Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal ski NEVER Again

Poster: A snowHead
Nice conclusion to the thread!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have a guest this week in Portugal, flying out from LHR with BA. Her flights were changed a few weeks ago from social to antisocial hours (ie wake up at 0330 to check in on time). I think anyone trying to organise flights these days is struggling, between lack of pilots, other staff, half full flights run at a loss, and constant changing Covid rules.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A lot of skiers are hoping to wait and see what happens with the covid situ and others who have booked, probably accept that it's a bit of a gamble.
I think it's naive of the OP to have not accepted some sort of risk and then to kick off in this way when something goes wrong. I expect the TOs will have the same opinion. They can afford to as well as demand far outstrips supply.
I think it would be wiser to try and play nice and hope someone at Crystal goes the extra mile to help them, rather than exaggerate a ruined Xmas for poor Hugo and Felicity, when tbh, the trip shouldn't have been hyped up in the first place, given the situation we find ourselves in.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boarderfarce wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good site to book accommodation only? Looking at apartments or chalet for 8 people?

Have you tried airbnb? Which resort are you after and what dates?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hi @boarderfarce if you drop me an email i can help you find a great alternative for Christmas including children's lunches etc... nikki@peakfeeling-ski.com Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hi @boarderfarce if you drop me an email i can help you find a great alternative for Christmas including children's lunches etc... nikki@peakfeeling-ski.com Smile
@Boarderfarce,
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boarderfarce wrote:
Informed two days ago that our Crystal ski holiday for Christmas can not go ahead due to the hotel not opening on time. Crystal have not offered us any suitable alternative and have basically been totally unresponsive to emails and not available on the phone.
We are now in the position close to Christmas of having to fork out thousands extra cost in order to save Christmas for young children.
Will never use Crystal again. Just wanted to vent some anger and warn others of the absolutely appalling service we have received.

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
mikeycharlton wrote:
Boarderfarce wrote:

We are now in the position close to Christmas of having to fork out thousands extra cost in order to save Christmas for young children.

My heart goes out to the 100s of millions of kids out there that won't get to ski this Christmas.

I’d always suffered from not getting everything I wanted. Thankfully, a few years ago, I discovered that if you pray for something, God will always sort it out for you. I used to own one house but now I have twelve. I also now have a large collection of classic sports cars and a 22yr-old girlfriend.

Visits your nearest church tomorrow and start enjoying high levels of wealth almost immediately.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
alasdair.graham wrote:
Nice conclusion to the thread!

Yep. Reminds me of the time my sister wanted a horse for Christmas and our dad bought her a cat but told her it was a miniature pony.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mr.Egg wrote:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:

My heart goes out to the 100s of millions of kids out there that won't get to ski this Christmas.

mine dont.
dont want the slopes overcrowded.
christmas is quiet! Week after is chaos
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Boarderfarce, Airbnb or vrbo, ESF do lunches after ski school in the morning for kids, drive out and be in control of the whole trip
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bringing it back to the point of the post of sharing the poor customer service experience from Crystal. We have requested a full refund from Crystal.
To give Crystal a little credit they did come back with another alternative which would have cost us a little more but still fell short of the original holiday booked.
Some small customer service improvements would have gone a long way.
A dedicated person looking after the change request.
A direct phone line.
An explanation why the hotel was not opening on time.
Recognition that prices obviously increase as you get closer to departure.
Faster notification that the hotel would not open rather than waiting a month.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for a the advice and offers of support. We have now booked another package holiday with a travel agency. We thought this was the least risky option. Keep doing the snow dance people
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

this season is going to be either a punt or buggeration faffage at best.

This! We're all having to be more resilient, and less fussed by last minute changes. The only way any of us can be sure that our Christmas plans won't be disrupted is not to make any. With four kids, the odds on one of them having Covid are quite high. In the last three weeks or so three of my seven grandchildren (in different locations) have had Covid and been isolating for ten days, with maximum disruption for the whole family as a result. It's very frustrating, but one of those things... On the bright side, none of them has been "poorly". Just bored and cross.

I'm going to France for Christmas (not skiing). Flexible easyJet flight to Marseilles - paid the extra so I'm able to make last minute changes. But if any one of 4 adults (all vaccinated) or 3 small kids, get Covid, the whole plan will be in the bin.

Last minute changes with TOs are nothing new. I booked a big family party of 10 into a catered chalet in Austria, with Inghams, years ago. It wasn't till we got there that we found it wasn't going to be a catered chalet as there were no adequate kitchen facilities in the hotel annex where the accommodation was situated. We had VERY third-rate food in a corner of a busy hotel dining room instead. We had always stayed as a family in really cheap chalets, so didn't have silly expectations. But the food we were given (which was NOT the hotel's regular menu, which looked OK) was truly dire. A really nice young man who was the "chalet maid", and had learnt all his mother's and grandmother's cake recipes, and dined with us every evening, helped to make up for the disappointment.

When you book with a TO you relinquish control, and just have to go with the flow. I prefer doing my own thing, even when that means coping with difficult road conditions and chaining up in the middle of the night. And dealing with injuries without the help of a "resort rep".
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boarderfarce wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good site to book accommodation only? Looking at apartments or chalet for 8 people?

One off piste accommodation site you might want to check out:-

https://www.tiscover.com/de/

They used to have English pages available but I can't see that option now - hopefully your browser will translate it easily enough. Once you get in contact with an owner most of them are happy to converse in English. The only thing to be aware of -certainly when we used used them years ago, was after the initial deposit transfer the the owners like to be paid in cash on arrival wink

There tend to be lots of places on the website that don't seem to be advertised on the more popular ones now, it's like they're just keeping it for the domestic market?

Good luck in your search
snow report
@Gazzza, have you tried tests from dochq? https://dochq.co.uk/ They do an online video appointment so may have options for boxing day? We've used them with our teens for pre-departure on recent trip to France. Did test on a video call, then put in a virtual waiting room for 15 mins then showed them the result whilst holding up passport. This was accepted for arrival in France and also in a restaurant on our 2nd day. I just had a pdf of the certificate on my phone.
ski holidays
Quote:

We contacted the hotel direct who informed us they knew back in October they would not open on time. Yet crystal has taken over a month to inform us which severely limits our options. The stress and anxiety this has caused.

I'm sure Crystal have been trying to sort an alternative Sad

It sucks you can't have your hotel, but I would take the offered alternative and use the refund in price between the two trips to buy some nice lunches with your children. Don't give this sufficient headspace to cause ' stress and anxiety'. There will be other future years where travel is easier.

I would hate to be in the travel industry at the mount. It is a highly difficult time. Your children won't really care the new hotel isn't as high a standard. They will just enjoy being with you, on a holiday and the snow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy