Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goggles and helmet combination

Poster: A snowHead
Just ordered a pair of smith i/o mag xl goggles, cause the last goggles were a little small… realised I haven’t used my helmet in a couple years and that is also too small so going to need to get a new helmet. Anyone know if the poc orbec would be compatible or another helmet that would work well
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SaltyRooster,

Can't help with poc or orbec because I don't have gear at hand but I tend to buy googles and helmets from the same brands to aid compatibility and Smith do a very good range of helmets - seems like the obvious solution?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What @jedster, says buy from same company for a helmet if you have the goggles. For me goggles have to be tried before buying. I find some press on my nose and also I need wide field of view.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SaltyRooster, my mag XLs have fit fine with both a Smith Vantage and a Sweet Protection Trooper 2 helmet. I have no idea about the POC but I hope this helps.

Brace yourself for the ‘have you tried these goggles’ or ‘you should have got these goggles’ replies.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Never had a problem with goggles/helmet compatibility. Suspect straw man.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gordyjh, good for you. So your advice is buy anything because it will be okay.

I looked up what straw man means and seems we should not offer advice.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers guys yeah I got the xl mag cause I previously had the standard I/o and realised I got them a bit ago when I was a fair bit smaller… so they sort of construct my peripheral vision but I really liked the clarity and anti fogging… was thinking about getting a smith helmet, just wanted to get my new helmet with mips and couldn’t really find any smith helmets with it that I liked the look of
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SaltyRooster, A helmet is a safety device, so getting one that fits should be the priority. Not just for the crash protection it offers, but also because of comfort, as you will be wearing for hours at a time.

Goggle compatibility should be a thing of the past, as most of not all helmet companies also have a goggle range, but that does not take into account your head shape and forehead size, which are big variables. Helmets brands tend to either be round or oval in section, so the circumference which is the usual size criteria isn’t the only factor in terms of fit.

As with anything else, try before you buy, and take your goggles with you. Also check if you buy online whether the store will allow returns, as many don’t as helmets count as safety equipment, and cannot be resold when returned as they don’t know how the helmet has been treated.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It can be quite hard to buy in person, especially at the minute so I get online suits some people better. As long as you order from a site which offers free returns surely there is no problem?

I have noticed some helmet goggle combinations don't work perfectly, even from the same brand so it's never an exact science as face and head shape have an impact.

I love my POC helmet but it may not fit you at all so be prepared to return it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@GlasgowCyclops, surely you only need half of a wide field of view?

I'll get my coat.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Gordyjh, I bought a Giro helmet and Oakley goggles. The Goggles were too big. No straw involved.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My Daughter uses a poc skull x for racing, and damaged her Uvex goggles, so I lent her my smith mag i/o's just for the rest of the afternoon and they sort of worked as a temp fix, but did not fit very well at all.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@MorningGory, happy to be proved wrong.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, surely you only need half of a wide field of view?

I'll get my coat.

Happy

Actually the opposite, because of no cross vision to ope the angle I need large field of view goggles. Strangely the ones that look wide from the outside are not so good.

The ones with a traditional frame have a larger field of view.

Of the ones I tried.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Zorrac wrote:
My Daughter uses a poc skull x for racing, and damaged her Uvex goggles, so I lent her my smith mag i/o's just for the rest of the afternoon and they sort of worked as a temp fix, but did not fit very well at all.

I actually found a friend of a friend who has a poc helmet and smith io goggles said they work fine together… maybe it was a size issue?
ski holidays
Can confirm they work great together
snow report
@SaltyRooster, excellent news
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy