Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

end of march 6 x 40 something blokes

Poster: A snowHead
we were thinking of going to the farinet in verbier as have enjoyed our visits there as an older crowd etc, went last time about 5 years ago..... but wondering if any other ideas? chamonix, morzine..... mixed abilities skier wise and apres important.... personally im nt a massive fan of chamonix as its a bit of a faff skiing wise etc..... any other ideas appreciated....

cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alp d Huez has a Tomorrowland festival on 19th-16th March
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maria Alm - Craft Beer Festival
Saalbach - White Pearl Mountain Days
Zell am See - Red Turns (Wine Fest)

Base yourself in Saalbach and all bases are covered. Not a complete sausage-fest like French resorts.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zermatt.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski Amade. 760km of pistes, mostly North Facing. Ski Safari with the option to take in Flachau, Wagrain, Hochkonig, Schladming and the Gastein valley. Never a dull moment and superb mountian fare.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ischgl. Good skiing, great apres.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mr.Egg wrote:

Sold out already
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ischgl - 40-something blokes paradise!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stay on the train, go past Verbier and get to Zermatt. Seconded
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mr.Egg wrote:

I don't think you have ever been have you?

Tomorrowland's demographic age group is 25 - 40 - Older people do go but you have to be one serious lover of Euro EDM to enjoy their output. I am a real househead, snowhead of 56 and I would not enjoy that festival musically or socially, even though it is impressive visually. A group of 40 something blokes would struggle unless they are bang in to their house and substances.
I suspect 7 days in Val D'Isere and apres in Folies and Cocorico might be more fun or the bars in Les Arcs.Les 2 Alpes.......or St Anton.

I love ADH but Tomorrowland, nah, unless I was in my 30s

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 17-11-21 15:35; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ajc2260626, Kitzbuhel, fly into Salzburg
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Markymark29, he said apres was important, IMO that rules out Kitzbuhel.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sölden is another possibility
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Yellow Snow,

age is meaningless.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mr.Egg wrote:

Sounds like something endorsed by Michael Jackson Shocked
snow report
Mr.Egg wrote:
@Yellow Snow,

age is meaningless.

....said Bill Wyman to Mandy Smith. wink
snow report
@Jagerbull, must have changed then since i was last there….Verbier apres is lousy imv compared to Kitz, highlight of Farinet is the roof opening.

If OP wants apres then its got to be Ischgl (Benidorm of the Alps) but its a pretty awful place….
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:
@Jagerbull, must have changed then since i was last there….Verbier apres is lousy imv compared to Kitz, highlight of Farinet is the roof opening.

If OP wants apres then its got to be Ischgl (Benidorm of the Alps) but its a pretty awful place….

I’d been thinking the same thing, we went in 2008 and it was brilliant, when we went back in 2013 it was just a large empty conservatory

I’ve been to Ischgl and while it was busy I found it very Germanic and I felt very much like an outsider.

For the OP I’d recommend Val D’isere, it ticks all the boxes Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
so guys, i think the farinet is the shout, we are flying to geneva this year so giving austria a swerve...... but i the farinet even open as i have being unable to get hold of anyone and the phone number on their website is not even dealing Shocked

done a few off the other suggestions.... ischgl - full of lapdancing bars, kitz - not bad but was quiet when we went in jan, zermatt just got back from a week, skiing to spread out and a pain to get to on the train; val done a few times to many posh kid brits embarrassing themselves, but would go back as the skiing is epic and know the area well although not really the foil douce type ..... Toofy Grin
snow report
Mayrhofen or Val D'Isere - our go-to haunts for our what was 40 something now 50 something group.
latest report
Val Thorens and stay at Altipura
snow report
ajc2260626 wrote:
so guys, i think the farinet is the shout, we are flying to geneva this year so giving austria a swerve...... but i the farinet even open as i have being unable to get hold of anyone and the phone number on their website is not even dealing Shocked

done a few off the other suggestions.... ischgl - full of lapdancing bars, kitz - not bad but was quiet when we went in jan, zermatt just got back from a week, skiing to spread out and a pain to get to on the train; val done a few times to many posh kid brits embarrassing themselves, but would go back as the skiing is epic and know the area well although not really the foil douce type ..... Toofy Grin

Yep they are open and active on IG. Looks like they are planning on full on après. Suspect it will be busy after the last 2 seasons…
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWadQ7zo-Qs/?utm_medium=copy_link

Hotel Bristol is another popular option just round the corner
snow report
Quote:

zermatt just got back from a week, skiing to spread out and a pain to get to on the train

Eh? Can't agree with those statements.
snow report
+1 for Ischgl. Epecially the Schatzi bar under the Hotel Elizabeth at the bottom of the run into the top end of town by the Paderschradt lift
Been twice, Fabulious sking, brilliant apres - people who have graduated from the Crazy Kangaru at St Anton 10 years previous.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy