Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booked my first solo trip to Soll and can't wait!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well I've booked my first solo trip and I can't wait. A long weekend in Sol, Jan 6th to 10th. I couldn't refuse the flights at £103 return +bags of your choice.

I'm really looking forward to cruising round and stop when I feel like it, having a beer and a bit of nice food. Might have to hold back on the Blacks and speed for this one!

Any decent bars?

Gaz
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some good info here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2690650
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In town the Whisky Muhle Irish pub was/is good fun, lively. Good beer in Austria.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That’s other thread is a bit out of date given 2 of the first 3 pubs aren’t around anymore.

Whisky Muhle
S’Austria
JamJar

Head for which ever one has a band you like.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As @andybomb1 says...

Whisky Muhle - British manager and (was) staff, not sure what impact B****t will have on that, acoustic music in the small no-smoking bar upstairs with good value and tasty bar snacks. Bigger space downstairs for bands and louder stuff. Excellent steak restaurant up above.

S'Austria - was converted and opened when I was there in 2018, had a great atmosphere on opening night, still good when a band is on

JamJar - small basement bar with excellent beer which gets hot and sweaty and very crammed when the music is on, which frequently features the British owner who liked singing in bars so much he bought one
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gaz_H, cant help with the bars. Söll has a great toboggan run, which is floodlit too. It runs from the mid station (Hochsöll) down to the main lift station, you can hire toboggans at the the lift station. Easy to do repeats using the gondola. Not so many black runs, a couple from the top of the Hohe Salve, the one on the south is short but fairly steep, not so easy in the spring after being exposed to the sun, though not an issue in January. The best run in Skiwelt is the return run from Westendorf back to Brixen, mostly a long red, as it is north facing and mostly tree lined it keeps the snow well, there is a steeper "black" section in the middle but there is a path around if you dont fancy it or it is icy.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When I went the hotel and bars were great and Incredibly cheap, but it was not cold enough so the skiing was very icy and bumpy. Hohe Salve was steeper than I expected.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Where did you get the accommodation? Was it single room or is there a supplement to pay?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@denizente,

Check for accommodation on the SkiWelt website. If you’re looking in advance you pretty much need to go Saturday to Saturday. If it’s within a week anything goes.

Söll can be hard enough to find a place but there’s always something in Westendorf which is not a bad thing. It’s just a bit quiet for a solo trip.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi .... I managed to get this place for 198 euro for single room

https://www.booking.com/hotel/at/ga-stehaus-albert-gerti-sillaber.html

Gaz
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy