Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Auris & Villard Reculas 21/22

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not long till official season opening on the 4th of December.

Fingers crossed the forecast snow arrives from next weekend.

Should be a busy winter ahead after last season. Probably covid passports will be needed to access the lifts. Taking of lifts Marmotte 1 has now changed to a telemixte and the old Marmotte 1 chairs will be used for the Chalvet (really slow lift out of the Sarenne).

They have changed the run down to Huez village, looks like they have made the last part of it easier and added more snow cannons. This lift is still due to be upgraded.

A new medical centre is being built on the Avenue du Rif Nel. Parking is now a serious concern so hopefully the lift up from Bourg will be agreed soon.

Tomorrowland is smaller this winter but already a sell out.

New ticket machines have been installed(not sure for Oz & Vaujany) so no more queuing up at the ski pass office if you have pre ordered your passes. Better webcams have been installed.

Roll on a normal(ish) winter!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 22-11-21 9:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here's a nice report with lots of photo's on the replacement of the old Chalvet chair (from Sarenne gorge) by a TSD6
https://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=36533
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm in two minds if that is a good change. Part of me liked a nice break at the small coffee place before the old lift.... .but then equally having the newer lift earlier is much better from a snowboarding point of view as the track was fairly boring. Wonder if they will move the coffee place as I suspect hardly anyone will go there now
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice to see this thread. Off to Oz in early Feb (everything crossed) so will be checking in regularly Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alpinebear wrote:
A new medical centre is being built on the Avenue du Rif Nel. Parking is now a serious concern so hopefully the lift up from Bourg will be agreed soon.
At the risk of asking a daft question... is the parking concern just for the Medical Centre or for ADH in general? We're intending to go for Feb Half Term, so I assume it will be busy. Deliberately arriving Saturday morning both for transfer day skiing and hopefully to nab a space from people who are leaving.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Onnem wrote:
Here's a nice report with lots of photo's on the replacement of the old Chalvet chair (from Sarenne gorge) by a TSD6
https://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=36533

I always loved that chair - slow, rickety, but very peaceful and always felt like a hangover from a different time.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wibble44 wrote:
Alpinebear wrote:
At the risk of asking a daft question... is the parking concern just for the Medical Centre or for ADH in general? We're intending to go for Feb Half Term, so I assume it will be busy. Deliberately arriving Saturday morning both for transfer day skiing and hopefully to nab a space from people who are leaving.

Parking in general......fingers crossed for a lift up from Bourg.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm thinking about to go from 11 to 18 of December, how is looking in this dates? I know it's hard to predict but ...how was last years? Also seems is going to come a snow storm this days but idk..

Thanks a lot!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Woke up to some lovely white stuff in Bourg which should be lovely in resort.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Was up in resort today.

Road up tricky with out of town drivers desperate not to put chains on!

Loads of snow in resort with the usual mad rush to get everything ready.

Good buzz about town, kids ski club cancelled tomorrow with the big storm due.

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Alpinebear, thanks for the update. Nice to see the snow has arrived.
Fingers crossed that we can travel in two weeks time from the UK.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks like there might be some heavy rain on the lower slopes tomorrow. Hoping that not too much gets washed away
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Finally was snowing and not raining? Also worried about (going in two weeks) but, from webcams, seems with a lot of snow in low slopes.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Happy to report it's one of the best opening days I can remember!

Massive dump of snow yesterday.

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looks amazing. Out of interest, do you know if they have in-resort testing available - Thinking specifically the LTF for the flights back to the UK at the moment?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy