Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The FIS Ski WC 2021/22 Thread + Winter Olympics Beijing 2022

Poster: A snowHead
@Scooter in Seattle, They haven't chosen to accommodate it. Lake Louise is in a National Park and its a requirement
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@gryphea,

Scooter in Seattle wrote:
it being in a National Park there is wildlife which they have chosen to try and accommodate......its taken seriously.

I think that adequately made the point for most of us......
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timmycb5 wrote:
Women's downhill is on this evening and tomorrow, starting 7.30pm (UK time)

Thanks for the remainder,
I will support Sofia, she is fun to watch,
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No Super G or Downhill today on Eurosport, it is annoying ,
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Harrow lady, aren’t they? They both seem listed on the discoverplus site.

Not much snow about other than on the course at Beaver Creek.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
More issues for the English commentary being expounded by the commentator, or he will be the commentator when he gets his picture feed and can hear the director Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure if these highlight clips work outside of Austria
https://sport.orf.at/stories/3087593/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ster I was just getting into the Italian commentary when our English came back! Sofia was on fire tonight. Love watching her ski, it's always all of nothing. Beaver Creek looking very hard but great to have the speed races in at all.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Did it go ahead? Eurosport are supposed to be showing highlights but they seem to have delayed it for BTEC velodrome
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is Marcel on his way to a comeback …

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I really hope he is coming back, a joy to watch and he is only 32,
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There were rumours last season on a Hirscher return to the World Cup. Is there a Red Bull plan behind it, a sort of superstars parallel series?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Does anyone know if this lack of coverage of skiing on Eurosport is to go on all season please? Got Discovery+ on Sky subscription but can’t seem to find it. Been through both website and App and can’t find it. Gone through Amazon Prime and says I need to subscribe but nowhere to put details that I can see. Highlights started so late because of people driving bikes in circles that only got start of them. My mate says he pays £40 a year for Eurosport and gets it. Is that the only option? Any help gratefully received. Thank you
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dougie, I think the races that aren't sat / sun morning (UK) often aren't shown
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hmm - cross-country/Biathlon is on all morning ; I'm currently watching the ladies : Highlights of the Beaver Creek downhill will be on at 1.30pm (mind, Eurosport schedules are notoriously unreliable..... !)
ski holidays
Thanks for replies. In the past been able to watch Lake Louise and Beaver Creek live. Hopefully just the North American legs.

@albob, Sorry, should have said the Downhill, Super G, etc. Watched most of cross country yesterday. Excellent.
latest report
This crash could mean the end of Jansrud’s career Sad (he was planning to retire at the end of the season because of back problems).

http://youtube.com/v/68juv5CeT-4
latest report
I'm interviewing cross-country skiers Andrew Young and Andrew Musgrave for The Ski Podcast tomorrow. Let me know if you have any questions for them?
latest report
I've been watching today's skiing races on Eurosport Player. 1st leg of the Men's Slalom from Val d'Isere completed (Dave Ryding in 10th Position after end of 1st leg), followed by a delayed (due to high wind) Women's Super G from St.Moritz; Lara Gut Behrami had a nasty crash into the netting but fortunately seemed unhurt and after getting back up was able to ski down to the end of the course.
latest report
The Italian womens team is filling the top ten. It must be one of the strongest ski teams in a long time. They've been together for several seasons and must be inspiring and driving each other along.
latest report
Very pleased to see Federica back to form after a poor season last year
ski holidays
Well done Dave, brilliant run
snow report
Fantastic run. Plenty of support from the crowd. Go Dave!

ski holidays
@Klamm Franzer, yay!
ski holidays
Dave did very well, but Armand Marchant really was impressive-a really aggressive charge.
snow report
Probably a bit late - but the Val Gardena downhill starts shortly...
snow report
My interview with the two cross-country Andrews (of whom Andrew Young picked up a superb 6th in the team event at Dresden at the weekend)

http://youtube.com/v/ewNANu10h9A
ski holidays
I guess I have to note Bryce Bennett's first WC win, at Val Gardena. Always fun to see how a first-time winner reacts. With Breezy getting second at Val, we Yanks have people to root for in the speed events once again!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some not great news unfortunately, Izzy Atkins has broken her pelvis a couple of days ago on the Dew Tour in Colorado. With only 8 weeks to go, it puts her attendance at Beijing in serious doubt.
latest report
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
I guess I have to note Bryce Bennett's first WC win, at Val Gardena. Always fun to see how a first-time winner reacts. With Breezy getting second at Val, we Yanks have people to root for in the speed events once again!

I think we Brits have a while to go yet!
ski holidays
Was at the Noram in Panorama last week. It was a big field with I think pretty much all European countries represented except Austria. Reece Bell, GB, came second. Pretty impressive. First was Amelia Smart who is on the Canadian team and has some world cup starts.
snow report
@davidthornton, hard to argue with you right now, so I'll toss this out: your boy Ryding gets the nod for heart. A real grinder, and I say that with admiration.
ski holidays
Great win for Sara Hector today. First win in 7 years!
snow conditions
swskier wrote:
Great win for Sara Hector today. First win in 7 years!

Some great skiing in that race but she very much deserved it, and was great value for it. Maryna Gasienica-Daniel had a really good run as well.
ski holidays
Just caught up with the M DH from Bormio, that's a long run, it was painful just watching it. I thought Kilde was on for a win when he went down but then a few went even faster.
snow conditions
Ryding skiing today in Zagreb 1st run at 1530 (CET).

Snow looked pretty poor for the womens race yesterday and it was warm. Very windy too.
latest report
@ster, all those leaves all over the course reminded me of my race training on monday nights at the local dry slope. Sort of conditions we have every week!
snow report
@swskier, can’t be easy for those elite athletes and not fun for those FIS skiers yesterday either. wink
snow report
@ster, we try our best Laughing
latest report
Oh, looking dodgy for a race today. Is “officially” cancelled but Eurosport commentary saying it now might be rescheduled for later tonight.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 5-01-22 15:53; edited 1 time in total
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy