Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying new skies / FISCHER Rc4 Super comp 20

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone, starting from the fact that I am an intermediate skier and I ski 80/90% on slopes and 20% off-piste. I wanted to ask you for more information about some skis. These are the Fischer fc4 super comp 20. Are they also good for off-piste or just on tracks? And I would like to know the ideal length for me (I'm 179cm tall and weigh 68kg). I will paste the link to the skis and also the link to all the skis available in the store near me. You can freely recommend some skies more suitable for my needs (budget +- 350 eu). Thanks

https://www.decathlon.it/p/sci-pista-adulto-fischer-rc4-super-comp-20-attacchi-rs-10/_/R-p-X8627987
https://www.decathlon.it/browse/c0-tutti-gli-sport/c1-sci/c3-sci-uomo/_/N-7c09mf?Nf=sku.modelLowestPrice%7CBTWN+124+319
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't comment on those Decathlon Skis - but just make some general (personal) observations.

For almost total Piste Skiing - look to a Piste Ski (Waist: 68 - 75).....165 - 170 cm

For mostly Piste, but a bit of Off Piste - look to a narrow All Mountain Ski (Waist: 80 - 85).....170 -175 cm

For a good mixture of On and Off - look to a wider All Mountain Ski (Waist: 88 - 93).......170 - 175 cm

Personally, as you are quite light, I would go for skis on the more playful end of the spectrum, unless you charge about at high speed, with decent technique.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 12-10-21 21:00; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Atomic Ben Chetler 100, 180cm.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Old Fartbag, they are not Decathlon skis, the OP is asking about Fischer RC4s ( the first link)

Given their size underfoot would be considered purely on-piste rather than off?

117-73-101 cm (il 160cm)
RAGGIO 15 m (il 160 cm)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ster wrote:
@Old Fartbag, they are not Decathlon skis, the OP is asking about Fischer RC4s ( the first link)

Given their size underfoot would be considered purely on-piste rather than off?

117-73-101 cm (il 160cm)
RAGGIO 15 m (il 160 cm)

I realise that - but it was lazy wording on my part....as by Decathlon Skis, I meant the skis that were linked to, at Decathlon.

I agree that those listed are Piste oriented skis.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 13-10-21 8:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't know whether they have changed much but several years ago I bought the Fischer RC4 Race RC which seem pitched at a similar level- good intermediate to advanced

They are a kind of lock and load ski- good edge grip on hard pack, very nicely stable at speed even at 175 length- but I certainly wouldn't count them as a floaty ski off piste! They will not float - you can use them off piste but have to put in quite a bit of work, either steering long turns like a speedboat ploughing through the snow or doing jump turns if steep.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@CH2O, could you compare the BentChentler 100 to the Rustler 9?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy