Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend in Montgenevre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
(Subject to all covid caveats, etc) we're booked to go to Montgenevre for a week at half term as a family. Being the selfless sort of chap that I am, I am minded to put myself out and do a reccy before hand, some time in January, so that when with children and my timid OH in tow, we won't all be going in blind.

I've had a look at all the usual operators and none of them seem to offer weekend only accomodation. Does anyone if weekend (long weekend, Thursday to Sunday/Monday) is doable there? And if so, does anyone have any links to providers? TIA
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Timmycb5, what do you mean by "usual operators"?

I have only done weekends a couple if times and not Montgenevre however I would go about it the same way... Sort out a flight with good timings for maximum ski time and then book a Hotel, then a transfer.

A Hotel something like this...

https://www.hotelalpiscottia.com/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whenever I have gone to Montgenevre for a weekend I have stayed down in Briançon.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Timmycb5, we had some friends staying for a week in Montgenevre in early Feb 2020, so we had a few days away from Les Menuires and drove over there. I booked a three night stay in an apartment at the Hameau des Airelles through Booking.com, it was certainly convenient for the pistes.

The four days skiing was nice and the pistes were lovely and quiet compared to the 3 valleys. Found some good restaurants on and off the slopes as well!

The hotel suggestion in the post above also looks close to the slopes.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks everyone. @Layne, I mean people like Crystal, skiweekends, inghams, etc.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can you do mid week ? -- 4 days leaving on Tuesday 4th of Jan

https://www.crystalski.co.uk/ski-holidays/packages?airports%5B%5D=LGW&units%5B%5D=000884%3ARESORT%7C002556%3AHOTEL&when=04-01-2022&until=&choiceSearch=false&flexibility=false&monthSearch=false&flexibleDays=0&flexibleMonths=&noOfAdults=1&noOfChildren=0&childrenAge=&duration=3115&searchRequestType=ins&searchType=SKI&sp=true&multiSelect=true&room=&isVilla=false&reqType=SKI&sortBy=
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@albob, I can do, but I'd rather go for a week if I'm using that much annual leave!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://www.winterised.com/how-to-go-motorhome-skiing-in-montgenevre-france/

I visited Montgenevre and skied there by campervan. It did not strike me as the kind of place tour operators would be big there. On the border between Italy and France, it is a great access point to the Milky Way (if the weather is kind).

snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Any Montgenevre regulars know about buying a 3 day lift pass? As above (and assuming lifting of restrictions) I need to buy 2 x adult lift passes, but as far as I can tell on the website, I have to buy 6 individual day passes. That can't be right can it?

Can they be linked to the same card/s so we're not forking out however many €'s it is for the actual card?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ignore me. I've discovered that if I order Mont de la Lune I can order 3 days each
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Love the resort Montgenevre (and Claviere side, too) but didn’t find it overly easy to get there. From TRN, it was a bus to the city centre then train to Oulx, then we had someone pick us up from the station (about 15-20 mins drive from recollection). I found it impossible to get a transfer mid week. The train was a beautiful ride though. For that reason, I would go Sat to Sat next time, and get a transfer.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy