Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Knee feels like it needs to click

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Had a trip to the fridge last night and did a couple of hours. First time I've skied since Feb 2020. I have been a bit lax recently too with exercise and haven't done squats/lunges etc for well over a month. (ps. lesson learned, I won't go skiing again without prep work!).

Whilst skiing, I couldn't get over the sensation that if felt like my knee, or more accurately my knee cap, needed to click (like cracking your knucles). The exact point was just under each knee cap and to the side (the inside of each leg). When I was getting changed later, the same area looked a little puffy.

No other symptoms. My knees feel absolutely fine now. No swelling. No pain. No feeling like it needs to click.

Any ideas what that could be? And is that something I should be getting checked out?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Suggestion 1: MTFU
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Frosty the Snowman, I am suitably chastised.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Explanation 1: Welcome to getting old, where you get transitory symptoms, that come from nowhere - and often disappear as mysteriously.

Suggestion 2: Ease into fitness. Use Trigger point roller on Hips/Gluts/IT bands/Quads/Hamstrings/Calves/Shins. Use Golf Ball on sole of feet.

If symptom still there after a month - see Physio or Osteopath.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Timmycb5, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm with OF - if I worried every time a felt a bit of twanging I'd be worrying a lot.

Chill or do what Frosty said Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all.

I shall take an extra 5 ml of MTFU, do some more exercise and just crack on.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Before you go skiing hold your patella between your thumb and index finger with some gentle pressure. Then lift your leg up and down between 180 degrees and 90 degrees while being seated. That should do it!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bigtipper wrote:
Before you go skiing hold your patella between your thumb and index finger with some gentle pressure. Then lift your leg up and down between 180 degrees and 90 degrees while being seated. That should do it!

Cracking like a Glow Stick is all part of the fun of getting old. Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy