Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Valloire Ski Lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'll be taking my young family away to Valloire over new year. I'm an experienced skier but my partner and two young kids (3,5) have never skied before so I'll be putting them in morning lessons. Does anyone have experience of the esf school at Valloire as an English speaker? Are the group lessons likely to be mainly in French (I know it's not the most English-y of resorts (part of the attraction!)).

Alternatively is anyone aware of any private instructors who would take my partner, my 5 year old and another adult beginner for morning lessons each day? This doesn't seem possible on esf or esi over New Year.

Any advice welcome!

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can confirm the instructors speak English.
You may want to consider the lunch package part to extend your skiing.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My wife and kids did lessons in Valloire 3 years ago. The ESF instructors were better than anywhere else, they told me. Yes, there are English speaking ones, but they did theirs in French.

The private lessons are best done over the lunch break -- as you say, I think that's the only time they're offered during holiday periods. That's good, actually, because there are fewer people on the slopes. You will need to make sure everyone eats something around 1130, however...

My 2 kids did "private" 2 hour ESF lessons over the lunch break and made huge progress, my son getting his gold star and my daughter her bronze, in a week. My wife, a very nervous skier, also did private lessons and said her instructor was very kind and encouraging.

So if the French instruction is any guide, you should be fine with ESF. I think there's also an international school there, too.

Valloire is a great area for beginners because you have some very long, gentle runs that wind around the mountain and are below the tree-line.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy