Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French Health Pass

Poster: A snowHead
@ptex, worst possible situation then, by the sound of it. Some U.K. certs work, and some don’t. At least here in CH they’re all rejected, so tourists know they have to get a test, though the cost of this (CHF70 per person every 48 hours) will put a lot of people off visiting, understandably. This will apply when the current certificate 'amnesty' comes to an end on 24th October.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can’t help I’m afraid. I scanned my NHS cert into TAC, Mrs DJL just used her NHS cert. Both worked
OK with TAC Verif. This was around 14-28 Aug.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DJL wrote:
Can’t help I’m afraid. I scanned my NHS cert into TAC, Mrs DJL just used her NHS cert. Both worked
OK with TAC Verif. This was around 14-28 Aug.

Not a chance with that here, but things are changing quickly, so fingers crossed that some sort of pan-european solution appears soon.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
TAC works fine with my NHS certificates (Pfizer for both). I get the green tick on TACverif.

Edited to add - same for my wife.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@snowdave, Me too with AZ same for Mrs BS
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@ptex I’m sure you’ve already tried adding your most recent vaccination/test/recovery - not your first vaccination.
Both AZ vaxs, including one eu-dodgey batch
It worked in September on the FR AntiCovid app (scanning QR code for 2nd vaccine on NHS Travel (not Domestic)).
It works now having tested +ve PCR for Covid (scanning QR code for “Covid recovery” on NHS Travel (not Domestic)).
I’m sure you’ll crack it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just for clarity, if I download the Tous Anti Covid (TAC) and upload my vaccination certificate into it is that the equivalent of the Pass Sanitacion?

I've done just that and it accepted my NHS generated Covid Pass. I was AZ vaccinated. I had to download the pass onto a PC and scan that QR code. Worked ok (was surprised!)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@FrediKanoute, correct. The TAC app, with the appropriate vaccine cert or test within 72 hours is the PS
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@FrediKanoute, one minor issue - remember that the Covid Pass on the NHS App has a one month duration. The French TAC recognises that expiry so you need to reload it before another trip.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
the family and I are meant to be travelling down to Tours and Arcachon end of this week, then we split with the wife and kid going to Paris and myself to Menorca.
both my wife and I have the app downloaded and our vaccines uploaded, but because my 14-year-old daughter tested positive back in august I'm a little worried she may randomly test positive again whilst we are in France even though she should be exempt with a letter of recovery uploaded to the app, but for the life of me I can't get this app to accept the letter, it's always in the wrong format!
part of me feels like the restaurants etc should accept the test cert or letter of recovery instead of the app but reading through these comments I'm just not sure?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
j b wrote:
@FrediKanoute, one minor issue - remember that the Covid Pass on the NHS App has a one month duration. The French TAC recognises that expiry so you need to reload it before another trip.
Another urban myth.

The TAC Verif app still reads my NHS PDF that expired on August 20th as valid because it's checking vaccination status, not certificate status. It's doubly irrelevant if you upload the NHS certificate into the TAC app as there's (currently) no expiry date for the vaccinations. This may change if 3rd dose booster shots become commonplace/mandatory but that's months away yet.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Noakes, what letter did you get? My 13 yo has recently had and recovered from covid too. I don't think it's possible to get it onto TAC any way.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

This may change if 3rd dose booster shots become commonplace/mandatory but that's months away yet.

Boosters are commonplace now - I had mine Friday. Clinics and GPs will be offering them to all those eligible.

How the App is updated to reflect this is a different matter.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Raceplate, interesting.

Before we went to France recently we checked our TAC apps and found the certificates were now labelled "expired". Printing off new NHS certificates and scanning those in produced a TAC certificate that was current. I may have been wrong in assuming the issue was the UK expiry date being picked up in the French system, but others do need to be aware they may need to reload.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If you have the NHS app, just take a screenshot of the most recent QR code from the covid pass section, then you can import this to the TAC app. Saves printing, and a can be done on the go.
snow conditions
@j b, PCR/Antigen tests have an expiry date in TAC, vaccinations don't.

The NHS certificate is for vaccination status and you do not need to reload vaccination status in TAC. If you don't believe me, download the TAC Verif app, do a screenshot of your TAC 2nd vaccination QR code and test it yourself.

I have only ever loaded one NHS certificate into TAC which was issued on the 20th July. It's still valid, I tested it 10 minutes ago. It's also the same one I used at French customs when returning to the UK after it had "expired" by your definition.
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
@Noakes, what letter did you get? My 13 yo has recently had and recovered from covid too. I don't think it's possible to get it onto TAC any way.
we paid for a private GP proof of recovery letter, but it didn't upload! there seems to be a massive black hole between the 12 to 16-year-old age group with the NHS app and travel to France...
ski holidays
Boris wrote:
Quote:

This may change if 3rd dose booster shots become commonplace/mandatory but that's months away yet.

Boosters are commonplace now - I had mine Friday. Clinics and GPs will be offering them to all those eligible.

How the App is updated to reflect this is a different matter.

I meant it will be months (probably more like a year) before it becomes mandatory to have a 3rd dose for a valid Pass Sanitaire. The percentage of the population with one at the moment is far too small for it to be a reasonable requirement for travel.
snow report
@Raceplate, there's obviously something I don't understand about it. Looking just now, my TAC "Wallet" has 4 certificates, a pair marked "Expired" and a pair which aren't (and were happily accepted a week ago). They are all for vaccination.

Maybe the expired ones would still be accepted by a restaurant, I never tried.
snow report
@j b, well I haven't tried it but logically, I would assume that the pair marked expired are marked as such only because they have been superseded by the later upload?

I can't see any upload/validity/expiry date on my TAC app for vaccination status, just the actual details of the vaccination. Are you using the latest app version? It was last updated on September 21 and I don't think it auto updates. There were problems with the early TAC versions not recognising UK certificates.

As before, download the TAC Verif app (which is what a restaurant would use) from the play store and test it yourself. Do a screenshot of your expired 2nd vaccination QR code and see if the Verif app still reads it as validé. It should do - I have scanned my expired paper certificate this afternoon as a test and it's still accepted.
snow conditions
Quote:

I tried it in September with the same 2 apps - not a chance. Weird? We also tried the Italian, German and some generic 'green pass' thing. Out of interest, which jab did Mrs DJL have? I had AZ which wasn’t used in many EU countries (wasn’t used in CH either). I wonder whether that might have been the difference.

When TAC/TAC Verif launched there were issues with the UK QR codes not being accepted by the Verif app, despite the TAC app appearing to accept them and appearing in the carnet.

French gov fairly rapidly updated the Verif app and the iOS version seemed to auto update. Not so with Android. Unfortunately from my experience the vast majority of phones used for Verif are Android and required a manual update. Despite explaining that to a huge number of staff members, the general response was a shrug. A few days later a message appeared in TAC saying something along the lines of “NHS certs are now valid, if this doesn’t scan, you need to update your Verif app”. More shrugs.

However, with some foresight, the Verif app had to sync every 30 days in order to keep working, and updates were (apparently) forced at this point. Either way, the QR code from the NHS Website (the travel pass) happily imports into TAC and is read by Verif regardless of the brand of vaccine received.

It’s been working great since, however there is now a monthly requirement to log on to the NHS website to get a new 2D barcode and rescan that into TAC. A slight inconvenience if you forget to do this until you’re at the entrance of a restaurant, but aside from that you shouldn’t have any problems.
snow conditions
Noakes wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:
we paid for a private GP proof of recovery letter, but it didn't upload! there seems to be a massive black hole between the 12 to 16-year-old age group with the NHS app and travel to France...

Super interested in any progress you make on this. My 15year old is in bed at the moment with a PCR confirmed case of Covid, once recovered she will be getting a jab prior to Xmas. If only I could get those two bits of info accepted on TousCovid then she would be set for the season.
ski holidays
rjj501 wrote:
however there is now a monthly requirement to log on to the NHS website to get a new 2D barcode and rescan that into TAC.
I take you haven't read the posts further up the page.

Once again: You do not need to rescan it every 30 days. You do it once into TAC and that's it.
snow conditions
Raceplate wrote:
@j b, well I haven't tried it but logically, I would assume that the pair marked expired are marked as such only because they have been superseded by the later upload?

No, the reason we uploaded again was that the ones from last July were marked as expired. Happened with my wife's as well. I am pretty sure we updated the App after 21 Sept - we checked it prior to travelling on 25th, it says it is version 3.8.1.

Haven't played with the Verif app which would need a separate device.
snow report
My certificates are marked as "expired", I've not uploaded any new ones (still the original from a few months ago), but TAC Verif still gives me a big green tick.
latest report
snowdave wrote:
My certificates are marked as "expired", I've not uploaded any new ones (still the original from a few months ago), but TAC Verif still gives me a big green tick.
Exactly!
snow report
@j b, mine did the same, I've had to reload twice now as my ones keep saying Expired... Perhaps I'm doing it wrong, but like you, I haven't tried an expired one in a restaurant, so it might just work Puzzled
snow report
I uploaded my NHS QR code into TAC when it was first recognised, and mine doesn't say expired.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RobinS wrote:
I uploaded my NHS QR code into TAC when it was first recognised, and mine doesn't say expired.
Same here.
ski holidays
Can somebody with an expired certificate upload a screenshot?
snow report
so my 14 year old daughter has just tested positive on a lateral flow, she's not particularly ill, and we've taken a pcr test for her which we're awaiting results from. Does anyone know what evidence you have to upload to the french health pass to show she'd recovered from covid or is it just that she's had covid? We go skiing over christmas and she'll only be single vaccinated due to her age.
Cheers Rich
snow report
Rich D wrote:
so my 14 year old daughter has just tested positive on a lateral flow, she's not particularly ill, and we've taken a pcr test for her which we're awaiting results from. Does anyone know what evidence you have to upload to the french health pass to show she'd recovered from covid or is it just that she's had covid? We go skiing over christmas and she'll only be single vaccinated due to her age.
Cheers Rich

No good news for you on that score at the moment I'm afraid. it's a non!
ski holidays
@Rich D,

The single jab on the NHS cert will not show as a complete, as NHS do not recognise recovery and single as fully vaxed.

You can ask for a proof off recovery of NHS, but not if you are less than 16yrs old. The web portal and app refuse to let under 16s apply and the postal process makes it clear only 16+ can ask for a letter.

Another poster has paid for a private GP letter as proof of recovery, but it doesn't import into TousCovid (and even if it did the jab cert still would not have a complete QR code, as see point one).
snow report
I've applied for an NHS anti-body test for my 16 yr old - we now have to wait and see if they contact us to say he's eligible...
snow conditions
Raceplate wrote:
Can somebody with an expired certificate upload a screenshot?

[img] edit:deleted [/img]

can't get the image to work but the link does and it's to one of my partially anonymised TAC PS expired.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 12-10-21 23:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Exactly @Grinning. I've lost my temporary facility to post images, not that I would want to mess around pulling it off a phone app onto a laptop website. In my case I have the language set to English so the red message says "Expired".
snow conditions
@Grinning, well that certainly looks the same as mine except I don't have a red expired button. Weird. I uploaded my certificate in late July so it's pushing 3 months on the app. Could it be linked to the actual vaccination date? What was your 2nd date - could it perhaps be more than 6 months ago?
snow conditions
Raceplate wrote:
@Grinning, well that certainly looks the same as mine except I don't have a red expired button. Weird. I uploaded my certificate in late July so it's pushing 3 months on the app. Could it be linked to the actual vaccination date? What was your 2nd date - could it perhaps be more than 6 months ago?

Mine expired because I got Covid, now recovered and have a fresh NHS Covid Pass which has generated a fresh valid PS on TousAC
snow conditions
@Grinning, you got Covid in England or France?
latest report
Raceplate wrote:
@Grinning, you got Covid in England or France?
. UK
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy