Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off pieste beginner

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello people been skiing for years. And each year we are trying more and more off piste, we have all Avalanche gear but we don't know enough. We want to get in the back country but do it safely. What is the best way to learn off piste skiing?

6hr lesson in zermatt is 550 is that the going rate?
Or is there cheaper place to learn?

Any advise would be much appreciated thank you
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did one of the Introduction to Off Piste with Marmalade in the 3 Valleys which I found to be excellent. This was with a group, which got split by ability on day two. Found the group helpful because you could learn by others mistakes. I now book Marmalade for one or two days each year to follow up with guided off piste/tuition which works really well for me.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers for reply Ill look into that then how much was the introduction with marmalade? That sounds good because we don't know how to grade are ability we have ski in chamonix, val thoren, val disere, zermatt there's nothing on those piste we can't do but off piste we have no idea
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have a look at https://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/ They're the UK agent for the French outfit UCPA. They do week long Intro to Off Piste courses which are great value.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Join the eagles ski club - they've got several off-piste training courses listed amongst their club ski touring/mountaineering tours
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Val d’Isere: Alpine Experience often run afternoon off-piste technique lessons after their morning group off-piste guiding (you pay-for-a-spot not a group fee).
Alpine Experience also run early/pre-season off piste experience weeks exactly for the purpose you seek.

https://alpineexperience.com/en/home-page/

St Anton: Piste to Powder run similar (pay-for-a-spot not the group) morning/day off-piste guiding

https://pistetopowder.com/

I’m sure other resorts have similar operations. Good luck and have a fun progression!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Jake 777, Hi Jake, I work with Marmalade and we are running two group courses in January that would suit.

have a look at our All Mountain Intro or our Off Piste Fundamentals group clinics in Meribel and the Three Valleys
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Jake 777, That would be a resonable price in Zermatt. About 60% that in France and less again in Italy. All of the courses mentioned by others would suit. If you are in the Cham/Megeve area I can help with more specifics.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Marmalade sounds great. sent it to my mate if he wants go on it I hope there's 2 spaces left. Cheers for info we've been chamonix about 6 times so would be interested in info on courses there to
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Which week you after jake , we have one space left on the off piste fundamentals but are looking at adding another group
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gutted. would need 2 places what other dates are available?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Jake 777, happy to ad a second group if you both book up , contact me through our website and we can chat it through Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We are both in accordance to book what would be second group date? If it feasible we will send desposits
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Jake 777, will be the same week, we have added a new coach on the off piste fundamentals week and have space now on both january weeks so whatever week works for you and your mate. contact me at info@insideoutskiing.com and we can sort out details. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy