Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passe Sanitaire coming soon to French ski resorts?

Poster: A snowHead
The French tourism minister is meeting with mountain business representatives today to discuss the implementation of the Health Pass being necessary to access the ski lifts this winter.......I think it's a great idea, it seems to be working well in bars/restaurants, just hope if it happens, that they can manage to avoid lift queues Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@KenX, so long as it includes 12-18 year old kids who have only been offered 1 jab then I don’t mind.

If it requires a negative test within 3 days then it’s going to whack up the cost of the trip.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One way I could see it as being workable is if the pass sanitaire is only required to purchase the ski pass. That avoids the lift queue problems, and also means just a single test at the start of the week for kids.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowdave wrote:
One way I could see it as being workable is if the pass sanitaire is only required to purchase the ski pass. That avoids the lift queue problems, and also means just a single test at the start of the week for kids.

On the face of it that would seem to make sense especially for individuals. It'll be complicated when people are buying multiple passes. Large groups in one chalet would be bad enough but tour op' reps' buying for the weeks new arrivals (or @admin, for a snowHead bash).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Perhaps an automatic scan of the certificate at the foot of the lifts on the first morning to activate the pass?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Theoretically I guess all passes could be locked and then unlocked by a staff member at first upload lifts by a quick scan having been presented your evidence. Probably only need weekends and the pass office could handle midweeks.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@snowdave, That's what @Idris alluded to a few days ago, somewhere on here. Not quite sure how it works for buying passes online?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

One way I could see it as being workable is if the pass sanitaire is only required to purchase the ski pass.

I cannot see that being much use unless they make being vaccinated the only criteria and abandon this idea of a recent PCR test .Afterall I may buy my season pass in November then use it in April 6 months later.

One way around it, I suppose, would be having your test results and lift pass numbers linked, which would be an interestng GDPR concept of sharing public and private sector databases.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@johnE, and a technical challenge beyond most ... very unlikely.

I thought the -ve PCR status thing was on the way out anyway?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:

I thought the -ve PCR status thing was on the way out anyway?

it is, at least in departments with low incidence rates like the Alpine ones.

Then again, everyone is back at work now so there is talk of a 5th wave but the 4th wave was more a ripple.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@KenX, You might think differently if you were a single UK vaccinated teenager and the French were to only accept double vaccination....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There is that, hopefully sorted by then!
Also UK still not to accept mixed jabs, or previously infected +1 jab, which is ok here.......
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@KenX, despite mounting evidence that infection + 1 is better than 2 jags.

Unless you are John Prescott’s ghost
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some suggestion from the Connexion article that once you’ve proved you’re fully jabbed, consideration being given to wristband being issued. Sounds like a reasonable idea, though scrabbling with gloves and sleeves to show it rather than phone still involves faffing.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Still a faff with gloves and sleeves to get the phone out TBH. Armband?
snow conditions
Can't see how tying it in to purchase of lift passes would work for those of us who use ski a la carte. Also looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a smartphone to replace my trusty Nokia!
snow report
Government should decide on this by mid-October
ski holidays
@KenX, is that the gouv promising to do so or the lift operators demanding it?
latest report
I am sure that the French govt with their disdain of bureaucracy will allow this to be seamlessly integrated into the purchase of the ski pass...........
latest report
@under a new name, @GreenDay, Laughing
latest report
@KenX, Let's hope so, the sooner the better. I'm ready to spend £60,000 on a school ski trip in December dependent on whether the students will be allowed to ski without regular testing.
snow report
December? @snowhound, you must be confident in the snow ...!
snow report
@under a new name, Call to arms from Le Figaro

https://www.lefigaro.fr/voyages/montagne/saison-de-ski-les-stations-se-preparent-a-rouvrir-avec-le-passe-sanitaire-20210920?fbclid=IwAR0swncExIJVxZlInZe1855Jmjdw87NwZZssTkD3s-ofVi1LjBtc36990us
snow conditions
In this article they mention a date of 15 October for clarity
snow report
Just had a job interview in Megeve and they confirmed they are waiting for the above mentioned decision. They expect some sort of Pass sanitaire for everyone over 12 skiing in France. They did ask about my vax status and were plesantly surprised when I said, yes, back in early May. I know they have staffing issues with some of the locals (those who consider Sallanches to be foreign land) getting vaxinated.
ski holidays
Idris wrote:
those who consider Sallanches to be foreign land

I'm surprised they haven't also blacklisted Houchiards.
ski holidays
@under a new name, Tignes!!
latest report
@snowhound, unless you are happy on a crowded glacier ... still impressive confidence! (I know, you'll probably be OK)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
j b wrote:
Idris wrote:
those who consider Sallanches to be foreign land

I'm surprised they haven't also blacklisted Houchiards.

Houchards, before you make an embarrassing faux pas.

or

Houchard·e·s en écriture inclusive
snow conditions
@davidof, oh dear, does "houchiard" have unpleasant implications?

(I must say I used the word based on memory, it is used in a book I have in France about the history of St Gervais - from which I understand that there is a longstanding enmity between the two neighbouring communes).
snow conditions
under a new name wrote:
@snowhound, unless you are happy on a crowded glacier ... still impressive confidence! (I know, you'll probably be OK)

It's probably the same confidence that causes more than 100 Snowheads to go there in December each year for the PSB. snowHead
ski holidays
Been to Tignes for two of the last four Decembers around 10-17 December and have had cracking weeks both times. Even went around six years ago in the epic start of season snow drought and still had over half the resort open.
But the snow is not much good if the kids aren't allowed to get on the lifts and no way am I getting 40 of them tested every 48 hours. Sod that.
snow report
j b wrote:
@davidof, oh dear, does "houchiard" have unpleasant implications?

In reality I'm sure no one would notice.
snow conditions
@snowhound, that's practically xmas that is. I was thinking more the first weekend of the month. I've had a couple of trips early Dec when it was really just the glacier.
snow report
I really hope it won't be implemented, as we are booked to go to the French alps with what will probably be two unvaccinated teenagers at the end of December. It would increase the cost of an already expensive holiday if they would need to do an antigen test every 72 hours.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 21-09-21 22:01; edited 2 times in total
snow report
My plan A is a school trip-any testing, it's off.
Plan B, we go as a family with our two teenage daughters. They will be vaccinated to the extent that the Government allows-but any additional testing cost will just come out of money we would have spent in bars, cafes, shops, restaurants etc.
snow conditions
tests in French pharmacies are 29€.
snow report
@Motherofthree, bearing in mind that iirc the law mandating PSs only current until (?) 15 Nov - but that really only means it'll be renewed then - but does indicate the general uncertainty.

Per Le Figaro, PSs not required under 12 y.o. and 12-17 y.o.s have a fairly broad range of exemptions https://www.lefigaro.fr/secteur/high-tech/voyages-en-corse-outre-mer-et-bientot-europe-comment-va-fonctionner-tousanticovid-carnet-20210419

So right now you can quite happily go on a family holiday and enjoy most things. Local public transport currently not included, which does make me wonder why they'll be needed for that most public of public transport, the chairlift.
snow report
Hells Bells wrote:
tests in French pharmacies are 29€.

piad 25.01 euros in luchon last week....bargain!!
snow conditions
@under a new name, it’s all based on new normal science

Local bus is enclosed space, up to 100 people crammed in, hardly anyone wearing gloves / goggles
Chairlift is outdoors, max 6-8 people, everyone covered head to toe in protective gear

I would go further and presume skiers are generally fitter and healthier on average but trying to stick to just facts

My 16yr old can consume alcohol, ride a scooter, get on a bus, hang out with hundreds of kids, smoke outside school gates, order takeaway, have sex, play video games for 12 hrs....(not in that exact order).
But he needs a health pass to attend outdoor football practice.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy