Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine Parking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I did ask this last year but dont seem to be able to find the post / answer.

Is there any covered parking available in Flaine? I assume there are no public carparks but was wondering if anyone / any residences hire covered / underground spaces?

Many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.pierreetvacances.com/gb-en/fp_FWL_self-catering-flaine-eos

Has the whole building on a basement carpark if you stay there, lovely warm and dry facilities.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are no covered public car parks in Flaine
Nor most of the older accommodation blocks
The idea was to keep the main areas pedestrianised and park cars away from the resort
Most of the newer residences do have underground parking though
Not sure if they rent any of this space out
Suggest you contact them direct - email addresses are at https://en.flaine.com/tourism-residences
I would try the Panoramic first
But note the entrances are not very large - definitely too small for a XC90 with a roof box as witnessed a couple of years ago
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My car was in a open public car parking in flaine a couple of years ago…

latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Depends who you have booked your accommodation through - they may be able to book parking for you. We went a couple of years ago and booked an apartment through https://www.flaineimmobilier.com/ in the Forum part of the village. They booked us covered parking higher up in Foret at the Pleiades residence. Allowed to unload and drop our luggage off at where we were staying then went up and parked car and an easy walk / ride back down in the little funicular lift that links them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There's a lot of outdoor parking in Flaine so no problem there just take a shovel in case or make a few trips over the week to the car if it does snow.

There are some underground car parks in Flaine so best to book accommodation that has one if that's what you want. Depending on when you're going a residence may let you a space but out of the question school holidays when they'll be full with those staying in the residence.

Agree with the xc90 comment, I saw an all4 mini (so decent sized car) with a roof box kiss the roof on entrance I gingerly drove in with an xc60 with roof bars and was OK but it's tight.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy