Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer St Gervais to Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Due to an epic failure of map reading, we are looking to transport 1 live body from St Gervais to Val Thorens on a Tuesday 18th January.
Does anyone have local knowledge that will help us?
Worst case: a taxi company that could quote us, or a transfer bus company that has an email address?

Thanks,

Iain
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm. Not an ideal route to do by public transport. Basically you would either have to go through Megeve or back up towards Geneva. Both routes rejoin at Albertville. None of the options are likely to be cheap.

There are lots of expensive / time-consuming / complicated options but my instinct would be to book a taxi to Moutiers, then use Altibus. (Or a train to Moutiers, going the long way round!)

Other options are more complicated variations on the above:

Taxi to Albertville, then train to Moutiers, then Altibus would save a bit of money but add another layer of stress.

Or add another step: taxi to Megeve, then bus to Albertville etc.

Or even: bus to Sallanches, bus to Megeve, and so on... but there would be so many connections I doubt you could do it in a day.

Going via Geneva is much further but with better transfer ) transport options.

Either: BlablaBus to the airport followed by Altibus

Or: Train all the way to Moutiers with several changes, then Altibus

Really it depends on how desperate you are to keep costs down, vs. minimising hassle or stress.

I don't have personal experience of all the transport options above - only some of them. Someone might have better local knowledge!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This folks will sort you out:

www.findtransfers.com

You just pop-in your details, and a host of transfer and taxi companies will send you very competitive quotes. Used them many times, and always had very low prices and great service.

It's showing as a 2 hour journey on Google Maps.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Strax, One problem is that public transport is organized by département. St Gervais is in Haute Savoie, Val Thorens is in Savoie, the border is between Praz-sur-Arly and Flumet. The bus from Albertville only goes as far as Flumet.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Strax, "an epic failure of map reading" Shocked Shocked

Were you using one of these?

I find www.rome2rio.com useful when planning excursions ...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's the sort of challenge which could feature in a travel geek's quiz show.

From Le Fayet there are trains to Annecy (and St Gervais buses link to Le Fayet station) so I wondered about a train connection from there to Moutiers. I don't know whether that is possible, but I recall there being buses from Moutiers to all the 3V resorts.

But it will probably be just as quick, and even possibly cheaper, to do what @denfinella suggests and take a transfer back to Geneva airport, and then one out to Val Thorens. Those definitely exist. (I am assuming the Alpybus shared transfers from the St Gervais gondola station will be operating again this season, otherwise whatever the successor to Ouibus now is - it was BlaBlaBus but a timetable by the bus stop in the summer referred to Flixbus - with the issue for any such route being that timetables for the winter aren't yet released). Any way round it will take most of the day.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy