Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Blister ski/bike review podcasts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’ve always found their ski reviews to be similar to my experience. https://blisterreview.com/

Listened to a couple of the Gear:30 Podcasts recently and enjoyed them. This one is includes a review of the new Lange and Dalbello touring boots among other things https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/at-boots-bindings-skis-w-sebastian-steinbach-ep-145

And this one covers some powder skis including the Whitedot Ragnarok Asym and Faction La Machine (v. Interesting!) https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/reviewer-reports-powder-skis-w-paul-forward-ep-144

They also have a more general set of Blister podcasts. I particularly enjoyed this one with Sam Anthamatten about La Liste 2, steep skiing and comparing riding with Jeremie Heitz vs Xavier de le Rue https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/sam-anthamatten-on-steep-skiing-la-liste-2-the-fwt-gear-choices-ep-158

A nice way of getting a ski fix during the Summer months on the bike!

Enjoy!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have they got more succinct? I listened to one of their podcasts a couple of years back and it was overlong underedited rambling typical of "amateur" podcasts.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am a fan of the blister podcast : they get some great guests.
One of the better English language ski podcasts.

The gear-30 reviews can be very good if it is something specific you are interested in.
Though there is only so many gear reviews you can listen to...
Plus Jonathon Ellsworth can be little dry without a good guest to bounce off.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Have they got more succinct? I listened to one of their podcasts a couple of years back and it was overlong underedited rambling typical of "amateur" podcasts.

Wouldn’t call the ones I’ve listed to succinct but fit a 1hr bike ride perfectly, and there’s usually a summary of the topics with timings so you can skip the sections you’re not interested in
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haggis_Trap wrote:
I am a fan of the blister podcast : they get some great guests.
One of the better English language ski podcasts.

The gear-30 reviews can be very good if it is something specific you are interested in.
Though there is only so many gear reviews you can listen to...
Plus Jonathon Ellsworth can be little dry without a good guest to bounce off.

Any others you’d recommend?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BobinCH wrote:

Any others you’d recommend?

The other ski related ones on my watch-list are:

- the ski instructor podcast
- powell movement
- low pressure podcast

though only listen in if they have a good guest that catches my attention.
obviously english language ski podcasts tend to be North American focused.
though all of the above often have european guests on.

season 5 of coffee break french (la verite eclat) has been consuming limited podcast time available!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Haggis_Trap wrote:

season 5 of coffee break french (la verite eclat) has been consuming limited podcast time available!

Cheers!

Planning another ski season?!??
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BobinCH wrote:
Haggis_Trap wrote:

Cheers!
Planning another ski season?!??

... Yes, when the kids are grown up! But realistically not anytime soon.
Right now a week in Alps would be fine thing given travel restrictions.

Any podcast recommendation in return?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy