Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What to do with knackered skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My old skis are well and truly beyond ever being used again, so I'm trying to think up what I can do with them now?
They are bright orange so are not being mounted on a wall but I am thinking about turning them into a sledge...
Any suggestions snowheads??
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got a few old skis?
https://images.app.goo.gl/spEfpVya7cTh4LuB8
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My uncle used to turn them in to sledges. Be aware, you can get up to some serious speed so fit a brake! I had great fun as a kid on them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
They are bright orange so are not being mounted on a wall
Can't see why not - they'd go lovely with our lime green settees and purple carpet wink

I'm in the same boat - I still have (2 metre!) 1990 orange Salomon S2000s in the garage... Confused
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Theres quite a good exercise routine you can do with old skis. Put one ski on the floor, bend the knees down, back straight and grasp it firmly in both hands either side of the binding. Extend the legs till standing at full height, continuing with the ski upwards till about shoulder height in one fluid movement. Extend the arms outward and then release your grip on the ski, neatly into a waiting skip. Repeat.

More seriously, there's probably not a lot you can do with one pair beyond a sledge, wine rack or coat rack. If you got 2 or 3 more pairs off e-bay or similar then you can use @achilles link, Etsy or Pinterest as an inspiration board for chairs, benches etc. Or stick 'em on the Internet tat-bazaar or Facebook fleamarket and see what someone will offer you.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm definitely thinking a sledge now, but thanks all,
Definitely won't sell some poor bug these things as the wood core is rotten where the bindings screw in and I've twice had the bindings rip out! (first time was a really heavy landing that broke them so blamed that and didn't notice the real problem)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Put em on fleabay, there's loads of knackered skis on there Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I turned an old pair of skis/boots in to planters, and mounted them above my garage. mrs was embarassed, and step daughter pi$$ed off as id used her skis (that she wasnt gong to use again I may add)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd probably fashion the tip end in to a tool hook in the garage, that's about it.

However I still regret not turning an old pair of CNC machined Answer Manitou (2's) MTB forks in to a toilet roll holder.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Aftermaths, funny you should ask, I’ve been looking for some to turn into steam/ski punk ( if there is such a thing) wall lights, any off cuts you have you could send my way Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skip?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy