Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'Doofer' Tag (Liber-t / Emovis ) - Advice

Poster: A snowHead
@Inboard, Thanks

Is Revolut kinda similar to PayPal in that it will pull money out of your bank account when it needs to pay for something, or does it have to be funded (ie have money sat in it) to be used?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnnyboy wrote:
@Inboard, Thanks

Is Revolut kinda similar to PayPal in that it will pull money out of your bank account when it needs to pay for something, or does it have to be funded (ie have money sat in it) to be used?
You don’t pre-load Revolut with money before you can use it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar wrote:
johnnyboy wrote:
@Inboard, Thanks

You don’t pre-load Revolut with money before you can use it.

So I link it to my usual bank account, and when I pay for something with Revolut, it will just take the relevant amount out of that account as PayPal would?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnnyboy wrote:

So I link it to my usual bank account, and when I pay for something with Revolut, it will just take the relevant amount out of that account as PayPal would?
@johnnyboy, when I looked at the service it seemed a bit more flexible than that, so you could link different source accounts and set up payments in a variety of ways, but essentially yes that’s the case.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rob@rar, Cheers, much appreciated. Hoping to be driving down to 3V for the season, and so getting a doofer has to be the way to pay tolls if I'm by myself in a RH drive car, and the one recommended on here doesn't seem to like Nationwide bank accounts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@johnnyboy, I do that journey by myself every winter in a RHD car and having a doofer makes the process of paying for tolls much more convenient.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@rob@rar, Yeah, that's what I figured, much easier than having to get out and run round the car Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Would someone be able to help me with revolut and the mango tag please? Managed to get the tag sent to us with our hsbc account but now it is saying the direct debit failed and I need to change details or they will cancel it. I've now opened a revolut account but cannot see how to find the details needed to add to the mango tag?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
had and still have the APRR one i have had since 2011, worked ok last time i was in France in 2019, sent for a new one last year, linked to my Debit card. e1.90 a month when i use it, no other charges.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://ulys.vinci-autoroutes.com/e-toll-badge-ulys-classic/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-eeMBhCpARIsAAZfxZByEDrLsgloGQYi6b-mTveaVj0AwPA5CNfT0JUktFfW84YZ1jV1uZUaApArEALw_wcB. Ulys no set up fee and no postage charge and €2 per month.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@mah, you will probably need to open a € account in Revolut if you haven't do so already. You can have accounts for different currencies.

When you are in that account, click on the ... button and you should see a 'Details' menu. This will show your IBAN and BIC which is probably what you need for your DD.

I hope that helps. I use the Eurotunnel one and so mine comes out of a UK account.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Timbobaggins wrote:
had and still have the APRR one i have had since 2011, worked ok last time i was in France in 2019, sent for a new one last year, linked to my Debit card. e1.90 a month when i use it, no other charges.

+1 for APRR - also had one since 2011 and worked fine January 2020; it seems cheapest of the lot to run, easy to add a credit card online for payment and only bills at the end of the month when using it, which means only one currency fee a month rather that one for every toll booth.

https://www.mango-mobilitesbyaprr.com/offres
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ptex wrote:
Timbobaggins wrote:

+1 for APRR - also had one since 2011 and worked fine January 2020; it seems cheapest of the lot to run, easy to add a credit card online for payment and only bills at the end of the month when using it, which means only one currency fee a month rather that one for every toll booth.

Would you be able to tell me how you added a credit card to your account? I can't see the option to do that when I am logged in, it just wants me to do direct debit, which I am struggling with.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I bought one last autumn from Emovis in preparation for a drive to the alps that didn’t happen in the end for obvious reasons. I have not used it and it’s still very new so don’t have any concerns about battery.

However, *will I need to activate it somehow* in order to use the liber-t lanes or will the sensor register it from the first time I use it? (In a similar way to using the chip and pin on a new debit card before the contactless feature is activated)

I have a horrid premonition of driving up to the barrier and it refusing to open, resulting in an embarrassing reversing out and a lot of hand-waving from the locals and a red face from me. Me panicking, my girlfriend panicking, making my fellow countrymen look like idiots… it could get ugly!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PrinceJohn wrote:
I bought one last autumn from Emovis in preparation for a drive to the alps that didn’t happen in the end for obvious reasons. I have not used it and it’s still very new so don’t have any concerns about battery.

However, *will I need to activate it somehow* in order to use the liber-t lanes or will the sensor register it from the first time I use it? (In a similar way to using the chip and pin on a new debit card before the contactless feature is activated)

I have a horrid premonition of driving up to the barrier and it refusing to open, resulting in an embarrassing reversing out and a lot of hand-waving from the locals and a red face from me. Me panicking, my girlfriend panicking, making my fellow countrymen look like idiots… it could get ugly!

As long as it’s live on your account then it should work fine. If you’re worried then at the first toll booth you come to don’t use the 30kph fast lane. Use one of the normal lanes that also has a T above it as that will give you the option of grabbing a ticket or paying if it doesn’t work. Everyone gets that trepidation on first use after a while but we’ve never had an issue.
latest report
PrinceJohn wrote:

As long as it’s live on your account then it should work fine. If you’re worried then at the first toll booth you come to don’t use the 30kph fast lane. Use one of the normal lanes that also has a T above it as that will give you the option of grabbing a ticket or paying if it doesn’t work. Everyone gets that trepidation on first use after a while but we’ve never had an issue.
latest report
RobH2017 wrote:
PrinceJohn wrote:

I think it looks okay. Tag Status is “on” and Battery Status is “OK”. Thank you for assuaging my fears!
latest report
Looks like there is a Black Friday deal on the doofer at APRR if of any interest - no start up fee, no monthly fee for France and free delivery

https://www.mango-mobilitesbyaprr.com/en/france-espagne-portugal
latest report
Quote:

I thought this offer looked good as it would save me €6.10 a year over my Emovis/Sanef tag but unfortunately it looks to be limited to just one registration number which doesn't work for us as we use different cars summer and winter and occasionally fly and use our tag in the hire car.
ski holidays
@Timc, you can just change the reg number before you travel. That's what I do with our Xtrail and Campervan. More difficult for hiring, but app updates straight away. If you are just using in France on those trips, it shouldn't be a problem. Reg number is only needed because Italy and Spain use ANPR to charge the badge I think. If you are travelling only in France it will still work with any car.
latest report
sno trax wrote:
@mah, you will probably need to open a € account in Revolut if you haven't do so already. You can have accounts for different currencies.

When you are in that account, click on the ... button and you should see a 'Details' menu. This will show your IBAN and BIC which is probably what you need for your DD.

I hope that helps. I use the Eurotunnel one and so mine comes out of a UK account.

Thank you, I had done this but I cannot work out how to link a credit card to it to actually pay it? I'm totally confused about this now and I'm just going round in circles. My preferred option would be to add a credit card direct to the tag but I can't seem to do that, even though people are saying they have it only gives me the option for direct debit. I've put the revolut detail in but now I can't see how to link that to a card either, it appears I have to preload it? I was under the impression it would work like paypal, just link the card to it and it debit the card as I use it but maybe I can't do that either?

It can't be that difficult surely, my dad uses this and he is hopeless with technology (admittedly he uses one of the alternatives, I'm now wondering if I need to give up with mango and see if one of the others is more user friendly.)
snow report
ptex wrote:
Looks like there is a Black Friday deal on the doofer at APRR if of any interest - no start up fee, no monthly fee for France and free delivery

Thank you. Never been that bothered before - getting out of the car a few times on a journey isn't a huge burden. However, this seemed a no-brainer, so now signed up.
latest report
@mah, there used to be the option to link to a credit card, but as far as I remember that was stopped some time ago. My account is linked to our French bank account. I've just logged in and can't change to anything but another bank account.
I have no idea how revolut works though, so can't help with that.
latest report
@mah. It s a direct debit payment. The IBAN/BIC codes are basically the sort code and account numbers from your Euro Revolut account. In the APRR.FR (mango) profile page you can change the bank details. Here you add the IBAN and BIC codes and the payment gets taken from the account. No need for debit/credit card details but obviously you will need a balance in the euro account..
snow conditions
ptex wrote:
Timbobaggins wrote:

just logged into my account with them and added it
ski holidays
mah wrote:
ptex wrote:
Timbobaggins wrote:

Would you be able to tell me how you added a credit card to your account? I can't see the option to do that when I am logged in, it just wants me to do direct debit, which I am struggling with.

As above.
ski holidays
@Timbobaggins, when I got my doofer way back it was linked to a credit card where you could update details but then I switched to DD and the CC updates were removed. I think you have retained your credit card option through grandad rights which are not given for new doofers.
latest report
Thanks all. I've got the direct debit details in and now don't understand what to do about the euro account, I didn't really want to put a load if money in it and I also don't know how much I will need in it. Thought having a tag was going to be the easy option but in hindsight I don't think it is if I can't link to my UK account (ive checked this and i can link to my uk account but it will cost me £6/month for the privilege, which seems an unnecessary cost) or a credit card then it is just hassle.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mah, you will get a bill from the toll company after you have used your tag telling you how much you have spent and that they will debit the euros from your account in so many days time (usually at the end of a month). When you get the bill just transfer enough to your Euro account to cover it
snow report
Ah i see! That makes much more sense, i misunderstood when it would debit the account. Thank you for clearing that up for me. Previously I've just stuck the card in at any toll required, hopefully the tag will give the passenger a more undisturbed rest section!
latest report
@LaForet, said
Quote:

looks like the French Liber-t tag distributor Bip&Go now supports UK customers directly, so pricing it up, it looks like there's an initial charge of €14 for the tag plus €10 shipping

Can someone confirm whether bip&go supplies one windscreen mount with the order please?
There's an option to purchase a mount but the wording is slightly ambiguous so I can't decide if this is an extra one for use with multiple vehicles, or will be required for single vehicle use....ta Toofy Grin
snow conditions
geoffers wrote:
@LaForet, said
Quote:

looks like the French Liber-t tag distributor Bip&Go now supports UK customers directly, so pricing it up, it looks like there's an initial charge of €14 for the tag plus €10 shipping

Can someone confirm whether bip&go supplies one windscreen mount with the order please?
There's an option to purchase a mount but the wording is slightly ambiguous so I can't decide if this is an extra one for use with multiple vehicles, or will be required for single vehicle use....ta Toofy Grin

One windscreen mount is supply with the order
snow report
Thank you for the tip about the APPR Mango one. I had the Sanef/Emovis one for years but the battery life was almost at the end and lockdown hit so I sent it back and got my deposit back. For the current chirstmas deal that Mango one seems a no brainer, entirely free setup and doofer supply including delivery and no management fees until the months you use it (and currently 8 months free in France).

It doesn't seem to take a credit card number and wants IBAN. I assume you can just use your normal UK account (eg Barclays) and use it's IBAN number ? I guess the EUR GBP conversion rate might not be as attractive as a credit card and their might be a small % foreign currency transaction fee.
ski holidays
Gazzza wrote:
I guess the EUR GBP conversion rate might not be as attractive as a credit card and their might be a small % foreign currency transaction fee.

This is why I am using Revolut for my BIP&GO
snow conditions
@Gazzza, you need a Euro current account to set up the direct debit. I did mine with Starling bank (easy self set up) and no additional costs. Others use Revolut as reported above
ski holidays
OK update - so last week I just stuck in the IBAN for my Barclays GBP current account when setting up the Mango Doofer account. It accepted it. A day or so later Mango emailed through a copy of the SEPA DD mandate. Barclays support sepa payments and they are fee free. Today the 1 EUR test debit that they process during account setup (it gets taken off your first invoice) has just been drawn by Mango and is now showing in my Barclays account so it all seems to work without needing Revolut or any other workaround, just a straight EUR sepa debit from my GBP account. 1 EUR hit my account for 87p. 1.1494.

... the irony of course that Switzerland is now off, and with France testing daily requirements for teens, that is probably also off, I suspect won't be needing it for a while Sad
latest report
@ptex, and @Gazzza, thanks for the Mango info. Having had no success resurrecting our previous APRR doofer, this looks like the answer. All set up and now the wait for the new doofer. Got to have something to look forward to Very Happy snowHead
snow report
thierryd wrote:
geoffers wrote:
@LaForet, said
Quote:

One windscreen mount is supply with the order

The standard supply is two mounts with APRR (inc Mango) and can order more for a few Euro, which we did for our old one previously.
ski holidays
So, I've received my doofer, and registered it on the Mango website, and it shows up on my account. I paid either £1 or €1. Is this all I need to do? I'm going to approach that first barrier with huge trepidation as it is, but is there anything else I need to do?
ski holidays
We found that it's trepidation for the first barrier on every trip (will it work this time), then elation for the second!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy