Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arinsal

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m starting a new job in Andorra in a few months time. I’ve been offered a lovely apartment in Arinsal to live in. Unfortunately, I’ve not been able to go and have a look around Andorra due to quarantine. I’ve been tentatively looking at La Massana, Andorra La Vella and Escaldes.

I’ve reservations about living in a fairly high ski resort all year round. It will make the journey to work trickier - I’m going to be working the other side of Andorra La Vella. I’m interested to know what Arinsal might be to live in year round and not just during the ski season. Anyone able to help?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 19-06-21 20:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@hammerite, congratulations on the new job!

I can’t comment on what Arinsal may be like out of season but, my impression, having stayed there (in a very warm, non-Winter like week), was that it felt more like an Alpine town as opposed to a pure, out and out ski resort. From distant memory, there was a reasonable array of shops/supermarkets etc for a smallish town.

I seem to recall it being about 40 mins or so to Andorra La Vella by car.

Probably not much help, all in all. Either way, good luck Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Cacciatore, thank you. 40 mins is probably a bit too long. Especially as I’ll be working all through winter (and the conditions) and then have most of the summer off. Although there are a number of apartments there that have been offered to all my new colleagues so there could be some car sharing going on.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy