Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What ski should I choose?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I've never bought a pair og skis before... So im pretty new to this.

I'm good on the piste, and uses at least half of my time on any color piste. But I also want a ski, which is decent or better in the off-piste.
So im guessing an All mountain wide ski.

A friend, who knows my style, told me that I should buy the Salomon Twenty Twelve ski, and they would be great for my use. That ski is just nowhere to be found, because its so old.

So do you have any suggestions for skis in mind that I should look in to? It would really be a great help Blush

I'm a woman and 173 cm
My pricerange is 200 € - 500€
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi@Classic, and welcome to the forum.

A ski to look at which is similar to the one suggested by your friend is the "Scott Scapper 90" with same intention, width underfoot 90mm, twin tip with rocker both ends. You'd not want it too long as that 90mm will support quite well in softer conditions, but doesn't take it too far from decent piste performance.

They are probably more available and some in reduced sales to help the price too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This will give you a good point of reference: https://www.skitalk.com/forums/product-reviews.120/ski-selector

This is an American website, so there is a small bias towards wide skis, but Skitalk/Pugski has less bias than other American sites Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy