Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 3 Vallées 2021/22 - Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens etc

Poster: A snowHead
info on end of season lifts here (assume similar in other parts of the 3 vallees)

https://www.latania.co.uk/resort/week/endlifts.pdf
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I assume everything is open as of now, weather permitting? Thinking of popping out this weekend
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@8611, as per @kitenski’s link above, lifts are slowly starting to wind down for the season - in Courchevel today Coqs is now closed, Marmottes, Foret and a few more close at the weekend but you should still be able to access most of the area using other lifts.
Conditions still pretty good - great spring snow on piste if you get your timing right, and still some cold snow to be skied on higher North-facing slopes off piste. Pretty quiet this week on the whole.
…and to add to the previous posts last weekend was some of the best skiing of the season - was raging around the 3V accompanying Jr and 2 of his mates who were during the 3V Enduro on Sunday - mid thigh cold smoke above Saint Martin and up high in Mottaret - properly deep!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
orange wrote:
Not the best start to our holiday - checkin this AM turned round and my 9 year old is unconscious on the floor ! Came round but quite unwell then started being sick. So that’s that for our holiday - she’s fine we think EDIT: She is seeing a Doc in a couple of hours, edited so i appeared like less of a heartless bug !. She had a bit of a bug last week but seemed to have recovered - clearly not ! Hope the travel insurance comes to the party. Such a shame as she has been absolutely hanging out to go skiing for the last almost 2 years.

@orange
Sorry to hear about your daughter, hope she makes a speedy recovery and that your insurance covers any costs
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

The implications?

It wouldn't surprise me if we get a metre but we will probably get a lot of rain below 2000m.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
GFS?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bassman wrote:
GFS?

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=14852
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi I have the chance to go Meribel on 9th for a week, or Val Thorens on the 16th (for a week). Never been to 3V. Bit concerned we might just get rain the next few days in Meribel. Which would you choose? Thanks.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@238DXC, If it's Meribel Centre go to Val T. Check the Chaudannes webcam and you'll see why.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

@238DXC, If it's Meribel Centre go to Val T. Check the Chaudannes webcam and you'll see why.

Ah yes. That doesn't look great. Also an offer of Tignes for the second week. Think I'll check out some webcams. Thanks!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@238DXC, therel also be a lot of snowHead in VT that week on the EOSB
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

@238DXC, therel also be a lot of in VT that week on the EOSB

Aha wasn't aware. I doubt there are places left but that looks great.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@238DXC, 8º and raining hard at 850m down below Courchevel today - from Meribel you can get up high quite easily, but if I had the option of being based in Tignes or Val T I would probably go with that...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rain snow level in Meribel earlier was between 1800 and 2000 give or take. Absolutely throwing it down in le Raffort.

I'd go VT from 16th for piste skiing but I fully expect next week to deliver in Meribel.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wind and poor viz at the top of St Martin this morning, but fresh snow! Lapped Jerusalem at lunchtime in fresh snow and virtually had the place to ourselves.
snow report
Thanks very much all - great response and very helpful. I've booked VT from 16th.
ski holidays
238DXC wrote:
Thanks very much all - great response and very helpful. I've booked VT from 16th.

Great stuff! Very Happy Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Still raining in Meribel. Avalanche level now 4 and quite a lot of blasting earlier. Sat in the Tougnete bubble trying to find the rain snow line but with no success so far.
ski holidays
@gorilla, it's borderline rain/snow in Val Thorens resort. A few lifts here closed because of Avalanche blasting.
latest report
Any ideas of how the road conditions are on the way to Val Thorens - I've never had to use snow chains on my Easter trip before, but Saturday could be the first time. Just curious about how quickly the roads get cleared.
latest report
@Handy Turnip, I drove up last Saturday and there were a few cars getting into bother near VT because they were on summer tyres. The conditions of the road will depend on when this front blows through, I guess.
snow report
Thanks @grumpygargoyle, really useful to know. Less snow expected on Saturday, and so am hoping I'll be able to get in on winter tyres without the need to put the snow chains on. But we'll see!
ski holidays
I was in an underpowered Skoda on winters and was ok. Good luck with the drive, I'll wave on my way down.
latest report
@Handy Turnip, I've seen roads clear very quickly without even being ploughed due to the tarmac being warmer to start with and then a hint of sun is so much stronger in April than mid winter!
ski holidays
Thanks @kitenski, fingers crossed!!!
latest report
Just done a booze run down to Moutiers from St Martin. The only road issue at the moment is fog. Wouldn’t expect chains to be needed at this time of year, but carry them anyway as (I think), it’s a legal requirement until the end of season.
latest report
It's a legal requirement to carry snow chains in the mountain départements rom 1 November 2021 until 31 March 2022. So not required anymore but certainly a good idea given this weekend!
snow report
Staying in Les Menuires for the week. Tomorrow looks like the best day. Wondering whether to stick round here and take advantage or get over to Courcheval. Skiing off piste where possible.

What would you do?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Layne wrote:
Wondering whether to stick round here and take advantage or get over to Courcheval.

Is that near Courchevel? Or Vel D'Isare? Puzzled Toofy Grin
snow report
@Bergmeister, don't. It's a lost cause. (And drives me nuts.)
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
@Bergmeister, don't. It's a lost cause. (And drives me nuts.)

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
@Layne, stay where you are and probably go up to VT. Meribel valley skiing ok above 2000m but off piste basically shot below that.
snow report
Solid powder day above St Martin and then off Les Masses. Snow warmed rapidly and spent the afternoon on the green runs with mini gorilla two.
snow report
@Bergmeister, @Hurtle, really if such stuff stresses you then you have a very easy life

@gorilla, we did under Cote Brune first thing and then worked our way round Val T. Bit knackered by 2:30 so cruised a few pistes and back to the hut.

Rest of the week looks 'interesting' weather wise.
snow conditions
Managed to get some skiing in with the kids in all 3 valleys today and have to say that conditions (on piste) are very good for this time of year Eh oh!

Also it seems to be particularly quiet, the only lift queue we experienced was between verdons and vizelle gondola late morning
snow conditions
Am in VT this week and agree that so far it doesn’t seem as busy as some other Easters

Weather today was amazing, walk to wall sunshine after yesterdays snow

Shame it doesn’t look like the sunshine will last the whole week
ski holidays
Layne wrote:
@Bergmeister, @Hurtle, really if such stuff stresses you then you have a very easy life.

I'm not stressed in the least. I was attempting to be humorous (& obviously failed Shocked ) about a common misnomer. For some reason it's the only ski town that's regularly misspelled on here.

Apologies for any offence caused.
latest report
@Bergmeister, no worries. I was a bit knackered so maybe over reacted. Funnily enough was going up Pas de Lac earlier and a teenager messaging someone for a meet up asked his sister how to spell Courch.... I listened intently and she got it right Smile Smile
snow report
@Bergmeister, no worries. I was a bit knackered so maybe over reacted. Funnily enough was going up Pas de Lac earlier and a teenager messaging someone for a meet up asked his sister how to spell Courch.... I listened intently and she got it right Smile Smile
snow conditions
Bergmeister wrote:
Layne wrote:
@Bergmeister, @Hurtle, really if such stuff stresses you then you have a very easy life.

I'm not stressed in the least. I was attempting to be humorous (& obviously failed Shocked ) about a common misnomer. For some reason it's the only ski town that's regularly misspelled on here.

Apologies for any offence caused.
+1
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy