Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pre Bash Sussex Meetup Wed 10 Nov 2021 18:30 The Lockhart Tavern, 41 The Broadway, Haywards Heath.

Poster: A snowHead
@PaulO78, it might be nice to meet up before we go as it's good to see familiar faces. I'm about 17 miles north of Brighton. We can wait to hear from @ninthtoe

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 21-10-21 20:30; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SheilaT wrote:
@ninthtoe, I've noticed you live in Sussex and you've booked for your first bash. Likewise for me - both of those. Where in Sussex are you?

Hi thanks for asking, I'm in crowborough, looking forward to getting to the alps in just 7 weeks or so, it's just too long to wait until family trip in February when my grown up kids have asked me along. I'm a snowboarder who will try and keep up with skiers but shan't be too upset if I can't as I enjoy the scenery in all cases. The forum has always seems very friendly so I am looking forward to meeting some snowheads.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

@SheilaT, arrange something. I used to organise London Offline meet ups, as did others and they were well attended especially before a bash

Not a bad idea - I imagine there are a few Sussex folk knocking around.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ninthtoe, @PaulO78, I was thinking about the Bolney Stage as it's very near the A23, easy to find and has a good car park. It's in Bolney, which is where the A272 crosses the A23. Near me too, which makes it even better! As ninthtoe is in Crowborough, maybe somewhere further east would be better? Newick area? Weekday or weekend? Lunchtime, afternoon or evening? @holidayloverxx, I think you're a bit far away but I wouldn't suggest it's only for Sussex folk.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds great, weekday eves best for me
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@SheilaT, no problem. Start a new thread so that everyone has the chance to attend, but just those looking at the bash thread. I think you can do a poll for options, or just decide go from there

Would suggest somewhere perhaps with a railway station?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SheilaT wrote:
@ninthtoe, @PaulO78, I was thinking about the Bolney Stage as it's very near the A23, easy to find and has a good car park. It's in Bolney, which is where the A272 crosses the A23. Near me too, which makes it even better! As ninthtoe is in Crowborough, maybe somewhere further east would be better? Newick area? Weekday or weekend? Lunchtime, afternoon or evening? @holidayloverxx, I think you're a bit far away but I wouldn't suggest it's only for Sussex folk.

Interesting... seems like you are organising a pre-Bash Bash - think you are going to fit right in as a snowHead
Just beware, you may end up needing a bigger venue wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx wrote:
@SheilaT, no problem. Start a new thread so that everyone has the chance to attend, but just those looking at the bash thread. I think you can do a poll for options, or just decide go from there

Would suggest somewhere perhaps with a railway station?

The LockHart Tavern in Haywards Heath is a hostelry serving fine ales and a short walk from the railway station.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@SheilaT, here's one I organised
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2027330&highlight=london+offline#2027330
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@holidayloverxx, booking the holiday was a challenge for me and you suggest I set up a new thread for a pre-bash meet up? Shocked You obviously didn't see my earlier comment where I said I'm a techophobe!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can't even type - that was supposed to be technophobe.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@SheilaT, Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ninthtoe, @PaulO78, a weekday evening would be fine. When would you suggest? First week of November? I think all those places on The Broadway can get quite busy on Fridays. Should we aim for an Monday - Thursday evening? The Lockhart Tavern would be very convenient for me as I live in Haywards Heath.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SheilaT wrote:
@ninthtoe, @PaulO78, a weekday evening would be fine. When would you suggest? First week of November? I think all those places on The Broadway can get quite busy on Fridays. Should we aim for an Monday - Thursday evening? The Lockhart Tavern would be very convenient for me as I live in Haywards Heath.

sounds great Mon-Wed 1st-3rd free for me at the moment e,g, 630pm?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@SheilaT, @ninthtoe, I probably *can't* do 1-3 Nov (2nd or 3rd weeks in Nov are better, excluding Mondays and Tuesdays). But I wouldn't rearrange too much around me - I am likely to be unreliable in November anyway, as work is a bit mad (got to pay for the skiing holidays somehow...) - just pick a date you like and see who turns up!
ski holidays
@ninthtoe, @PaulO78, the second week or third week of Nov would be ok with me, second week is better. Mondays and Tuesdays aren't convenient for Paul078. Would 9th or 10 of Nov work? Shall we go with ninthtoe's suggestion of the Lockhart Tavern in Haywards Heath or as Paul078 is busy find somewhere a bit nearer to Brighton? My initial thoughts were just to meet up with other Sussex people - keeping it simple but anyone who wants to could turn up. I don't think anyone else has shown interest.
snow report
@SheilaT, Wed 10th or Thursday 11th in Lockhart Tavern could work (I will still be liable to flakiness...) - Haywards Heath seems like a good accessible spot in general.
latest report
@PaulO78, I would be able to go Wed 10th or Thurs 11th. We can decide when @ninthtoe, says if either of those dates are ok.
ski holidays
@sugarmoma666, I think you need to be special to start a thread in the snowEvents forum. At least I can‘t do it.
snow report
@SheilaT, @Paul078. Great can we say Weds 10th Nov 630pm in Lockhart Tavern, Haywards Heath, RH16 3AS. Apologies for not separating into another thread, dont know how to do that . More than delighted for any other snowheads to join.
ski holidays
Gämsbock wrote:
@sugarmoma666, I think you need to be special to start a thread in the snowEvents forum. At least I can‘t do it.

You're right. I wonder if a kind Mod could help out here?
snow report
FIFY (https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4838823#4838823)Gone
snow conditions
Well done on the pro-active move @brianatab, but I've split out the messages from the PSB thread that relate to the meetup.
snow report
Quote:

The forum has always seems very friendly so I am looking forward to meeting some snowheads.

Let’s hope snowHeads don’t disappoint.
ski holidays
Thank you admin and anyone else who reorganised this thread.

I did a recce at the Lockhart Tavern this morning. They said they get busy on Fridays and Saturdays and someimes on Thursdays so going with ninthtoe's choice of Wed 10 Nov at 6.30, that seems the best evening. I was advised that booking would be a good idea anyway so am happy to do that. They have some outside tables which are more or less enclosed by a tent and there's an outdoor heater. They also provide hot water bottles! I wouldn't normally prefer to sit outside in November but given the COVID risk and that rates are on the increase, I would prefer to be outside. I don't want to put my holiday in jeopardy.
snow conditions
Sounds great to me.
snow conditions
Sounds like a plan. I can't promise I'll make it, but I'll try. Happy to sit outside - hopefully the weather will be better than this evening Very Happy

Might be worth adding the date and destination to the thread title (although I'm not sure I know how one might do that..)
ski holidays
PaulO78 wrote:
Might be worth adding the date and destination to the thread title (although I'm not sure I know how one might do that..)
The owner of the first post can edit it (via the button to the right of the post), change the title and re-submit it.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I wouldn't normally prefer to sit outside in November

You don’t have a Snowheads fleece?
snow conditions
@AL9000,
Quote:

You don’t have a Snowheads fleece?

No fraid not.

Are you coming to the meet up?
snow report
@SheilaT, Not sure just yet.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11640#2211701
ski holidays
Table is booked. It's an outside table, as previously mentioned, more or less enclosed in a tent. It's one of those with fixed bench seats and would seat 4 to 6, which would seem to be big enough as it looks like 3 of us, or 4 if @AL9000 comes.
ski holidays
Hi, all being well I should be able to make it tonight. Unlikely I'll arrive much before 7:30.

Hope to see you later
snow conditions
Great, look forward to seeing you and whoever else can make it.
ski holidays
Looking forward to meeting other (new?) snowheads.
ski holidays
Still 6.30, @SheilaT? I'm planning to make it, but will have to disappear around 7.30. (Not deliberately avoiding silentice, I promise)
snow report
No sooner than I make plans, my My daughter got sent home from nursery this afternoon with a temperature and cough. She's fine and we're not too worried but obviously we need to get her a pcr test and I'll no longer be able to make it tonight.
latest report
@silentice, sorry you couldn't make it last night. I hope your daughter is ok. You never know, you might make the trip.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy