Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French residency

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Weathercam wrote:
Sorry should have been clearer, there's tax declared and tax to be paid, from what I understand.

So my French Accountant takes all that we have paid in tax for the UK and will declare that, then there's the tax I need to pay on my French sourced income if that makes sense?

Erm no. It all has to be paid in France apart from property income.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@davidof, I'll raise that with him, just that people we know say and do differently from what I understand.

Mind you he took about 6 weeks to answer an email Puzzled

And there is a local ex-pat in Serre Che that does it all for you.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
deleted - because I'm wrong.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quick questions (i've tried looking online to no avail):

Does anyone know how long you can be outside of France for, and keep the 5-year Brexit residency card?

If you become resident somewhere else, do you immediately lose residency in France?

Essentially, I have a job offer outside France, but want to know if I can come back if things don't work out. Or perhaps it is a one-way trip in these strange times?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@JamesHJ, I am no expert but I think it is 2 years from what others have said in conversation. Unless you're a French national of course.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It is a good question. For the 10 year cards you can spend up to 2 years out of France but the 5 year "brexit" cards are a special case. It is not on the govt website FAQ anyway.

"Perdre son droit de séjour permanent

Vous pouvez perdre votre droit de séjour permanent si vous vous absentez du pays pendant plus de deux années consécutives."

Normally (this applies to the North Africans at work) they can't leave for more than 3 months on their first carte de sejour.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidof wrote:
It is a good question. For the 10 year cards you can spend up to 2 years out of France but the 5 year "brexit" cards are a special case. It is not on the govt website FAQ anyway.

"Perdre son droit de séjour permanent

Vous pouvez perdre votre droit de séjour permanent si vous vous absentez du pays pendant plus de deux années consécutives."

Normally (this applies to the North Africans at work) they can't leave for more than 3 months on their first carte de sejour.

If you acquire permanent residency in another place, then it sounds like you automatically lose the French one. God I hate Brexit, that's my plan scotched Sad

Lorsqu’une étranger, muni d’un titre de séjour cesse de remplir les conditions nécessaires à son obtention, il encourt le risque d’un retrait.

Elles concernent l'étranger...

A)...ou ses conjoints polygames en France,

B) qui fait l’objet d’une mesure d’interdiction du territoire ( APRF,OQTF) ou d’expulsion,

C) dont la carte serait périmée suite à une absence du territoire

-de l'Union Européenne de plus de 3 ans consécutifs, ou

-en dehors de la France pendant plus de 6 ans consécutifs, de même en cas d’acquisition d’un même statut dans un autre Etat membre.

D) qui aura commis des violences graves sur un enfant de moins de 15 ans
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@JamesHJ
Does the second paragraph help at all (requesting an extension)?

"The resident card of a foreigner who has left French territory and has resided abroad for a period of more than three consecutive years has expired, as well as the resident card bearing the mention "long-term resident-EU " granted by France when its holder has resided outside the territory of the Member States of the European Union for a period of more than three consecutive years.

The period mentioned in the first paragraph may be EXTENDED if the person concerned so requests before his departure from France or during his stay abroad.
In addition, the residence card bearing the mention "long-term resident-EU" granted by France is expired when its holder has, since its issue, acquired this status in another Member State of the European Union, or when he has resided outside the national territory for a period of six consecutive.."

Source - https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/codes/section_lc/LEGITEXT000006070158/LEGISCTA000042771442/
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@JamesHJ, this is what I would do. Take the job in DK but keep drawing your dole in France and keep your French address (you own anyway) and don't tell the French you've left, keep doing a tax return. Don't tell the Danes anything about France. No one will be any the wiser.

This does not constitute financial advice.

BTW I didn't realise you had more than 1 wife.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy