Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot Fitters / fitting in London (South East London).

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I usually buy my boots from Bertrand in Val Thorens but seems the pandemic got him to move so no longer there.

Hence I now need to find a new fitter. Can anyone recommend a TOP boot fitter in Greater London (or South East London).

Thanks and hope you find the deep stuff!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Many will say the gold standard is Solutions 4 Feet in Bicester but thats not a London postcode (now is it!) or even Greater London.

Other than that, people recomend Profeet in Fulham (definitely a London postcode and do you pay for it!), but I didnt have a great customer experience with them , albeit with a pair of running shoes rather than ski boots. Surefoot are also in Fulham.

I go to Ski Bartlett in Uxbridge (nearly in London but cheaper than Profeet/Surefoot).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.theski-shop.co.uk/

I went here recently for boots and would recommend. I found them via a recommendation on here.

Can get the train there and the French cafe about 4 doors was great for lunch!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The train ride to Bicester is worth it. Shell choices for the boots I got at Profeet were good. Footbeds less so. Same for my wife.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Profeet 100%. Excellent service and fitting, been with them for years now after previously using a different fitter recommended here.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another recommendation for Profeet. Nothing but excellent service/experience.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you all! Very much appreciated.

Surefoot is an absolute no for me (know to many people with bad experiences) and unfortunately I tried Profeet (with high hopes) some 15 or so years ago and had a terrible experience both for me and my wife. Unfortunately, when it comes to ski boots you just can't risk it.

I know Ski Bartlett, great shop, I have bought several skis and bindings from them.

I did not know about Solutions 4 Feet, looks and sounds excellent. Might have to make the trek up there.

Thank you all!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you want to try a little further out, then Captains Cabin in Sevenoaks is brilliant. It's our go to shop and myself, partner and close friends have all had boots fitted there. It's a short walk from Sevenoaks station, which is on a quick line out of London Bridge.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm not sure if he's the main fitter but I think the owner/manager of Captains Cabin is away until the beginning of December best to check/book before you make a trip
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bangwizz,

Good to hear you are treating yourself to a new pair of boots — always an essential purchase Eh oh! Eh oh!

I am yet another one who can highly recommend Colin at Solutions4Feet. Totally worth hopping on the train, or driving. He has done wonders for me, and even fixed issues over the phone for friends.

My current boots from him fit like a glove; and have improved my skiing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another vote for Solutions4Feet from me.

Had a fantastic experience getting boots fitted there recently!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Was also going to recommend Profeet as they did the wife's boots but seeing you've nixed them, you could take a look at The Skiers Lounge down in Horsham.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
www.solutions4feet.co.uk but be sure to book as soon as possible as boot supplies are becoming limited due to Covid/Brexit/Lorry drivers etc etc
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not a recommendation, as I've always used and been more than happy with the boots and service I received at Profeet, but for a SE London option you could look at Finches Emporium in Forest Hill.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thank you for the further messages. The Skiers Lounge and Captains Cabin were two i was not aware of and looks great. Finches as well.

I have booked in with Colin at S4F!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy