Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

South African snow "three months late"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, that's what it says here: SABC News. Indeed, a glance at the article says that snow came three months earlier last year - but was that a freak?

Do we have any experts on the South African climate? And if not, why not?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ye of little faith. SnowHeads have experts on everything. And when we're stuck we have the technology

{{{{ Actually this came from a link further down on yours, DG - credit where credit is due. snowHead snowHead If you look at Johannesberg for example, which is quite high up, when it's coldest it doesn't rain / snow. So the Rainbow Country can never be a ski destination }}}}
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
According to that data, the lowest temperatures recorded in March in the eastern Cape are 7C to 10C and winter doesn't really set in until June, as one would expect in the southern hemisphere.

So that headline seems to be a little artistic.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's now reported that South Africa's only ski resort, Tiffindell, has opened for the winter. This report from Independent Online.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

So the Rainbow Country can never be a ski destination

I should know better than to make sweeping statements like that. Well corrected DG.
Tiffindell - nice name - sounds like someplace from The Hobbit. Cool

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 10-06-04 7:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
...or one of the old presenters from Top Gear...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Vroom Vroom. Laughing Laughing
I've now edited Tiffindell above to be a link to the resort info. Very small place with only 5 lifts and appears to be viable only because of 98% snowmaking cover.
And there's one even smaller skiing place in nearby Lesotho (wouldn't grace it with the title 'resort') called Oxbow
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A friend of mine, Jess Stock the ski and action sports photographer, once showed me a photo of the skiing in Lesotho. The snow is so treasured - and exposed to the sun - that the photo showed canopies above it to keep it in the shadows!

I imagine this is unique to that little ski area.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy