Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

No skiing (or drinking or eating) unless you're double-jabbed in CH?

Poster: A snowHead
@colinstone, the link I posted above which goes to the official Swiss entry rules states
Quote:

As of 20 September, anyone who has been vaccinated abroad with a vaccine approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and who is resident in or travelling to Switzerland will be able to obtain a Swiss COVID certificate.

AZ is approved by EMA and is so included.

Same link again here (in non-shortened form)
https://www.edi.admin.ch/edi/en/home/dokumentation/medienmitteilungen.html.msg-id-85168.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
colinstone wrote:
@telford_mike,

Thanks.
I note that the Bern application vaccination section doesn't list the AstraZeneca Vaxzevria as a second jab. And has this:

A Swiss COVID vaccination certificate can only be issued if you have been vaccinated with a vaccine approved in Switzerland (as of August 26, 2021):
Spikevax ("Moderna")
Comirnaty (‘Pfizer / BioNTech’)
Janssen COVID-19 vaccine ("Johnson & Johnson")
Mix-Match 1st dose of Vaxzevria (“AstraZeneca”) with 1 dose of Spikevax (“Moderna”) or 1 dose of Comirnaty (“Pfizer / BioNTech”)

So, we are 2 initial doses AZ but will be getting a booster of Pfizer or Moderna in Dec.

In view of UK Gov website, hope this is just an error.

This is the existing page for Swiss residents - it hasn’t been updated with the new rules from 20th September yet. It may never be updated, as the Federal Council are working on a new 'solution' Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

Email from government travel service this morning.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the reassurance. I'll see it though on a Swiss website to believe it!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
colinstone wrote:
Thanks for the reassurance. I'll see it though on a Swiss website to believe it!!

I'll try it out on Monday, though I suspect by then, nobody will care.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
colinstone wrote:

I’ve linked to one twice now.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Gämsbock,
>I’ve linked to one twice now.
I'm assuming you are referring to a Canton application form.

So with double AZ jabs?? what did you put in jab 2 of the Bern Canton form?? To which I referred to, or are you in another Canton??
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@colinstone, here’s the link for the third time. It is the press release from the press conference yesterday.

https://www.edi.admin.ch/edi/en/home/dokumentation/medienmitteilungen.html.msg-id-85168.html?fbclid=IwAR0JPP_lfWix_NHH9jfhxt3v1nnbfXaXI4EhPhZu9VIjQGMJvuJCd09sbgE

It is a federal link that applies to all of Switzerland, not a cantonal link.

Here, once again, I quote the relevant text from the article.

Quote:
Swiss COVID certificate for individuals vaccinated or recovered abroad

As of 20 September, anyone who has been vaccinated abroad with a vaccine approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and who is resident in or travelling to Switzerland will be able to obtain a Swiss COVID certificate. This means that people who have been vaccinated abroad or have recovered abroad, such as tourists, can also participate in social activities here.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, thank you. That is just a press release and is not an authority for approval etc. Not an actual legal application form etc, which I am waiting to see on a Swiss website.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@colinstone, I don’t think the Cantonal application form that caters for AZ will be up and running yet as the new rules are not even effective until 20 Sep, and they have given themselves a transitional period to get them up and running when you can use the NHS covid record in lieu of the Swiss pass. The new rule has been passed and published with the transitional arrangements so I wouldn’t sweat on not being able getting the actual Swiss pass just yet.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 18-09-21 12:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@colinstone, it is an official announcement from the Federal authorities, and it is valid from Monday. I struggle to understand why you don’t think this is valid.

Note that the press release also states

Quote:
The documents can be submitted electronically. Each canton must designate a contact point for persons who have been vaccinated abroad. All cantonal contact points will be listed on a federal website. A federal working group (FDHA, FDFA, FDF) will oversee implementation together with the cantons and other agencies (data protection). The aim is to find a solution that is as efficient, straightforward and user-oriented as possible. In a transitional phase until 10 October 2021, all foreign vaccination certificates (e.g. WHO vaccination certificate) will be valid for access to events or facilities requiring a COVID certificate.

So you may have to wait a few weeks for your cantonal application form, but in the interim period from Monday 20 September your foreign vaccination certificate is valid. It’s clear that this applies throughout Switzerland from Monday, and is not dependent on the updating of individual cantonal websites and application forms.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ster, Eh oh!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@colinstone, sorry - no idea what happened to the link! It was leading to info accepting AZ on noN EU ppl!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This seems to be the new Bern link:
https://www.gsi.be.ch/de/start/themen/coronavirus/zertifikat/certificate-for-persons-vaccinated-abroad/certificate-for-persons-vaccinated-abroad.html
I guess it will all clarify in the next few weeks.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In Martigny on Tuesday, the McDonalds was checking the APP and also demanded valid Photo ID (Passport / CdS) to make sure the name matched up. Strangely though this was only if you wanted to eat your food indoors. If you were taking away or using the outdoor seating, you could go in to the restaurant with no Covid Cert, order and pay at the counter and then take your purchase outside. Seemed pretty odd, as all the indoor tables had screens around them, but the order / payment area is unscreened.
No problems with the app recognising our JabCerts even though we had the AZ-Pfizer combo.
ski holidays
The Valais application webform has AZ as a vaccine in its drop down box now.
snow conditions
In Valais for 2 weeks. Arrived by car on the 17th, came over the border at La Cure, it was deserted as it was quite late. Not a single check at any border including at the channel tunnel. On Wednesday, we were asked for COVID certificate to go swimming. NHS App pulled up all of our data but said "invalid no signature", but we were let in anyway. The Swiss lady in the queue in front of us was turned away for some reason.
Applied for the Swiss Covid Certificate yesterday morning, uploaded NHS certificates and the app and sent a code through so that our app could be automatically updated. The app was updated at 4, this afternoon. No problem.
Only snag is that the Covid certificate is only valid until the anniversary on your second dose, which is mid January for my wife. Not sure what happens after then......
snow conditions
Good reason not to go to Switzerland again - I am double jabbed but it is the principle that matters of implicitly forcing people to be double jabbed. I always thought of Switzerland as being a sensible country. Hey ho, off for my flu jab tomorrow.......
latest report
countryman wrote:
Good reason not to go to Switzerland again - I am double jabbed but it is the principle that matters of implicitly forcing people to be double jabbed. I always thought of Switzerland as being a sensible country. Hey ho, off for my flu jab tomorrow.......

I dunno? I love Switzerland. I used to love Germany and lived there for 6 years, but alas, its not the place it once was - or my rose tinted specs are fading.

Need to catch up with @Bob & @telford_mike (I think it is?) to get an ex-pats view of living there...aside from the £££ I think its perfect!
snow report
@countryman, they are not forcing you, just allowing the vaccinated to have more freedoms vs the non-vaccinated, as with rights and responsibilities?
snow conditions
@countryman, but it is the principle. Hey ho, off for my flu jab tomorrow.......
So why are you bothering with a flu jab??
Too many, too bleeding woke idiots around.
snow report
We have met Colin and the last thing you could accuse me of is wokeism. I am however, above all, a freedom lover and, you will note, from my comment that I am double covid jabbed but believe it entirely personal choice as to whether one wishes to be. Vaccine passports are compulsion by the backdoor. It is my personal choice to have a flu jab but no-one tries to restrict me in what I do for not having one.

Why would I have one - just dont want to be a sick nuisance to anyone?

My views on flu jabs is they are often a complete waste of time - just depends on whether the educated guesswork vaccinates you against the right strains but it is probably one's civic duty to have it
snow report
I’ll stick magic beans in my eyes if it means skiing is open again this year.

Our double vax rate is shocking in CH. 90% of people in ICU here are not vaccinated.
ski holidays
@countryman, What about the rest of Europe? Same rules apply*, it's not just CH ...

* and it's rather a good policy imv
snow conditions
@countryman, in the coming 20 years, compulsion to have Covid jabs and/or a certificate is going to be the least of one's worries. After all you are compelled to have a passport to travel out of UK.
To achieve net zero is going to require a hell of a lot more compulsions and restrictions.

@under a new name, Spot on. It is a complete non issue.

Meanwhile, I am on my boat in France watching in horror the current broad shambles in UK as every individual is banging on about their own personal brand of democracy.
ski holidays
@colinstone, and spot on yourself, what is going on in the UK? I'm heading there on Friday ....

PS we are not, ever, going to get to zero covid. It'll just become another common cold version.
snow report
@under a new name, Nothing, that is the problem. No lorry drivers, so food shortages, petrol Qs etc etc etc. A few mins on BBC website might persuade you not to bother to go.
snow conditions
@colinstone, if I didn't want to see my aged mother, I wouldn't bother!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, Ahhh, yes. A truly valid reason. Bon voyage.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 25-09-21 10:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Nadenoodlee wrote:

Our double vax rate is shocking in CH. 90% of people in ICU here are not vaccinated.

This statistic says everything. I cannot fathom the arrogance of the « freedom » idiots who clearly couldn’t give a stuff about the doctors and nurses who have to deal with the consequences
snow report
@BobinCH, Absolutely. Think in UK many ICUs are unvaccinated.
More health care workers have died from catching Covid at work since March 2020 than Military lost in Afghanistan and Iraq in the last 20 years.
Military sign up knowing there is a risk of bullet poisoning, health care workers know that a tiny number may be unfortunate and catch something nasty at work but certainly don't expect this level of attrition.
snow conditions
Dravot wrote:
countryman wrote:

I dunno? I love Switzerland. I used to love Germany and lived there for 6 years, but alas, its not the place it once was - or my rose tinted specs are fading.

Need to catch up with @Bob & @telford_mike (I think it is?) to get an ex-pats view of living there...aside from the £££ I think its perfect!

Strangely I feel pretty free Puzzled
ski holidays
>there...aside from the £££ I think its perfect!
Excellent value beer and wine in CH. We stock up for the year.
snow report
colinstone wrote:
>there...aside from the £££ I think its perfect!
Excellent value beer and wine in CH. We stock up for the year.

where...I need this important information!! Very Happy

Planning on doing a "big shop" at Lidl (Sion) this xmas...are prices broadly comparable? Otherwise I'm planning to sell one of the children to shop at Coop!
ski holidays
Denner. E.g. January sales Budvar Budweiser CHF17 for 24 x 0.5 litre. Compare that with Majestic UK - £40?? Also Denner for all sorts of wine offers.
ski holidays
Denner has a much better choice than Lidl for beer and wine

https://www.denner.ch/fr/shop/vin/vins.html

https://www.denner.ch/de/aktionen/list/gf/bier/
snow report
Landi, farmers supermarket. Case of 18 x 500ml cans chf12.5. At 5% it ain't rubbish either!!
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
Denner has a much better choice than Lidl for beer and wine

https://www.denner.ch/fr/shop/vin/vins.html

https://www.denner.ch/de/aktionen/list/gf/bier/

thanks for the tips - I think thew Denner & Lidl are in same place in Sion

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 26-09-21 21:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Denner is bleak though. If Migros ever flogs booze their footfall will disappear overnight.
snow conditions
Coop 24 x 0.5 litre CHF 11.95. OK.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy