Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Phoenix risen from the ashes for 21/22

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
russ_e wrote:
Alpine Elements seem to be back trading too.

Yes they are - anyone they owed money to from March 2020 got an email from the director saying how sad he was that he had to fold the company but how happy he was that he had bought the rights to the company name and database and would carry on.

Therefore leaving ATOL / ABTA / credit cards to fund his debts.

This year however they are not offering flights - claim its to allow customer flexibility but i think its because they probably folded owing the airlines a lot of money !!! Just my thoughts !!

I would avoid this company at all costs - the way they have behaved was horrendous.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@GreenDay not sure if you are affiliated with VIP in any way? But happy to clarify. I cancelled the day prior to 8 weeks in advance of our trip to minimise our losses as their covid "guarantee" was and still is contradicted elsewhere in their terms (see below) and because their covid guarantee did "not" include the current French ban on UK travellers within its 5 bullet points. I note this has miraculously been added today after I pointed this out yesterday to their sales chap - now 6 bullet points. Hopefully I have helped other bookers, though it would have been nice if they had advised they were changing it in order to provide my family with comfort around our booking.
I have to say overall it was a real struggle simply dealing with them. They tried to inflate the deposit amount and eventually relented only to try to charge an additional 20%. I was thinking of using Oxford Ski next time, has anyone found them to be a decent company? I think VIP will understandably be intent on not repeating the administration experience of last year, though as all their properties are in France that may prove challenging.

"...we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by Events Beyond Our Control....such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination, global epidemics or pandemics (including, but not limited to the ongoing effects of Covid-19 or any new strain of the coronavirus)."
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@FamilyWski, No I am not affiliated with them.

I think its a wee bit rich to have expected any company to have already had the line which now states "France imposes a compulsory quarantine on minors and/or fully vaccinated adults from the UK" in their terms and conditions at any point before that event actually happened !

Clearly that line is now there, and anyone who was booked gets their money back.

That last para you quote is a red herring - it is actually preceded by the wording "Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Booking Conditions...."

Seems clear to me that the Covid Guarantee is expressly stated elsewhere...........and presumably is why you ultimately got your money back?

I appreciate you are unhappy with how they dealt with it, maybe worth giving them direct feedback, but it doesnt take a genius to work out that every company would have been under huge pressure from customers around the time France imposed the ban. It doesnt excuse bad service, but its not exclusive to them (or even just to the travel industry).
I could give you chapter and verse on how it took me several months and dozens of phone calls to get thousands of overpaid CGT back from the tax man - but its really boring, and frankly as I got the cash I was due who really cares?

Everyone is busy and under pressure these days, 5hit happens.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
GreenDay wrote:

I could give you chapter and verse on how it took me several months and dozens of phone calls to get thousands of overpaid CGT back from the tax man - but its really boring, and frankly as I got the cash I was due who really cares?

The difference is that consumers have a CHOICE of Winter Holiday provider, but you generally don't have a choice of tax man - HMRC seems to have some kind of monopoly on the the UK market, and over here it's Impots.gouv

It seems fair to advise others on a public forum if you had received less than favourable customer service from a particular provider, this way other consumers can make informed choices.

In fact this forum even provided a platform for users to post experiences of GOOD Guys, and companies who had offered fair, expedient and transparent service during the pandemic. IIRC, none of the companies listed on this thread figured prominently in the GOOD guys thread.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

GreenDay
snowHead

Phyllis Stein wrote:
For clarity Ski VIP 1.0 customers did not get funds back from VIP - they were pointed at ABTA who picked up the costs.

Their new incarnation VIP 2.0 is not covered by ABTA or any other bonding schemes (they are not arranging flights, etc) - their advice to our group was to pay by credit card …

Once bitten etc .. no thanks you SKI VIP 2.0

Not sure I see the issue - if they are not arranging flights then they wont be ABTA bonded.

And advising people to use a CC seems logical as there is a degree of safety net

I am not sure you have got that right, I have booked in April with Ski solutions who are a reseller of VIP Ski just with an additional 5% discount if you are a ski club member. The invoice is covered with ABTA logo and their ref number.
They don't do flights so ABTA covers you, I will be paying the balance with my credit card regardless. ATOL is the one that covers flights.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mheadbee wrote:
I have booked in April with Ski solutions who are a reseller of VIP Ski just with an additional 5% discount if you are a ski club member.
Which ski club/s?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SKi club of Great Britain.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Interesting thread. There is no mention of VIP Ski on the ABTA site so would be interesting to see what member number they quote. I think Ski Solutions is a TO and TA in their own right and and any holiday sold by them would be covered by their ABTA/ATOL memberships.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

lower
user

GreenDay wrote:

I find it amazing that people were surprised that holiday providers went bust when they lost a whole season

And the majority of the previous season including half term and Easter.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@peerless ploughman, YSE attitude is appalling . I paid for a ski trip march 2020, they informed me about midnight on day travel that skiing was off the list but invited me to come anyway for a walking holiday and sample their hotel standard food . No compensation offered nothing at all . They believe they are doing doing you a favour .
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
peerless ploughman wrote:
What's the plural of phoenix - phoenixes? phoenices?

If close together I’d choose phalanx.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy