Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pila! Transfers and ski school

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello. Very excited to have booked a family trip to Pila for feb half term 2022. We’re a family of five, all intermediate apart from my 10 year old daughter who’ll be on her second week of skiing so will need ski school. Any recommendations for ski school would be fab and also the cheapest transfers? I’ve had a quick google and there seems to be only private transfers available which are £500-600 return. Or hiring a large car might be an idea. How difficult is the drive from TRN? I’ve seen there is the train to Aosta and then the cable car up to Pila but hubby not too keen on that option.

Any other Pila tips would be welcome! TIA
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The only time I have been to Pila was on a bus down the valley from La Thuille so I don't know about transfers - but you will find a thread on the Resort Reviews section devoted to transfers which may have pointers.

No problem about the cable car from Aosta, though I am not sure if it only operates daytime hours. Pila itself tries to be car-free, though I assume there is a vehicle access point.

Enjoy it. I thought it was a great resort for intermediates and beginners.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think i have read/heard from a neighbour that if you get a train from turin airport it goes to a different station/ line from main turin station and transfers between the two are not great. But you can get a bus to the right station from airport

Generally, italian trains are a very good form of transport, if sometimes slightly dated, but very well priced.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for replies! Ideally we’re looking for a shared transfer minibus sort of thing. We went to Serre Chevalier a couple of years ago and paid roughly £50 pp for return transfer. At the moment I can only find private transfers which are crazy money.

Regarding car hire, that might be the way to go but seems a bit OTT as we only need it to get too and from the airport. Also, not too sure about driving if the weather is snowy! The hotel we’ve booked does offer free parking so it’s definitely an option.

Will look more into the train. We arrive on Sunday lunchtime so should have plenty of time to get to Aosta before the gondola stops running. It’s just the logistics of having kids and luggage etc!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have searched the forum for transfers info but can’t find anything. If anyone could link the thread I’d be very grateful!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There seems to be a direct bus between Turin Airport and Aosta:
https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Turin-Airport-TRN/Pila-Aosta-Valley-Italy#r/Bus/s/0
I think it's this one:
https://torino.arriva.it/en/line/torino-aosta-courmayeur/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@surferrosa, this is the thread I was thinking of.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=133644

I followed the link on the first post, and no information was recorded there for Pila. But I didn't look through the rest of the thread for people posting other suggestions.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@surferrosa, contact carole at pilaski.co.uk she might be able to help out with
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@surferrosa, Have hired from Turin to drive to Pila, via Courmayeur and la Thuile - very, very straightforward driving on excellent and fast roads; autostrada most of the way as I recall. Car hire going to be much cheaper than transfers for a family and you get the chance to ski elsewhere as, IMHO, there is not enough skiing at Pila for a week for decent skiers - definitely go to Courmayeur for a day if conditions are good.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have you asked your accommodation provider to see if they can arrange a transfer. Otherwise ask at Aosta tourist info. For local taxi companies, they would probably be cheaper than the Internet based ski transfer companies.

Another option is Interski they will be regularly arranging transport to and from Turin for guests and instructors.

For lessons your choice would be interski or the local Italian ski school, both should be fine.

The public transport options are straightforward and you could maybe get a taxi up to Pila from Aosta. I agree though the easiest option for you would be the door to door transfer.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you for all suggestions. I’ve emailed Carole at pilaski and contacted interski to see if they can offer any viable options. We’ve also reserved a car just in case that’s the way we have to go, but can cancel it if an easy and reasonably priced door-to-door transfer comes up!

Good idea to ask the hotel too!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quick update. We've found some okayish priced transfers with the Turin Shuttle via FindTransfer.com. 450 euros door to door round trip for our family of 5.

Hopefully this may help anyone else looking to get to Aosta valley next winter!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy