Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Queenstown/Southern Lakes 2021

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
With the local lifts due to start operating in less than a month it's time to start this season's thread. The only really new development in the region is the installation of a new lift on Mt Cardrona. Well it is actually the refurbished old McDougalls chair. It is the first lift going into the Soho basin side of the mountain and will open up new terrain in an area called Willows Basin. Named after the 1988 movie Willow because this area was used for filming. The terrain is mostly intermediate and is south and west of the main base area. In the future there will be at least one new lift further north in the main Soho basin area. We still need a far bit of snow to open any lifts and there is a bit forecast over the next few days.
Further north in the mid and south Canterbury region there is a major weather event developing and snow forecasts for the ski areas range from 1.5m to over 2.5m. With flooding at lower altitudes.
Late last winter I moved from Queenstown a couple of hours away to rural Central Otago so won't be up on the snow as frequently as in previous years but will try to keep you updated as the season develops.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cheers Sarge McSarge.

I will enjoy your reports Smile As I've previously mentioned, we have a soft spot for NZ after a brilliant trip there (& a great time on the slopes of the South Island) in July 2019.

Here's to a great season for you down there!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hutt reporting 3-4 metres at the top, 40cm at the bottom - high freezing level.

Wouldn’t be surprised if their access road is a mess though. They had about half a metre of rain through there over 3 days.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yesterday The Remarkables opened for the season, the first or the southern areas to do so. But there is a catch. Only two beginner conveyor lifts operating. Early stats are showing that June is heading towards a record as the warmest ever for NZ. Good news is that there is a cold storm approaching for early next week, let us hope that is actually going to happen Confused
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy