Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva airport to Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Throwing a trip together in early March to VT for 4 adults (2 couples). It's a long time since I was in the Alps, so I'm feeling a bit clueless.

We are going from Wed to Mon and it seems our only option is to piece it together ourselves.

The bit I'm mainly struggling with is getting from the airport to VT. I'd rather not hire a car, unless that really is the best option.
Private transfers - Any idea on cost and how long to expect it to take? Any companies you'd recommend?
Any other cheaper options worth considering?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Train to Moutier, local bus to Val Thorens. There are bus companies doing the transfer but you will have to do your own research. Most only seem to run one bus a day. There are various combinations such as train Moutier, taxi to Val Thorens.

I would be seriously looking at the train from Geneva to Moutier and then plan from there. Car hire may proove cheeper than a taxi from the airport and may be similar in price to train/local bus
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@qanuk, Wonderful to hear you are going to VT, and the rest of the Three Valleys. It’s a fantastic resort, and always has packs of snow. I visit it every year in early January.

We always use this website to find the cheapest and best transfer:

https://www.findtransfers.com/

I have used them quite a few times now, and never been let down. And I have always been given great prices. Plus, they don’t charge the actual transfer companies a big percentage fee.

And, as there are four of you, I think you may find the minibus price you are offered, will be pretty cost-effective compared to renting a car or taking a train then a taxi.

For example, in 2019, we paid a total of €580 EUR for a return minibus from Geneva Airport to Val Thorens.

EDIT: Actually, other suggestions made here may be cheaper. Return train to Moutiers, plus the taxi works out about €400 in total for four people. But then again, you may need two taxis, or a minibus taxi, if you have a lot of luggage and skis etc.

www.findtransfers.com gives you an option to request a shared minibus, and that may be more cost-effective, although you may have to wait for other flights to land etc.

Have fun on the slopes!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 4-10-21 13:57; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnE wrote:
Train to Moutier, local bus to Val Thorens. There are bus companies doing the transfer but you will have to do your own research. Most only seem to run one bus a day. There are various combinations such as train Moutier, taxi to Val Thorens.

I would be seriously looking at the train from Geneva to Moutier and then plan from there. Car hire may proove cheeper than a taxi from the airport and may be similar in price to train/local bus

Just to point out it is Moutiers not Moutier (which is in Switzerland). There was one EoSB where someone got the train to the wrong one.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wed to Mon is not the best timing for transferts.... Usually they are running Sat to Sat and/or Sun to Sun..... And they are very expensives.... I encourage you to look at car rental, more flexible and overall to look at options at Lyon Airport rather than Geneva for cost saving
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Check altibus.com

I just plugged in Wed 02/03/2022 from Geneva returning 07/03/2022

From Geneva airport at 12:15, 15:30 or 19:30
Returning from Val Thorens 07:00, 10:55, 14:45

Cost 520 euros for four pax.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thierryd wrote:
Wed to Mon is not the best timing for transferts.... Usually they are running Sat to Sat and/or Sun to Sun..... And they are very expensives.... I encourage you to look at car rental, more flexible and overall to look at options at Lyon Airport rather than Geneva for cost saving

Private transfers will most likely run every day, however.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bergmeister wrote:
thierryd wrote:

Private transfers will most likely run every day, however.

Correct but not at the same level of price. Then as I already said, car rental becomming a cost saving option.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy