Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian chalet booking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I'm trying to book a ski holiday in Austria for 7 people. Ideally 2nd or 3rd week of Jan 2022. Some are German speakers hence why Austria is preferred.

We've only used operators when booking in the past but i've heard booking a whole chalet, without an operator, can be cost beneficial.

Can any kind souls on here guide me to a reputable website?

We're looking for a resort which is "easily" accessible and have plenty of blues as most of the group are beginners

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I guess much may depend on “easily” accessible? Walking/bus/car?

You could do a whole lot worse than checking out Haus Susanne, Radstadt https://austrian-adventures.com/

The Ski Amade offers some awesome skiing options and Radstadt itself would be great for beginners.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Cacciatore, I was going to recommend Haus Susanne but you beat me to it! snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ben and Ange popular as ever!! However, if they're full, drop a line by email to Dan@snowslippers.co.uk who has loads of contacts in the Ski Amade area and can help with direct bookings. He and his owner contacts normally do school groups but they're not taking the risk yet so there is spare capacity out there if you know where to look.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Embarassed Embarassed oooo.... You've made me blush xx
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi - if this helps . . . . . I only book for four people, previously booked Austria (x4) & France (x2) and have always done this by booking apartments / chalets myself. I arrange flights, car / transfer, accom and ski lifts & hire all myself. I take account of cost in resort for food & beer etc as well. I have always found that this is significantly better (and cheaper) than using a dedicated operator. I tend to choose areas where operators don't go because we prefer the less touristy places. I really like the choices in all areas of the booking and get things that suit me and the rest of the skiers. I can get by in French & German and this DOES help alot in resort.

This year we have booked just outside Radstadt for skiing from Zauchensee, as it opens up a good area of the Ski Amade. 20mins drive to resort, lots of blues and the odd challenging reds, then we have a good choice of apre-ski or eating out on a night.

Look out for things like early paying discounts of ski hire & other things if budget is a concern.

The only down sides i can think of are that it takes a lot of time to sift through all the info that is out there and this year, car hire in Austria is expensive!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The local tourism website of wherever you want to stay will have lots of properties. We’ve also used Belvilla before. Never had an issue.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy