Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody booked for next season yet?

Poster: A snowHead
I know it's a bit early, but I get twitchy if I don't have definite skiing in the pipeline.

Probably going to do Austria for Christmas again - but not sure whether to return to Saalbach or Kitzbuhel or try somewhere new.

Will almost certainly be doing 3V as usual for February half-term.

Feel the need to get booking stuff. And don't say hang on and see where the snow is. I'm stuck with school holiday dates and no options when I travel.

Anyone else twitchy...?

snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
New Year, 1/2 Term/ Easter.
All booked.

BA release flights XXX days before travel.

When you are tied to School holidays as we are...why wait until day XXX-1 and end up paying more?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're stuck with high season, booking early is best bet for a bargain - TOs try to spread out their cash flow by offering early-booker discounts etc.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Booked 7 weeks in Montalbert Very Happy
On holiday chart at work
Waiting for Eurotunnel frequent users re-newal Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Booked for half-term 2007 at La Rosiere... and promised to the EoSB 07 as well snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We've got flights booked for a couple of trips. Taken a couple of bookings for our apartment as well, so there are certainly people who like to book early for the peak times.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
End of Feb for one week to Selva (same hotel as it was fantastic). Managed to get flights from Scotland (Edinburgh) instead of having to go all the way to Manchester.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Holidays sorted at work for Xmas and New Year, but no definite arrangements yet. boredsurfin, I looked at that , but it isn't worth it as i can;t pay with my tesco vouchers. So far my crossings have cost me 30 quid.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just booked today to go to St Anton, and feel calmer already...

First time away with the new little-un, so expecting a more family affair ! We booked with Esprit Ski which seems to get all the mentions when it comes to families...

Can't wait - it'll be juniors first taste of snow in the big mountains, and he's got some training to get in if he's gonna make the 2022 Olympics !
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yup, the week before the EOSB we booked for Zermatt on the 23rd December for a week over xmas.

Oh, and I've already pencilled in the EOSB 07 Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Golf in June for 7 days in Bairittz
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Vaguely booke for December, January and February. Provisional thoughts on October, March and April as well. No idea what to do in November. Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont, We don't spend enough in Tesco's to benefit Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Paid for my CML season ticket already - cheap deal if you bought before the end of April.

Friends have booked the accomodation for a trip to Arabba over Christmas - transport not sorted yet.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wear The Fox Hat, PSB Laughing
ski holidays
Scotland in June
Maybe Greece in September
PSB in November
3/4 day girls trip in Jan
Jan/Feb maybe Aspen ESA
EOSB in April
How where's that overtime book gone rolling eyes
snow report
Linds, I thought it was October! If not, then November-April all have possible bookings.
Nov: PSB?
Dec: ESAE (VT)
Jan: ESA (CO)
Feb: Canyons (UT) or somewhere (CO)
Mar: ESAW (CA/NV - TBC)?
Apr: EoSB
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, I got a gap in Febuary Laughing
I think the PSB is over the 1st weekend in November
snow report
Linds, OK, as for Feb, there are a few possibilities as for where I will base myself:
Canyons
Winter Park
Breck
Vail
(I don't want to be stuck in a rut of always going to the same place...)
ski holidays
New Year and half-term in Megève.
snow conditions
Cornwall in June; poss safari in Tanzania in september, Skiing in Wengen New year or Feb
Must get some work done inbetween!!! Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Well our trip for 44 to La Rosiere had a hiccup, and when we came to put deposits down someone else had booked the chalet. Its back to Reberty (above Les Menuires) on 1st April 2007 for 18 of us. Deposit paid. Silver Ski have now sold every one of the 54 beds in their 3 Reberty Chalets for that week.
snow conditions
Not sure if I fancy working another season or not so im going to hang back- I saw first hand the amazing last minute discounts you can get if you wait!
ski holidays
Val D'Isere at end Jan booked, Courchevel mid March semi-booked (reservation sent, no reply yet), Zermatt in December agreed in principle but not date yet, friend coming to us for Xmas for us all to ski somewhere different every day, trying to persuade Mr Eng the PSB is a must and in between will be the odd day and weekend.
latest report
eng_ch, Especially as you can just jump in your car - soooo easy (PSB). Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, yeah, good innit? Broadens the horizons immeasurably. I'm working on it Wink And you never know, if he doesn't want to, I might get away with a few days on my own where I wouldn't for a whole week
snow conditions
Just worked out whateng_ch, stands for Duh Embarassed
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Just worked out whateng_ch, stands for Duh Embarassed

...because she's got piles.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
"I stand for fairness and free speech, freedom and ...." - oops, wrong forum Laughing
snow report
No
snow report
Timberwolf, Why Shocked
latest report
snowbunny, Timberpup No 2. is due to make an appearance in Sep which is Very Happy ,but it means that I need to plan carefully when I go ie before Mrs T returns to work after her maternity. Looking like late Jan, so I think I'll wait and get a late one. Thanks for asking, nothing more drastic than that wink
snow conditions
Thinking of Saalbach January

N. Amreica March
latest report
johnboy, I wonder if our paths will cross this time? I am thinking of Saalbach too, not sure when, as that will depend on whether we do a Christmas/NY hol with the kids or not. Would you like me to warn you when/if I book for Saalbach, so you know which week to avoid? Toofy Grin
snow report
I'm going to Soldeu (Andorra) with my group next year. And I'm still not sure why. Every year we go to France - big resorts such as 3 Valleys, Les Arcs, Alpe d'huez etc, something for everyone. But as there's 28 of us the organisers have to book early and pay top prices to tour operators. Now it started to niggle with many people as they could "do their own thing" or make a last minute booking for half the price. So now, to make it cheaper, they booked Andorra. Now I know some people love it. But, long transfers, no ski in/ski out, hotel with "buffet" dinner (chips and salmonella) is not my dream holiday. I did, in fact, almost refuse to go but got talked into it. Please, someone, give me some enthusiasm ....
snow conditions
maggi, Andorra is spending mega € on going upmarket in the lift systems and infrastructure. Some of the Hotels are ski in/out, and pretty posh...and they have had 2 really good winters ...How's that Very Happy
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno,

Let me know if/when you book Saalbach. I can go anytime in January. It would be good to meet a few more Snowheads. snowHead
snow report
maggi, good value instruction, good value equipment, duty free alcohol, ............... in fact, got any spaces free ? wink snowHead
ski holidays
snowbunny,
Quote:

Some of the Hotels are ski in/out, and pretty posh.
I know where we're staying - and it's not one of those Crying or Very sad but thanks anyway snowHead . Have you ever been?
Timberwolf,
Quote:

duty free alcohol
OK, things are getting better Little Angel
snow conditions
Am trying to drum up a crowd for a March trip to 3V - why is it always so difficult to get people to think ahead! So far I have five of us, but I need at least another 1 or 2 couples to get the chalet I want.

If I can persuede my wife I might see if I can book a last minute deal somewhere completely different in December,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy