie et Singapour.

En conséquence, le 27 novembre, ceux qui ont eu leur deuxième dose avant le 27 juin peuvent obtenir leur dose de rappel."

3. Le pass sanitaire valable sept mois après la deuxième dose

Pour faire coïncider le rappel du vaccin et le délai entre deux doses, la validité du pass sanitaire va être revue : à l'avenir, il sera désactivé sept mois après la deuxième dose, rendant de fait obligatoire une troisième dose pour le conserver. Le 15 décembre, "la dose de rappel est intégrée au pass sanitaire pour les 65 ans et plus qui ont fait leur dernière injection il y a plus de 7 mois". Cela sera ensuite le cas à partir du 15 janvier pour tous les plus de 18 ans. Ainsi, au 15 janvier, le pass sanitaire sera désactivé pour ceux qui ont reçu leur deuxième dose avant le 15 juin.

Dans l'application TousAntiCovid, une nouvelle fonctionnalité alertera les utilisateurs sur le fait que leur pass sanitaire est proche de l'expiration faute de troisième dose.

In other words, if your 2nd dose is older than June 15, it expires Jan 15.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Timmycb5, so you should check just when your mate had his 2nd dose, before or after 7 months from your trip.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:

Agreed but if we are waiting that everyone is doing it when they think is the best time to do it, then we are putting a lot of people into danger.... This is why deadlines exist...

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 25-11-21 14:23; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Motherofthree, It's such a shame that the uk gov is so puerile in refusing to agree with the EU on anything, no matter what the science says.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gazzza wrote:
The update here : https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-sanitaire
(using googles auto translate)
...suggests everyone 18-65 MUST have third jab from 15 Jan

Quote:
POINT POSITION
The validity of the "health pass" will be conditioned on the booster dose from December 15 for adults 65 years and over.
The validity of the "health pass" will be conditioned on the booster dose from January 15 for adults aged 18-65.
The validity of RT-PCR and antigen tests for the "sanitary pass" is reduced to 24 hours from November 29.

Actually, what it's saying is that as of 15 Jan, the PS takes your 3rd jab into account, (without saying, along with when you had your 2nd jab).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
@Timmycb5, so you should check just when your mate had his 2nd dose, before or after 7 months from your trip.

Cheers. Though I suppose that makes it less of an issue, as if it was anything more than 6 months, he could get his booster anyway. I have a feeling he will be around the 5 month mark, but if that is still ok, then it's all gravy.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:
no announcement yet I don't think but it's inevitable in next few days.

Surely Olivier Véran's press conference today would have been the time to announce it?

I know it's likely a forlorn hope, but it still doesn't mention 'ski' anywhere in here: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-sanitaire
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name wrote:

https://www.ledauphine.com/sante/2021/11/25/rappel-de-vaccin-pour-tous-tests-pcr-pass-sanitaire-les-six-annonces-d-olivier-veran

"2. Le délai entre deux injections réduit à cinq mois

La généralisation de la dose de rappel va se faire avec un aménagement des délais : il ne sera plus nécessaire d'attendre six mois après la deuxième injection, mais cinq mois seulement, comme l'ont déjà décidé Israël, Italie et Singapour.

En conséquence, le 27 novembre, ceux qui ont eu leur deuxième dose avant le 27 juin peuvent obtenir leur dose de rappel."

3. Le pass sanitaire valable sept mois après la deuxième dose

Pour faire coïncider le rappel du vaccin et le délai entre deux doses, la validité du pass sanitaire va être revue : à l'avenir, il sera désactivé sept mois après la deuxième dose, rendant de fait obligatoire une troisième dose pour le conserver. Le 15 décembre, "la dose de rappel est intégrée au pass sanitaire pour les 65 ans et plus qui ont fait leur dernière injection il y a plus de 7 mois". Cela sera ensuite le cas à partir du 15 janvier pour tous les plus de 18 ans. Ainsi, au 15 janvier, le pass sanitaire sera désactivé pour ceux qui ont reçu leur deuxième dose avant le 15 juin.

Dans l'application TousAntiCovid, une nouvelle fonctionnalité alertera les utilisateurs sur le fait que leur pass sanitaire est proche de l'expiration faute de troisième dose.

In other words, if your 2nd dose is older than June 15, it expires Jan 15.

Excellent. That clears it up perfectly.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Should we be reading anything into the 15th January deadline applying to “all French people”? Puzzled
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Actually they have just changed/updated again that link I just posted. https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-sanitaire

It now says (google translated):
Quote:
POINT POSITION
As of December 15, the health pass for people over 65 will no longer be active if the reminder has not been made within 7 months of the last injection or the last infection . As of January 15, this rule will be extended to all French people over the age of 18. The TousAntiCovid application will inform you sufficiently in advance of the end of the validity of your pass so that you can make the necessary arrangements.
The validity of RT-PCR and antigen tests for the "sanitary pass" is reduced to 24 hours from November 29.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 25-11-21 14:36; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
motyl wrote:
Should we be reading anything into the 15th January deadline applying to “all French people”? Puzzled

I wondered that. Could be good or bad depending on which way you want to interpret it!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well i hope Zurich jabs me in early Jan otherwise my PS deactivates on the 15th!
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
@Motherofthree, It's such a shame that the uk gov is so puerile in refusing to agree with the EU on anything, no matter what the science says.

To be fair, on vaccinating teenagers the govt has been guided by the scientists. If anything they have been pushing the advisors to recommend double vaccinating MORE teenagers. There is a difference of opinion between the scientists in UK and the ones in France
latest report
@jedster, and US, Switzerland, Italy,Germany, Ireland,Spain….
snow report
am I correct in thinking you cant buy a second Jab for your teen in the UK?
latest report
@Jonny996, I don't think anyone can buy a jab in the UK, regardless of age.
snow conditions
HilbertSpace wrote:
under a new name wrote:
no announcement yet I don't think but it's inevitable in next few days.

Surely Olivier Véran's press conference today would have been the time to announce it?

I know it's likely a forlorn hope, but it still doesn't mention 'ski' anywhere in here: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-sanitaire

193 today, up from ~75 2 weeks ago, so yes, pretty much a slam dunk in the next week or so, that said it could always come down again by the ski season, although the gouvernement are suggesting a peak of early December so we'll have to suck it and see.........
ski holidays
Don't think so.

I emailed my Gp earlier to find out if spending time with grandparents counted as living with someone that is vulnerable. I have asked if I can get the vaccine outside the NHS as well.

Trying all options just in case something works
ski holidays
Same here in France, my wife has COPD, so was entitled to an early jab as classed as vulnerable, when I asked to get mine early too, was told non, makes no sense.......
ski holidays
These new rules not only affect the UK. Many EU Countries haven't started the boosters for the most vulnerable yet, let alone the over 65's or 18's.

Only a handful are giving the vaccine to 12-16's, and I think only France has announced a second jab for this group. What time delay are they using between the jabs?

Hard to see how even the French can hit this target, especially if you deduct the 14 days post jab wait for validity.

It's bound to impact on their tourism if families don't book.
snow conditions
By end Sept 52% of French teens were doubled jabbed, so would have thought by February holidays most of them will be covered.
ski holidays
Jonny996 wrote:
am I correct in thinking you cant buy a second Jab for your teen in the UK?

Correct.

I did have an email from Compagnie de Mont Blanc, reminding me of the vaccination options. It stated that foreigners could get vaccinated at the centre in Passy, and that they would receive a French health pass if they did so. It's made me wonder about getting my eldest done out there - not (unlike everyone else it seems!) because of skiing convenience, but because it has clear health benefits obvious to almost anyone not on the JCVI. However, the logistics of proving the first vaccine remain problematic, so the French system would see the second one as the first...
snow conditions
@snowdave, if you did get it done in France, it would then not be recognised by the NHS App.
ski holidays
The reality here is that French resorts will be catering to fully vaccinated/recovered French families only this season. Surely English families with kids 12+ wouldn't entertain paying for children's tests every 24 hours - what a hassle. Didn't consider they'd go this far - I've got until 14 Jan to cancel and can get my deposit back (always DIY trip) and I never thought that might become a reality.
snow report
We’re thinking of doing it… two families, 2 teens who will need testing. We’re staying centrally in. A big resort town, will factor it in every afternoon after skiing. A massive hassle but everyone will be devastated if they miss another holiday. Ask me again tomorrow but for now we’re going to put up with it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+1
snow conditions
Quote:

We’re thinking of doing it… two families, 2 teens who will need testing. We’re staying centrally in. A big resort town, will factor it in every afternoon after skiing. A massive hassle but everyone will be devastated if they miss another holiday. Ask me again tomorrow but for now we’re going to put up with it.

I know what you mean. Thing is we've got 2 kids so we're talking an extra 240 Euros at an already expensive time of the year (Feb half term). We've missed the last 2 years because of Covid so I've become a little hardened to having the trip snatched away. The only other thing up my sleeve would be to go at Easter when you'd hope numbers might be lower and a trip can be booked last minute-ish.
ski holidays
We’re going to do it. 2 teenagers over Xmas. Will be €350 extra but I’ve already paid over £3k for the holiday…
snow report
@Kettonskimum1971, for those of us that are stuck to half term and spending £5k plus, an extra couple of hundred quid isn't really going to make the overall cost of the holiday much more.
snow conditions
jedster wrote:
under a new name wrote:

To be fair, on vaccinating teenagers the govt has been guided by the scientists. If anything they have been pushing the advisors to recommend double vaccinating MORE teenagers. There is a difference of opinion between the scientists in UK and the ones in France

While that's true (to the extent you can trust anything the uk gov says) - if they were properly engaged with Europe and the PS structure, they could maybe. perhaps have negotiated a derogation analogous to the French whereby e.g. I had a fully valid EU PS with one jab plus prior infection. Perhaps.

(I don't think that was the condition for PS elsewhere?)
snow conditions
Kettonskimum1971 wrote:
The reality here is that French resorts will be catering to fully vaccinated/recovered French families only this season.

You all have my sympathy. I would note that I am fully expecting a town full of Europeans (or, at least, those that can leave their own countries).
ski holidays
@jedster, Not just scientists in the UK and France. Our scientists seem to have a different view to their peers in pretty much the rest of the western world.
snow report
motyl wrote:
& @brianatab, very good question, I'm not sure FR can unilaterally impose restrictions on other EU states? A valid EU PS is presumably still valid?
snow conditions
@snowhound, agree.

A quick browse of Twitter will also quickly reveal there are many of our own UK-based scientists who disagree with their peers on the JCVI (and their methodology, reasoning and the studies they chose to cite to come to this advice)....
ski holidays
Will very interested to see how rigorously this will/can be enforced. Daily unlocking of lift passes if you need to test? Physical checks for everyone at the bottom lifts? Random checks?
latest report
It`s interesting to hear that some families with teenagers 12-15 are still planning to go to France at Christmas/NY at the moment. Do you know if an antigen test every 24 hours will be enough, or will it need to be a PCR every 24 hours? How much approximately will the tests cost in the ski resorts? (Alpe d`Huez specifically). We will only get a partial refund if we cancel, so we also really want to go, but it would be disheartening and risky for our teenagers to do a test every day just to be able to use the ski lifts. What if they test positive one day? I know it has not yet been confirmed if the PS will be required to use the ski lifts, but I believe that will be the case due to the rapidly rising Covid numbers in France at the moment.
ski holidays
Yes, I too have thought about the implications of testing positive if doing daily testing - or a false positive! Thing is, doing a daily test sounds easy enough but I would imagine everyone who wants to do one will be aiming at first thing or last thing in the day - there's no way the system can cater for that so, in peak half term, you might have to plan your day around the timing of a test. Nightmare. Tests will definitely have to be booked in advance from what I've read, you don't just rock up when you want. How this is all going to managed and checked is beyond me.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy