Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynamic pricing for lift passes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
koru wrote:
Last year, Cervinia charged higher rates at Christmas/NY and from late Jan to early March, but this year they seem to have dropped this. Same rates all season (including for the international pass to cover Zermatt).

Were the higher prices last year because they increased prices in peak weeks, or decreased prices in non-peak weeks?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Serre Chevalier has always had a peak season and low season rate, but that usually means there is a reduced number of lifts. I was browsing the TO website last week and spotted a cheaper season pass, that only seems to be available by turning up at a lift pass office, at a reduced rate of 775€, but does not include skiing on Sundays. Meanwhike, the Skialacarte offers reduced daily passes, with a lower rate on a weekend, and discounted 1€ passes every 4 days from day 9.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’m fairly sure that Solden (and the wider ski area) price their 6 day lift passes dynamically depending on what day the pass starts; Sat-Thu is cheaper than Sun-Fri.
..Nick
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ecureuil wrote:
Having re-read the website I might change my guess above, as it indicates that prices will change dynamically. So for future comparison, here are some prices for 6 day passes as at 26 October, for various start dates:
Sat 18/12 €248
Sat 25/12 €323
Sat 15/01 €254
Sat 19/02 €299
Sat 05/03 €309
Sat 19/03 €248 (unchanged thereafter, except for Mondays which are €240)

As at 03/01/2024 - for 6 Days Skiarea Campiglio-Folgarida Marilleva-Pinzolo - quite a big difference.
Sat 15/01 €335.4
Sat 19/02 €361.8
Sat 05/03 €363.1
Sat 19/03 €324
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dynamic pricing is obviously gaining ground - surprising it's taken so long. Denfinella has reported on dynamic pricing in other places, too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@snowyc, I've booked a 4-day pass for Campiglio-Folgarida-etc. for later in the season, and have to say it's verging on laughably expensive for "dynamic" pricing, at over €60/day. Some of the other areas in that region aren't much better either.

Compare that with France where day passes for my Jan trip have averaged out at under €35/day across 7 different ski areas. Some with dynamic pricing, some with midweek / weekend deals etc.

So worth saying that, as well as dynamic pricing, there is also "variable" pricing which is dictated by the day of the week / time of season rather than how long in advance lift tickets are booked.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It can be a bit extreme, when we went to Formigal it was difficult to understand how much was a 6 day pass as there were three different daily prices over the 6 days. (6 day pass didn’t actually exist).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I saw the La Clusaz pricing this year -- didn't go, but it was definitely a bit of a savings. I wonder what algorithm they use, as it was basically a 5 euro + change variation on the days ahead.

As a day ticket buyer (unless we're staying at a destination station), I'm OK with dynamic pricing, so long as there are some actual savings rather than just using the window rate as a baseline.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Handy Turnip wrote:
koru wrote:
Last year, Cervinia charged higher rates at Christmas/NY and from late Jan to early March, but this year they seem to have dropped this. Same rates all season (including for the international pass to cover Zermatt).

Were the higher prices last year because they increased prices in peak weeks, or decreased prices in non-peak weeks?
Their website did not say anything to indicate either way. I suspect both prices were higher than the previous year.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy