Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski choice for Vallee Blanche?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just thought I would canvas opinion as I am hoping to ski the Vallee next season.

Would you guys consider that an all mountain ski (Eg Rossi B2) would be suitable for it, or would a more off piste oriented ski be more appropriate? Or does it just come down to the conditions on the day?

Thanks...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anything really..., anything you are comfortable with, even Nordic skis would do for the normal route. The only thing I wouldn't take would be hire skis if you have to carry them at the end because rental bindings are so heavy.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mark2010,

Your B2's will be fine. The more pertinent question would be what route. If you do the classic route it isn't very demanding at all and sideslipping a narrow path is your biggest test. If you were on one of the variants then something bigger might be more fun and you might need a ski for some pretty steep gullies.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy