Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayerhofen Penkenbahn good place for lunch

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are a party of 18 (mix of skiers and non skiers) we are looking for a recommmendation to have a double 60th birthday lunch at the top of the Penkenbahn gondola. I know there are 2 or 3 resturants at the top, could someone recommend the best one for food !! Thank you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Assuming you want to make the most of the experiance, I'd recommend the Gschosswandhutte. It is a short easy ski or walk along the Wanderweg from the Penkenbahn. You can ski out or walk back to the lift. Definately book well in advance though, especially if the weather dictates that you eat inside.
https://www.gschoesswandhaus.at/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Schneekarhütte but I don't know how easy it would be for non skiers.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Schneekar cannot be reached by non skiers from the Penken side, the non skiers would need to get a bus down to the Hobergbhan and then go up from there, but its fairly easy, one gondola and then one 8 man chair. Schneekar is an excellent choice if your thinking fine dining.

easier to reach and perhaps a bit more "enjoyable" for non skiers would be the VolksAlm hutte which is easily accessible from the Penken, take the access gondola and then walk (50m) to the kombi lift (half gondola / half chair), VolksAlm is right at the top exit, very good food (not fine dining), a beautiful new hutte built in an old style and has live music on every afternoon. guests could then download in reverse and be in the centre of the village. The Volks Alm also allows your guest to experience some on mountain Apres at the top lift station venues before heading down.

Another option would be the Grantalm, which is accessed from the Finkenberg lift, again would require a short bus ride before catching the lift but the food is excellent and the hutte has lots of separate areas which can be booked out for private meals, nice bit terrace, but does lack the views and the atmosphere of the VolksAlm.

I would personally not bother with the 3 venues at the top of the access list they are more canteen / bar type set ups, but certainly pop in for a jeager tea on the way home.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your help, the Gschoesswandhaus sounds ideal
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy