Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boot fitting

Poster: A snowHead
I need new ski boots so I'd like recommendations for good, reliable ski boot fitters. I live in Derbyshire and I'm willing to travel a fair distance if needs be.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowhead @CEM always gets lots of recommendations.

https://www.solutions4feet.com/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The go to recommendation from this forum would be - https://www.solutions4feet.com/ - they are in Bicester, so a bit of a trek for you
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@swskier, Snap !

(a bit of a trek for you) - maybe not be given the rest of your post....

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 30-09-21 14:00; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's lucky because fitters that get recommended on here will require a lot of travel.

The following get a good rep but I haven't used.

Solutions4feet Bicester,
Profeet Fulham,
Rivington Alpine in deepest, darkest Lancashire

I used Glide & Slide Otley which I can also recommend but nothing else to compare with. Or consider in resort.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@albob, great minds and all that
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Solutions4feet for me as well - you're a bit closer! He does fit them tight but they do loosen.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the info so far!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From what I've heard solutions4feet is supposed to be one of, if not THE, best boot fitter in the country.

I really should go there, as I only live 10 miles away!! Next time I get boots I will.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was happy to do a 400 mile round trip. My OH went to Bicester Shopping Village, so an expensive day all round!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Profeet every time
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rivington Alpine
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've traveled twice Leeds to solutions4feet, once for my boots, once for my wife, thoroughly recommended!

Even stopped me buying new boots a few years ago as nothing was wrong with the ones I got from them eons ago Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Solutions 4 feet.

I went to them, on recommendation, from West Cornwall and was not disappointed.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Solutions4feet, all our family have used them for years, I have recommended them to many people and everyone has been impressed and go on to recommend to their friends. Be sure to book an appointment and allow plenty of time.
If you do go stay away from the overpriced Bicester shopping village Shocked
snow report
Another vote for CEM at Bicester - he has fitted boots for both of us and tweaked them after initial wearing. Great guy.
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
I've traveled twice Leeds to solutions4feet, once for my boots, once for my wife, thoroughly recommended.

Has Colin diversified Shocked
ski holidays
@kitenski, And why is your wife thoroughly recommended?
latest report
Our needs are individual otherwise we wouldn't need a bootfitter for spouses, so I don't think he's recommending the wife per se, but solutions4brides' supply and fitting and any subsequent minor adjustments.
snow report
base your ski trip on getting a pair of boots. Theres a fair few recommended fitters in the alps. you can go back for tweaks during the week as well.
ski holidays
@Mother hucker, Good Advice.
latest report
Has anyone used Lockwoods? Since I was born in Leamington Spa and most of family are still nearby, they would be convenient for me when visiting - new boots long overdue.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 1-10-21 12:25; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Solutions for feet bicester. He refused to sell me boots until I had done feet and ankle exercises so I certainly didn’t feel under pressure to buy any which was nice.
snow report
Thanks again...very helpful!
ski holidays
Profeet, Fulham. Exceptional, in my experience.

My son used Snow & Rock at the indoor slope, Hemel. They were very good, plus the advantage of trying them out and getting any required tweaks.
ski holidays
I am having a ski boot tweak done tomorrow at The Skiers Lounge in Horsham, and has a good reputation down here. I will feedback

I have a pair of Salomon bbots that I don't think were that well fitted in the first place a few years ago from another well known shop and I am seeing if they can resolve the issues
snow report
I am having a ski boot tweak done tomorrow at The Skiers Lounge in Horsham, and has a good reputation down here. I will feedback

I have a pair of Salomon bbots that I don't think were that well fitted in the first place a few years ago from another well known shop and I am seeing if they can resolve the issues
snow report
Used profeet twice. Went last year felt safe about covid, boots are good hopefully they’ll get action this season
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
195062 wrote:
Has anyone used Lockwoods? Since I was born in Leamington Spa and most of family are still nearby, they would be convenient for me when visiting - new boots long overdue.

I bought my one & only pair from Lockwoods but that was a dozen years ago. I was pleased with the service but my visit was too long ago to base a recommendation on it
snow report
Ski weekend in chamonix and a trip to sole boot lab. Kill two birds with one stone, and get a few days to try the boots out and have any tweaks made.
snow report
@snowdave, I’m planning exactly that! (Except we’re going for 3 weeks not a weekend… Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Red Leon wrote:
195062 wrote:

I bought my one & only pair from Lockwoods but that was a dozen years ago. I was pleased with the service but my visit was too long ago to base a recommendation on it

Thank you. Used to go there many years ago for camping/walking stuff - bought a tent there in 1979 - but not for ages and never for ski equipment. Will probably give them a try, though it won't be for a while.
ski holidays
Rivington Alpine are
Fantastic.
snow report
The Skiers Lounge in Horsham, Sussex were fantastic - diagnosed all my issues
snow report
Another vote for Rivington Alpine, up in Lancashire, exceptional service and value from a true expert
snow report
I'm one of those people who prefer to get their boots in the Alps, because I always end up going back 2-4 times for tweaks during the week.

That said:
- I haven't tried the UK bootfitters recommended above - perhaps they would have managed to get the boots just right the first time
- My worst bootfitting by far was from a highly recommended Alps-based bootfitter. Comical experience, really, if it hadn't been for my howls of pain when I got into some offpiste runs. Turns out the guy doing my boots was on his first week there, after working in a bike shop...
snow conditions
Graham @ Rivington Alpine - I'm slightly biased as I used to work with Graham (until I bought a business outside the industry during lockdown) but we met when he fitted me over 15 years ago. He's constantly investing in equipment and training and adapting the fitting process to suit current thinking and current boot tech developments. EVERY new boot that gets brought out gets skied in to asses who they will be suitable for (from personal experience this can be a painful process using products that are not necessarily for my feet but its an incredibly useful tool in assessing which skiers will benefit from which product)
Expect to spend 3 hours plus in the chair but time invested in the fitting will give you the best possible result, any modifications and follow up visits are included pretty much for the life of the boot.
I'll still be going to get my boots and my daughter will be up before we go away in January. Def the best in the UK alongside CEM
latest report
I have recently been to see Graham at Rivington Alpine after my old boots that he fitted about 12 years ago went walkabout during the PreBB and Birthday bashes. I was considering new boots next season anyway, so no great loss but very inconvenient. One week on rental boots reminded me what they’re like. Graham informed me that as it was getting close to the end of the ski season, he might not have a good boot for me in stock and he wouldn’t sell me something that wasn’t suitable. When I went to see him he came up with two boots that should be a good fit, so tried both for fit and settled on one of them.

The fitting process went well just like my experience 12 years earlier and I was ready to test them at the PreEOSB and EOSB. First day took a while to get used to them but they are a great fit, snug and no foot movement whatsoever while skiing. After two weeks not a sign of any sore points on either foot and I’m very happy that they’ll last me as long as the 12 year old ones. Graham also gave me some great advice about my bindings and I arranged for Spyderjon to bring me out some new ones to the EOSB after discussing with him on my requirements and what Graham at Rivington Alpine had advised. First class service from both Graham and Jon so I’m now set up for some great skiing.

I highly recommend Rivington Alpine for their excellent customer service with a fitting process that was thorough, professional and everything was explained in great detail.
snow conditions
Another thumbs up for Graham and Rivington Alpine, excellent service all round.

I had the misfortune of dislocating a foot (playing 5 aside when I should have known better) so have odd feet/lower legs one normal one big so not disfigured. His boots fit perfectly and whilst getting fitted another customer remarked that a particular flash of colour was best, to which Graham replied he'll have the boots I pick based on what suited me technically rather than fashionably.

Top Guy
snow report
Another shout for Scott at Skiers Lounge. My ski boots are like a comfy pair of slippers, shame the board boots i bought elsewhere aren't!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy