Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Folie Douce Val d'Isère back to resort ??

Poster: A snowHead
Can you return back to Tignes from La Folie Douce Val d'Isère after the lifts have shut
or do those particular lifts say open late ... not sure how it works

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Think once the lift shuts you have to ski down and get the bus around to Times.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It all happens at about the same time so the pisteurs can go home and not have to come back to rescue pissed punters. Tommeuses back to Tignes shuts as published and is enforced by Folie bouncers so you may lose a few minutes compared with those in Val.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If I recall correctly once the lift shuts you have to ski down, which can be quite entertaining! Ski busses run at the bottom though
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chocksaway wrote:
It all happens at about the same time so the pisteurs can go home and not have to come back to rescue pissed punters. Tommeuses back to Tignes shuts as published and is enforced by Folie bouncers so you may lose a few minutes compared with those in Val.

This.

Or visit CHamonix instead, the Folie Douce is in town. Although it's a bit more of a hybrid with Mum and Dad upstairs in the not-to-my-taste bar and the youngetsr getting absolutely bladdered to the live music downstairs.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try the Coco Rico in the centre of Val. Far better than the Folie Douce and you don't have to ski anywhere afterwards.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@snowhound,

But it's a long walk back to Tignes.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There’s one in Val Claret too!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the info
Looks like the last lift is around 4.30pm or its a bus from La Daille or Val d'isere
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
you could always go to the Folie douce, back into Val D Isere to Cafe Face, then on to Cocorico, to Bar XV , then Petit danois or Dicks til next morning kick out... get a breakfast and get first lift up and ski back ???? Skullie saves a lot of that messing about and worry of missing the last lift
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@wasley,

As other have suggested, from the Folie douce you can ski down to La Daille then get on a coach (its not a free Navette but it's some thing like 2 euro or 5 euro per trip).

Time table link here for the 19/20 season.

https://www.tignes.net/uploads/media/default/0001/74/ae2c1241bc487b3e0da277973701014427447d33.jpeg

the bus works well. I've used it when I was doing a ski instructor course that finished up each afternoon/evening in La daille but my accom was in Tignes.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’ve posted it on another thread but where would you stay in Tignes .. le lac or Val claret ..
we are 3 dads with 3 21 year old sons
I’m leaning towards VC because it has Melting pot night club but not sure what the 4pm apres is like compared to Le lac
Lift queues and access in the mornings is also a concern not just the alcohol Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It really doesn't matter. There's a 24/7 bus between the two and it's a 10 minute ride.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
10 minutes? It's a fair distance from VD to Tignes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Lechbob, he means between le lac and val claret

I could have done with a bus about 10 years ago. Partying in lac and staying in les boisses. Had to get a taxi to come from val disere...Good old Jaques.
ski holidays
Tignes isn’t really a throbbing nightclub kinda place, compared with Val D.

Personally I prefer Le Lac (Tignes 2100) as a base. Val Claret I find a bit bleak and brutalist. Neither could be described as beautiful, not even by their own mothers.

Lavachet, slightly lower than Le Lac but walkable, is usually a bit better value accommodation wise, though marginally less convenient for main lift hub and central facilities. All are connected by a good, frequent, free bus service.
snow report
@holidayloverxx, my bad
snow conditions
Skin up a little way next to Tommeuses then you might do it off-piste, off-pissed across the Pas de la Toviere. They can get your bodies back in the morning Twisted Evil
ski holidays
snowhound wrote:

Do you mean a Folie Douce? I don't think that's right. Val Thorens, yes. Val Claret, no.
snow report
iainm wrote:
snowhound wrote:

Do you mean a Folie Douce? I don't think that's right. Val Thorens, yes. Val Claret, no.

No Snowbound was referring to Cocorico, which appeared in Tignes Val Claret a couple of seasons ago.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy