Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for chalets or hotels with single rooms

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I ski with a friend who has not fully appreciated my many charms and values her privacy and therefore wants a single room. We are both reasonably competent skiers, both on and off piste dispite being OAPs. Always a problem finding accomadation without hugh supplements so seeking any recommendations, relative to skiing that is! Many thanks in anticipation of the boundless knowledge of Snowheads.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@peter w, I'll kick of with the solo situation wrt the Bashes.
It's full now but solo rooms on the PSB are pretty reasonably priced and fairly plentiful.
Similarly on the EoSB, which does have space but is still quite some time away.
PreBBWUW usually has quite a few, although they're all full now.
On the other bashes, solo places exist but are fairly limited in number so tend to get booked quickly after the buttons go up.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@peter w, admin has already covered the accommodation used on bashes, so I'll mention a few other places where I've had good value single accommodation.

Firstly in Les Deux Alpes in France I've stayed several times in the Hotel Les Lutins. It's centrally located, just a few yards from the main Jandri lift. It's B&B only (you didn't mention whether you were looking for B&B or Half Board only), but there are plenty of nearby places to eat in the evening. Smile Currently showing a single room in January for about 670 Euros for 7 nights i.e about 96 Euros per day.

In Wengen in Switzerland for the last 5 years or so I've stayed at the Hotel Edelweiss, very friendly staff and good value for Switzerland. Single room B&B (a very good breakfast too) is CHF95 per day. They do an evening meal option, 4 course fixed menu (changes every day) for CHF30 extra per person.

In Austria fellow snowHead flangesax's place in Radstadt has rooms at €80 per night single use (and cheaper special rates on certain dates), with the option of half board usually available for a supplement: https://www.austrian-adventures.com/accommodationandprices.html#pricing-table1-18

Hope this helps. snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@peter w, a lot of Austrian resort websites allow you to do an accommodation search and offer plenty of single rooms. Www.saalbach.com/en is one example and a quick search for 2 single rooms 8th to 15th Jan has a cheapest price of under 400 euros per room bed and breakfast. Flachau is another good tourist office website to search. Just check the description of the room carefully as some are cheaper because they have a shower on the floor rather than ensuite for example.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy