Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommend somewhere to WFSkiresort for a week & skin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

I am looking to get away to the mountains the first week in Jan. I need to get some ski time and some uphill action in before my ski touring trip in Feb but I don't have any opportunity to take another proper holiday before then. I will be on my own and intend to work from the ski resort but get out every morning and skin up the piste (using a head torch I guess!) and ski down, then do a couple of lift served laps before starting work.

I haven't really got a concept of where I should go - any ideas?

I guess requirements are:
    Genuinely good WIFI suitable to able able to video call
    Relatively cheap as this isn't really a holiday
    Shortish and easy to find shared transfer
    Ski in ski out accommodation (studio apt fine) as I will want to be minimising any time between morning ski and work
    Resort where its ok to skin up the side of the piste pre-lifts opening

Maybe also a friendly English-speaking bar or something where I can go to eat in the evenings and not be totally isolated from human company for the entire week!

Bonus points if it is a resort with friendly faces I could join for an actual real ski tour (not just a slog up the piste!) Monday 3 Jan, Friday 7 or Saturday 8 Jan.

Thanks Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kat.ryb, Chamonix might work - despite the easiest to get to skinning tracks being up the side of the pistes mostly, that's kind of what you're looking for. I'll ping you a PM ...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @under a new name, yup that is exactly what I am looking for - skin tracks up the side of the piste. Would appreciate the PM Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kat.ryb, other than the restaurant next door - Nyon in Morzine would fit your criteria. Lots of studios in our block/ airbnb and you can ski to within 30m and ski up al the way to Pointe de Nyon if you’ve got the energy for it. I WFH from there and have kids/husbands streaming TV so the data is good!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy