Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If you could ski with anybody....who?

Poster: A snowHead
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
Wow, I hit an artery!

I for one, totally don't understand.

I wouldn't know what to say to all those celebrities. Moreover, if I do have any interest in conversing with them, I'd rather do it over a drink than shouting to each other out on the slope. As for the like of Plake etc? I wouldn't be able to keep up anyway.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My old PE teacher, Mr Latcham, I was totally hopeless at school sports, football, tennis, athletics etc etc. Mike Latcham used to run the school ski trips (I didn't start skiing till I'd left school) and I think I can be happy with my skiing abilities now.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nigel Farage would be another, for different reasons, sooooo satisfying to send him head first ito the slush Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
someone who had recently won 'worlds best ski instructor'
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BobinCH wrote:
Bones wrote:
@hang11, Good point Toofy Grin

Living skier - Plake, as mentioned above.

Departed - Probably McConkey.

Think our very own @idris used to ski regularly with Glen Plake and his wife when they lived in Chamonix.

McConkey is a great call!

Picked them up from the airport last week Wink A barrel of laughs. Into motorsport in a big way (class win in Paris Dakar amongs other things)

McConkey, once 18 years ago. He was quite serious, but he was under a time crunch for filming.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I met Farage post 2016, in the fanciest hotel in Lancashire. He was smoking near my car, looking at it in an offensive fascist manner.
I vaguely hoped he'd drop ash on it and give me an excuse. It didn't happen.

The celeb thing is weird; when I've snowboarded with famous people I pretend I don't know who they are, which
isn't particularly interesting. I don't think I ever met a non-snow celeb who was better than mediocre; some of them
have "issues" which mean they're mostly best avoided.

Riding with famous sports people is good though. The best bit is before anyone knows who they are... which is where you learn not
to make assumptions about people. Like the ski shop guys advising Jennifer Heil that her skis were wrong.
I'm still laughing, not sure if they ever worked it out, mind.

On the OP, I'm collecting them but I missed Sims, so he'd do for dead people.
Otherwise Victoria Jealouse would be good, but don't tell anyone I said that.
Or Tina Basich; I ended up with her brother so don't tell him I was disappointed.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Orange200 wrote:
I was going to say Bond, just to deploy the Union Flag parachute Smile

Ah, the forgotten Bond. His one and only appearance. I actually thought he was quite good and should have done a few more.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Plake would be great craic, and McConkey would have been fun, but I would pass on him if I could ski with the great Saucer Boy!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton and whitegold just to find out if a) they exist and b) they know one end of the ski from the other
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski wrote:
stanton and whitegold just to find out if a) they exist and b) they know one end of the ski from the other

Suspect that would be a major disappointment Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nigella Lawson. No idea if she can ski though
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd love to ski with Stanton just to see if he actually skis.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Doug Coombs
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Departed = Rabbie

@DB, good shout. He was a true gent.

I’d like to say Aksel Lund Svindal or Didier Cuche, or (back to the departed) Klammer. But they would all just leave me behind.
I’d love to say Marcel Hirscher, but he’d just leave me behind too.

Having not seen my stepD since pre covid, it’ll be her… even though she also tries to leave me behind. Roll on Christmas in Italy, just hope she makes it back from Canada.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dode wrote:
Quote:

Departed = Rabbie

I’d like to say Aksel Lund Svindal or Didier Cuche, or (back to the departed) Klammer. But they would all just leave me behind.

Having not seen my stepD since pre covid, it’ll be her… even though she also tries to leave me behind. Roll on Christmas in Italy, just hope she makes it back from Canada.

Think that bombshell might be a bit of news to Der Kaiser.

I've skied with Rahlves - lovely guy but fast like you wouldn't believe even with punters, bumps not even there to him.
snow conditions
I hope Franz is still alive, not least because a certain ski resort in Austria is still offering the chance to ski with him.

https://www.badkleinkirchheim.at/de/highlights-im-winter/ski-vor-9-mit-franz-klammer/
ski holidays
Ricky Gervais and Greg Davies. It would be really irritatingly slow skiing but you would never stop laughing.
snow conditions
Haven't skied for 20 years but a day Snowboarding with

Living - Xavier de le Rue

Departed - Craig Kelly
snow conditions
@Backcountryboarder, I had a few nice lines this morning on my Rossi xv. Not quite the same, but xav has been seen around my part of the world few times so it might happen for me one day if I hang out on the scary stuff long enough Happy

Not sure I would have the cojones to keep up though Happy
ski holidays
It would also be nice to ski with Michael Schumacher because that would mean he has recovered. Still a sad situation.
latest report
dode wrote:
Quote:

Departed = Rabbie

He’s from our local resort (Dachstein West)….watched him training on his home hill (specially prepared) about 3 Winters ago. Hoping to ‘bump’ into him one day.
ski holidays
If I am.able to clip in again I would definitely want it to be with my wife.

Absolutely no desire to ski with a celeb or some pro that would dissappear over the horizon in a flash
latest report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
If I am.able to clip in again I would definitely want it to be with my wife.

Absolutely no desire to ski with a celeb or some pro that would dissappear over the horizon in a flash

Awww, yer soft bugger… wink Very Happy
ski holidays
@Dave of the Marmottes, @DB, never been happier to have been mistaken Very Happy
snow report
Dave Ryding, awesome slalom skier. Cool
snow conditions
@Snowbandit56, yep. Me too
ski holidays
Sorry I have no heros.
I don't much like skiing alone though.

I like skiing with Newbies and I like skiing with anyone who'll have me along.

I like taking tips from experts and I love sharing them with anyone who needs a pointer.

I need someone to show me the easy way down or push me a bit harder to take a steeper challenge.

I've had a great time skiing with my kids when they were children and I'm particulary looking forward to skiing with
My Granddaughter, I have a feeling she is going to become a very tasty skier.
snow conditions
The guys I worked with in Serre Che too many years ago with my mate Steve. (I think they are all still alive)

Doug Combes, in La Grave obvs.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Definitely either Candide or Cody Townsend. They're the only two people I'm a real fan of in skiing, and I think it'd be a real blast skiing with them.
ski holidays
I (with my wife) once shared a lift in Lech with Madonna, so skied 30 metres with her getting off. Not much of a claim to fame considering I'm an ex-international winter sportsman. I've shared the same hotel as Graham Bell, and nearly wiped him out in Courmayeur.

But the guy I'd ski with is Vladimir Putin. Just to see if he is any good.
latest report
I'd give anything to ski in the Alps with my boy. He clicked with it last ski trip in '19 and has come in a load on plastic in the last 2 years. It looks like we'll need to wait another year at least.

In terms of inspirational skiers, not sure 'with' would be the right word. I'd concede the 'best skier on the mountain' title to have a few runs with any these guys:

Glen Plake. In Chamonix.
Cody Townsend.

JP Auclair.
Shane McConkey.
snow report
The more I'm thinking with who I would like to ski, the less names come to my mind. I did ski with pretty much everyone who I would want to ski with from alpine WC tour, with some more with some at least few runs, and also with quite few from freeride world, so I really have noone who I would really want to ski with and I didn't yet. People listed in this thread who have absolutely no idea on how to ski (Putin, Schumacher...) are not on my list of want to have them as ski partners. I would go for beer, coffee, lunch or dinner with them, but for skiing my requires are a bit higher Very Happy
latest report
Attila the Hun, complete with elephants. That way it will settle the argument once and for all which pass he went over.
ski holidays
Alastair Pink in his tweeds.

Everyone would be looking at him and not notice how crap I was skiing. Laughing
snow report
Boarding alive - Shaun Palmer - Would love to just rage around with him pissing people off and acting like an angry young punk.
Boarding dead - Tom sims - Just a legend in skate and snow. The tales on the chairlift would be awesome.
ski holidays
johnE wrote:
Attila the Hun, complete with elephants. That way it will settle the argument once and for all which pass he went over.

I can help you out there. None and not with elephants.
ski holidays
davidof, Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

But did they have fava beans and Chianti as refreshments on the way ? Toofy Grin
snow report
Bones wrote:

But did they have fava beans and Chianti as refreshments on the way ? Toofy Grin

there is a good chance they had Fava beans and cabbage foraged en-route along with dried mutton tenderized under the saddle of their horses as they rode. There was probably epic farting from the 15,000 horses and men in the Hunnic army.
snow report
Margot Robbie
snow conditions
@davidof, No Chianti though, they didn't get that far south.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy