Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil 2021/2022 - Avoriaz/Morzine/Les Gets/Chatel/Swiss Side etc.

Poster: A snowHead
Some ski-schools are set up around the Sat-Sat model as this is how accommodation is normally let.
So group lessons will normally run Sun-Fri to follow this.
That being said, some ski schools will sell group lessons by the day, so no worries if your chosen school goes down that route.
Just to add that demand is very high with ski schools for the holidays and half term, so contact them and book as soon as you can.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WindOfChange wrote:
Some ski-schools are set up around the Sat-Sat model as this is how accommodation is normally let.
That being said, some ski schools will sell group lessons by the day, so no worries if your chosen school goes down that route.
Just to add that demand is very high with ski schools for the holidays and half term, so contact them and book as soon as you can.

Thanks very much , it won’t be in the holidays we are aiming to go 9-16th Jan .
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
New Generation run group lessons Monday - Friday, but they are morning lessons, 9.15-12.15.

Is your concern the amount of time you'll have in the morning to pick up ski hire, lift passes etc and get to the meeting point?

There's plenty of hire shops right at the base of the Pleney gondola that you could use to reduce the time it takes, but you'll have to still be a bit militant to ensure you're on time. Lift pass issue can be alleviated by pre ordering and having them delivered to the UK.

I imagine if you contacted a hire shop right near the lift prior to arrival whilst booking, you could provide, height, weight, foot size etc and they could have equipment ready to go that you could try on quickly so you can get up the hill.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks very much , yes that was my concern getting ski equipment sorted prior to meeting up .I usually use Mathias Sport via Alpin Resort hire online as a pre booking , MS is near the Pleney lift anyway so hopefully it’s doable on the Monday morning .
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WindOfChange wrote:

Are there any ski schools you can recommend who may do the group lessons by the day ? Thank you
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@andolini, as already pointed out you can order the lift pass in advance, and the lessons, ready for the first morning. When we were tight on timing in Morzine we used a company called All Mountain Rental (they have a website) to order hire skis in advance - they came to our apartment that first evening to fit them, based on the information we provided in advance. My wife swears theirs were the best skis she has ever had.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andolini wrote:
Are there any ski schools you can recommend who may do the group lessons by the day ? Thank you

ESF used to offer this, but have been kinda closed recently. Check with them.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
j b wrote:
@andolini, as already pointed out you can order the lift pass in advance, and the lessons, ready for the first morning. When we were tight on timing in Morzine we used a company called All Mountain Rental (they have a website) to order hire skis in advance - they came to our apartment that first evening to fit them, based on the information we provided in advance. My wife swears theirs were the best skis she has ever had.

Thanks for the tip on All Mountain Rental , they say they do a price match as well which is very useful .Many thanks
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Latest ECM update via YR.NO shows daytime max of -5c at 1200m on sun-mon and about 40cm. Starting Friday, 3 weeks since the last snow Smile lucky guess. Possibly more coming 1-3rd dec

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
After two years of trips to Les gets being cancelled. I think me and my wife can go this year.

Originally we were booked in with chalet delevay but sadly ski2 are not running the chalet this year. So I am looking for recommendations, preferably catered chalet as we like the end of day making new friends over dinner. We are looking towards the cheaper end of catered chalets, which is probably hard to find in Les gets, but I thought worth a go.

Does anyone have any recommendations that might match what I am looking for, or should I look at other resorts, or ski areas?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@dorhar, don’t know of any apart from a mate who has a 5 bed near slopes, not cheap but pm if you want details

About 20cm so far at 1300m. Snow needs to compress as it’s hard work not sinking

latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers @polo. The Chavannes webcam was showing a small group up the crest heading towards Nauchets' top and indeed they were up to their knees. But I'm sure they enjoyed the downhill (maybe via the bowl?)

And there's a new webcam for Perrières!

Here we go, I'm excited again despite the late season start.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks Polo, Looks wonderful.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So, we have had around 50cm in Morzine town so far. Slightly more higher up, although there’s not a huge difference.
Touring around the local area, the snow is so light that anything steeper than 25^ (say) and we were hitting the bottom in places. The shallower stuff is great. It is still snowing lightly and the forecast is for considerably more over the coming week. All in all, an epic start.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@zzz, I hope you weren't on your carbon sticks ... Shocked
snow report
Les Gets opens 3-4 lifts this weekend ahead of schedule

It’s gotta be the best start to a season since at least 2012? With another 80-100cm possible out to next weekend.
snow conditions
@under a new name, aren’t they all carbon these days?
latest report
polo wrote:
Les Gets opens 3-4 lifts this weekend ahead of schedule

It’s gotta be the best start to a season since at least 2012? With another 80-100cm possible out to next weekend.
Yes I've just seen that, and am prepared to queue at Nauchets! I guess that also means the pistes are being prepared... lucky you!
snow report
@patrick!, they started bashing this morning....makes it easier to skin up as well so will be back up there on Friday, change of scenery tomorrow
latest report
@polo,

Not sure how to private message, but yes please do send me the details of the chalet, I am guessing I am out of luck but as all chalets tend to be relatively at the pricier end and I am sort of keen to go to Les gets now might stretch my budget a bit.
ski holidays
Help…What’s the best way to get from Geneva airport to Morizine on Tuesday Dec 13th flight arriving at 13.45pm for one person. Car hire £250 for 4 days, Alpybus not running on the Tuesday.
snow conditions
@Thunderer21, You could get the Train to Cornavain, change train to the Leman Express to Thonon and then the T71 bus from Thonon Gare.
ski holidays
Don't tell anyone, but Avoriaz is opening this weekend.
https://en.calameo.com/read/002827892ca6bda056431
latest report
@WindOfChange, thanks sounds a plan !!
snow conditions
@Thunderer21, @WindOfChange has already given you the idea, but here is the options in Rome2Rio

https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Geneva-Airport-GVA/Morzine

Looks as though there's also an option of bus right the way from Geneva as well.
snow conditions
Thanks for your help,
latest report
From best to worst day of the season over next 24hrs....shame it's going to rain so much on the lower pistes most of tomorrow, very windy as well so opening day a complete write off in my books. Turning to snow in the evening down to 1000m into Sun/Mon. Tues will be another cracking day before the next storm reloads on Wednesday.

Quick 1min conditions update from lunchtime today.....the teenager didn't seem to understand simple commands like "wait a sec" so he was mostly out of sight.

http://youtube.com/v/xGLIbo9qAEM
snow report
Quiet on here - are you all out clearing your driveways?

This is at Braitaz at La Chapelle 1800m

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Ozboy, Left La Chapelle two weeks ago and there was no snow......
snow conditions
Ozboy wrote:
Quiet on here - are you all out clearing your driveways?

This is at Braitaz at La Chapelle 1800m

Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
@Matt1959, more to come tomorrow with avalanche level at 5 at all elevations.
ski holidays
@Ozboy, Hopefully jumping in the car and driving over just after Christmas for a month!
latest report
Ozboy wrote:
Quiet on here
Just waiting for the weekend! More heavy snow tomorrow...
latest report
Traffic chaos trying to get to Avoriaz, Prodains road blocked from 9am, then tried Ardent, also closed.

Back in LG now, no issues
snow report
Chopper is busy though

4097-E418-24-AA-43-FE-909-F-2-C6-AB7-F8-A60-C

E8-BD2-AFC-6872-4-D16-988-F-9-E5-BA97-C9-E1-C

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 11-12-21 12:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I've never ridden that black Gazelle piste on the left of your first photo, how does it hold up?
Hoping to arrive there in just over a weeks time.
ski holidays
@BoardieK, not open yet, plenty of ski tourers slogging up.
I prefer the red, or the north side, but yeah will depend on temps next week. There’s a flattish section in the middle too so can get stuck on snowboard if don’t pick right line / speed in fresh snow.

Still snowing lightly
ski holidays
Snow deeper today than I’ve ever seen in Dec.

Piste / off piste lines blurred

You could point a phone anywhere and take great pics / vid but thought this one was a bit different

A35-B4-B06-E003-43-BE-A685-B005-E5845-A2-A
snow conditions
@polo, nice!
latest report
@telford_mike, cheers Mike, it’s hard to argue with good snow and some pretty lights.

Dog didn’t seem bothered, couldn’t wait to get back to the fire
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy