Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations: Accommodation in Europe at the top of the mountain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@LaForet, its just the last little bit to get from the gondola....usually a couple of hundred metres or so. The luggage goes in cages. I imagine the cost is included with the hotel booking.

As for the rest, it doesn't seem to stop people
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@LaForet, The Flying Mozart is a télécabine, so is the Kogelalmbahn and they are about 30m apart. The walk from the Kogelalmbahn to the Wagrainhaus is about 75m. They collect your luggage from the Kogelalmbahn and give you a ride up the 75m if you insist. Agree with you about the Mt. Fort but both options are a hell of a lot cheaper than Verbier.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@LaForet, you are right there is some risk associated with staying on the mountain - I guess very worst case if the lift system is totally closed we will have to find accommodation in town for 1 (or more!) nights until the weather breaks...

The last time I stayed at the top of the mountain in Crans Montana we arrived in the morning, changed into gear and left baggage at the collection point for the hotel. Mountain accommodation must be used to collecting luggage and transporting it up/down as their entire business model is built on people being able to access the accommodation with their clothes... I suspect this not the same as staying at the Mt Fort cabin or a real touring hut (and I'm hoping the food/wine is better. Madeye-Smiley )

(As an aside, we will probably only go for 4 nights and not a full week).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Verbier Ruinettes Station accommodation is about CHF 60/night and offers 2 and 4-bed rooms. So, not expensive and seemed to match what the OP was open to considering. Don't fall into the 'Oh Switzerland is so expensive' trap - it certainly can be. But then, so can Courcheval 1850 and similar on-piste accommodation. I'm not trying to trash the alternatives: just trying to help the OP judge the pros and cons. And I'm not trying to be a sales rep for Verbier: more using it as an illustration of what might be on offer and the +/- points of the various options. I suspect that whatever his group goes for, it'll be very enjoyable but will come with some downsides as well as upsides.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 22-06-21 10:17; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@LaForet, we have our own equipment and (beyond gear) travel relatively light.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We stayed here:
http://www.booking.com/Share-KPWs0V
Amazing location, friendly staff, great restaurant, high altitude door step skiing.
Can highly recommend.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@1556garyt Actually, 4 nights probably simplifies things compared to a week, as you'd need to carry much less stuff. And having your own equipment simplifies the logistics as you don't need a trip to the hire shop. And it probably discounts my 'in-resort' option, as with only 4 nights it seems a bit pointless to pay for 4 nights in a resort but be away for 2 of them, just for the convenience. For all I know, the big high mountain cabins like Mt. Fort will skidoo your luggage up from the mid-station, or will if you pay them. You could always hire a helicopter, of course - the going rate is about £100/minute transit time Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LaForet wrote:
Don't fall into the 'Oh Switzerland is so expensive' trap - it certainly can be....

Totally agree - I had a place in Nendaz/4-Vallees for 15 years (sold just before Pandemic hit Cool) so I know how incredible the area is. However one of the reasons for selling was that we wanted to explore other ski areas, which is why Verbier will not be on the menu for the next few years. I have not skied enough in Austria or Italy so they are likely venues for 2022 (along with Japan at Christmas if travel is allowed!).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://www.montanaoberlech.at/en/

Stayed here 12 years ago and is still the best food I've ever eaten together with being a too notch location. Ok not top of mountain but mid mountain. The area will suit your abilities perfectly

Not cheap mind you, but given you've recently sold a place in Switzerland I'm guessing that's not an issue Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://www.grawand.com/en

I’ve ski toured past this place. It would certainly be memorable and you wouldn’t need many beers to start feeling quite giddy Laughing

The skiing might be a bit limited. I don’t suppose this is where the Martini advert was filmed in the 1970s ?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy