Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marks & Sparks keenly priced Thermals

Poster: A snowHead
Following on from the "Polypropylene for the best base layer?" thread, I've been looking at various base layer options on the likes of Sports Pursuit (Icebreaker etc), and elsewhere.

My favourite combo was Icebreaker Zone but the top seriously fell apart and they are VERY expensive, not too sure if my vast amounts of sweat corroded the material, the same is true of my Paramo shorts & trousers, which I must send back as they are guaranteed for life!

I do have some very old Icebreaker Merinos which I still use for various activities, not least under my wetsuit!

And recently I found in the bottom of a draw this, which is a Hely Hansen polypropylene/polyester mix, so why the bottom of a drawer? I just never really liked it, especially next to my skin, presume it was the artificial fabric mix?

I happened to be in my local M&S and was pleasantly surprised to see how keen their pricing was on men's wear, and as per their heritage as it were in the underwear section they had a broad range of tops & bottoms, I also went online and it's certainly a big range!

I opted to purchase a double pack of the light warmth thermal vests at £22.50, and their blurb states
Heatgen™ technology to create a cosy, lightweight base layer. Regular fit with Flexifit™ 360 degree stretch, so your vest moves with you and holds its shape. Heat-sealed labels and super soft seams that feel gentle against your skin. Moisture-wicking fabric keeps you dry and comfortable.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/2-pack-light-warmth-thermal-vests/p/clp60461931?color=BLACK#intid=prodColourId-60461931

It's actually good enough to wear as a casual top and does feel really good next to the skin, and it almost is a shame to get it sweaty, and just wearing it I can feel how warm it is, not needing to wear a sweat shirt as well when out, though temps are somewhat unseasonal at the moment.

And I also bought a Medium Thermal layer (£15) and that is like a light sweatshirt, again feels really good next to the skin and good enough to wear just on its own.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/thermal-medium-warmth-long-sleeve-vest/p/clp60464356?color=GREY#intid=prodColourId-60464355

So will probably try the lighter ones running this week and see how they perform, though it might still be short sleeve vest weather.

At these prices, they're extremely good value and better than anything on the likes of Sports Pursuit etc

I Will report back, the proof will be, do they still hold their shape etc after numerous run/wash cycles?

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Weathercam, My son and daughter are fans of M&S heatgen thermals and they have medium and light weight versions and they definitely last very well.
They are fussy about about certain fabrics, but these are apparently very good. M&S may not be a cool brand for people in their 20’s but my lot are happy to wear the base layers out and my daughter particularly like the thermal polo necks.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always get them - they're great. Easy to wash, not itchy, and I wear the tops at home on cold days.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Winter draw(er)s on! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Big, yes. Their stuff is too big for me these days. Be very careful with their sizing - even when is has the measurement in cm on the tag, it's all bigger than it claims.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Try decathlon. The isosoft versions are favourite, and very very good vy for money.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have M&S thermals (synthetic) bought over 10 years ago still going ok after being used for skiing, cycling, sailing, gardening etc etc.
They are zip neck ones, although eventually the zip has gone on a couple of them.
Having said that, for skiing I prefer my Icebreaker which just about lasts a week stink-free.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I like mons royale.. it stands up to wear.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm lucky, live right by the outlet shops for mons and icebreaker, can buy it for almost throw away prices.

Personally much prefer the mons stuff. Always longer in the body and arms and looks a bit better. Lasts forever.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks to this thread - I've just bought some of their Maximum weight breathable Thermal Bottoms - which are a Merino Wool blend and cost £22.50. They are warm and soft against the skin.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Weathercam, but ... 29% cotton?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well done @Weathercam,
Its hard to beat M&S stuff.
I use the tops all the time during the winter.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name wrote:
@Weathercam, but ... 29% cotton?

One of the reasons I went for the Heavy Weight version, is it has no Cotton in the blend.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

soft against the skin.

SMH…
WTF has happened to the Oirish? rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
AL9000 wrote:
Quote:

soft against the skin.

SMH…
WTF has happened to the Oirish? rolling eyes

S'Ok - I've lined them with sandpaper.
snow report
Must confess, I wear Decathlon wicking layer with normally a thermal layer above. Not best for odour control but work for me.

And I probs have enough for a very long time Shocked
snow conditions
@Old Fartbag, Good man.
ski holidays
AL9000 wrote:
@Old Fartbag, Good man.

Standards need maintained! rolling eyes
ski holidays
Old Fartbag wrote:
AL9000 wrote:
@Old Fartbag, Good man.

Too late.
I hear @Thornyhill is using hair gel now Sad
snow conditions
AL9000 wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:
AL9000 wrote:
@Old Fartbag, Good man.

Too late.

Where's he putting that!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Old Fartbag wrote:
AL9000 wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:
AL9000 wrote:
@Old Fartbag, Good man.

Too late.

Where's he putting that!! Toofy Grin

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
I like mons royale.. it stands up to wear.

Me too but it’s eye wateringly expensive!
ski holidays
Old Fartbag wrote:
AL9000 wrote:
@Old Fartbag, Good man.

Damn right… Madeye-Smiley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/58942834
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy