Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria in Crisis... Lockdown... Ski Season in doubt..

Poster: A snowHead
If A&E has not got enough "on its plate"

Spare a thought for the poor soul who prompted a response from the bomb squad after getting an artillery shell stuck up his bottom.
The anonymous patient, who reportedly collected military memorabilia, “slipped and fell” on a projectile from World War Two.
The girthy shell, which measured an impressive 17cm by 6cm, would have been fired from anti-tank guns during the war.
Fearing the round could detonate, the bomb squad was called to the A&E department of the Gloucestershire Royal Hospital on Wednesday morning.
A Gloucestershire Constabulary spokesperson told Indy100 that they responded to a report that “a patient had presented with a munition in his rectum” at the Gloucestershire hospital.
The police spokesperson added: “The item had been removed prior to police arrival and the Explosive Ordnance Disposal team (EOD) were contacted.
“They attended and confirmed it was not live and therefore not a danger to the public.”
In a statement to Indy100, an Army spokesperson said: “We can confirm an Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal team was called out to Gloucestershire at the request of local police.”
A source told the newspaper that the patient found the shell as he was doing a clear out.
They said: "He said he put it on the floor then he slipped and fell on it — and it went up his a***.
“He was in a considerable amount of pain. I think he collected military memorabilia.”
The patient has since been discharged from the hospital and will make a full recovery.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David B wrote:

They said: "He said he put it on the floor then he slipped and fell on it — and it went up his a***.
“He was in a considerable amount of pain. I think he collected military memorabilia.”
The patient has since been discharged from the hospital and will make a full recovery.

Guess he must now be feeling a bit shell-shocked.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The operating Doctor is all edged to have stated “Exactly howitzer there, is a mystery”….

Taxi!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Surely in that situation they'd need to call in the "bum" squad Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The declaration after live firing that you are clean of ordnance , I have no rockets in my pockets or brass up my ass.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Warning "Fire in the hole ..."
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
7 day Index now down to 581,2 but intensive care bed occupancy still rising. (+ 10).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I visited my local district hospital for an out patients appointment today and was unable to find a car parking place what is very unusual, the hospital was rammed with people, it was like War Zone. God only knows what A&E must have been like, numerous people wandering around with bandaged limps, wheel chairs been rationed out to the very infirm and elderly.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lockdown Austrian-style.....Planai last Saturday

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ptex, can't do anything else, may as well go skiing!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you look at "OMICRON" and add the letters "SETABLLIB" and then remove the letters "NORCIMO", the remaining letters spell "BILL GATES".

Makes you think doesn't it.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@TopGooner, eh? check yr spelling
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Breaking news in the press, they are saying the new Chancellor says lockdown for vaccinated ends.
Quote:

At his first press conference as head of government, the newly sworn Chancellor Karl Nehammer (ÖVP) came up with a long-awaited message on Tuesday: He promised a fixed end to the lockdown on December 12th for those who had been vaccinated, which should also include restaurants and hotels. Security is crucial in the opening steps, so controls and sanctions are crucial. The restrictions on those who have been vaccinated remain in place.
It is no longer a question of whether the lockdown will be ended, but simply how it is done. There is currently a good tendency in the Corona situation, which should become a "trend". When asked, he emphasized that the opening steps for vaccinated people should also include the catering and hotel industry - under which conditions will now be clarified at the federal-state summit on Wednesday.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@holidayloverxx, Bill Cates?
latest report
Dec 7th

Ö1 Morgenjournal

07:02 (Health Minister) Gesundheitsminister Mückstein zu Öffnungen und Lockdown

07:05 (Chamber of Commerce Chief) WKÖ-Präsident Harald Mahrer zu Öffnungsschritten

https://oe1.orf.at/player/20211207/662494/1638856969000

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Respect All Personal Choices ......Locking up 2.5 Millions Austrians is not the Answer...

https://twitter.com/ATschugguel/status/1467489260303536138?

Dont let Europe become a Chinese Internment Camp ........Oh Wait a minute this is Australia Shocked Shocked Shocked

http://youtube.com/v/mGFdWcJU7-0
snow conditions
@Chris_n, Cautiously optimistic then that will be able to visit from 13 December as planned - just the small matter of missing Christmas due to isolation...divorce and excommunication early in 2022!
ski holidays
Lockdown ends on 12 December: Nehammer wants to open trade and gastronomy. The lockdown for vaccinated people ends on 12 December, the new chancellor confirms in his first press conference. - Die Presse
ski holidays
@stanton, there is a very easy (and socially responsible) way to avoid all this, get jabbed! Until then you will not be welcome in Austria or Germany.
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
@TopGooner, eh? check yr spelling

Oops - never was any good at spieling
latest report
munich_irish wrote:
@stanton, there is a very easy (and socially responsible) way to avoid all this, get jabbed! Until then you will not be welcome in Austria or Germany.
they just can't leave it alone can they, perhaps a little mirroring with some useful information to help.

http://youtube.com/v/Rk-hTtWFINU
snow report
TopGooner wrote:
If you look at "OMICRON" and add the letters "SETABLLIB" and then remove the letters "NORCIMO", the remaining letters spell "BILL GATES".

Makes you think doesn't it.

This made me chuckle

Still a long way til February but looks promising!
snow conditions
Tirol, Voralberg and Burgenland come out of lockdown on Sunday, the rest of the ski areas follow suit on 17th, Kärntnen is yet to decide.
Hotels and restaurants will open on the above days, Aprés ski bars remain shut. I don't know what the definition of an Aprés bar is in this context.
ski holidays
@Chris_n, thank you! this is good news, hoping my January trip (not to Niederau!) will go ahead this year
latest report
ptex wrote:
Lockdown Austrian-style.....Planai last Saturday

I took this pic. They are day trippers queuing for a ticket, with masks on. The car park was full of DE and distant AT plates. There were no queues for lifts, and the open slopes were not crowded at all. It was a fine weather day. The next day - empty! Ange.
snow report
Double post Embarassed Embarassed

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 10-12-21 8:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Intensive care bed occupation finally saw a significant drop (-26 beds).
7 day Index now under 500.
ski holidays
"The Austrian tourist board has said that overseas visitors can return from December 12, when its nationwide lockdown ends.

The reopening will be staggered, however, with three regions – Burgenland and the key ski areas of Tirol and Vorarlberg – opening their hotels and restaurants from December 12, three – Salzburg, Styria and Lower Austria – from December 17, and Vienna from December 20. The reopening of venues in Upper Austria, where the lockdown will end on December 17, as not yet been confirmed.

Only "vaccinated and recovered" tourists will be permitted to enter the country, or able to visit indoor venues. "

Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/covid-travel-news-restrictions-rules-advice-christmas-holidays/
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@flangesax, I hope you got the publication fee from the newspaper!
ski holidays
latest report
ptex wrote:

Nope, its not a thing here, they did ask though.
ski holidays
@flangesax, which newspaper ? Are you even more famous now ?
ski holidays
@stanton, you must be well pished, ski season opening up and you are sat in your taxi with no jabs and nowhere to go and no life , ho ho ho
latest report
Timberwolf wrote:
@flangesax, which newspaper ? Are you even more famous now ?

https://www.heute.at/s/trotz-lockdowns-riesen-ansturm-auf-skigebiete-100177366

Ange wink
latest report
Ha, cool Cool Cool
ski holidays
I’m told by Crystal ski huts are open but no bars or apres. Correct?
snow conditions
@cooperman17, Après bars are not open. Anyone with any sense will make sure they are meeting the definition of “bar” rather than “après bar” (whatever that is, probably just turning the music down) and carry on. Huts serve beer too.
snow report
@cooperman17, @Scarlet, bars with everyone seated and only background music with no DJ and no live music will be the order of the day according to press reports I have seen.
ski holidays
@Chris_n, and no fun Laughing
snow report
Chris_n wrote:
@cooperman17, @Scarlet, bars with everyone seated and only background music with no DJ and no live music will be the order of the day according to press reports I have seen.

That will be perfect for the Germans from up north. wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy